1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Comprehensive Lvl55-115 Training Guide (IN-DEPTH)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Champagnole, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Champagnole

Champagnole Snail

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    4:28 PM
    Level: 55-115
    Monster(s):[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Information:
    That's it. This is the only option.

[​IMG]

The west section (only 6 CDs) was done early on as I didn't want to burden people with my lvl 55 damage. Using high accuracy and dex gear I was only missing ~30% of the time at 55 and still getting 2m xp/hr in the west section. Compared to the 1-1.5m I was getting at MP3 just a level earlier.

[​IMG]
    This was done on a DK maxing as using roar as quickly as possible and a SI mule. Mostly done roaring the bottom and middle row with a priest killing the top row. It was about a level every 25-35 minutes up until 100 at which point I tested out gallos/himes but man nothing compares to this map.

I was getting ~17.5m xp/hr at 115 at CDs (priest killing top row), 13-14m at gallos (solo), and 14-15m at himes (priest heal spamming). Never did try gallos with a priest but ive heard good things.

Now I just want to say: I love this map. Yes, it's completely superior to literally everything else in, and even 30 levels above, its level range but the insane monster density and opportunity for party play make this map always enjoyable.

I'd really like to see some older buffed to at least semi near the power of CDs. To be honest its not even the XP of CDs that keeps me there, but the INSANE density of the mobs. 24 Oldies which each split into 3 additional mobs. 96 total mobs. My roar was pretty much always hitting 15 disc boys and noise of 15 mobs being hit, the mega loud death noise when they all die, and the constant equip and event drops makes this map dopamine central. Even if they gave half as much xp id probably still find myself here.

Honestly feels like an ARPG with all the monster slaughtering and accompanying loot drops. In my opinion, I feel like buffing other maps monster spawn speed, spawn amount, or spawn cap over just XP/HP amounts is far more exciting. Also, the map layout. You barely have to move, no ropes to climb just instant teles between platforms. It's just constant plastic circle slaughter. A lot of older maps could benefit from just a single teleport.

Btw i now hear the CD death noise in my dreams (nightmares?)

• Funny x 18
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. Diziple

Diziple Pac Pinky

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    7:28 AM
    HappyGuY
    Dragon Knight
    None
    This gonna flood CDs even more. More channels please?

3. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    7:28 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    But mannequins was too OP

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    8:28 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    So where is comprehensive guide :confused:?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Myrosb

Myrosb Brown Teddy

Jun 17, 2020
    Male
    Texas
    6:28 PM
    Spearmintx, Quit
    Dark Knight
    Man cd's are great ;P

6. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    1:28 AM
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    Gallopera would be better exp after 94-100 especially on a DK unless your gear is awful.. Just like Mannequins the exp ratio will fall off compared to stronger mobs like Gallopera's which are 41k HP for 5K exp on a very good map layout simular to Himes. CD's are good but not as good as Mannequins used to be ;]

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  7. Freshmaniac

Freshmaniac Mano

Nov 12, 2019
    Male
    Piershingu
    Corsair
    EXP-wise, CDs are way better than Mannequins. The problem with Mannequins is that the map is simply too wide, and that Mannequins will spawn on the outer edges of the map. The one factor that redeems Mannequins is that they move very quickly, so if during the short time one clears the bottom platform, at least 6 will clump together on the top platform. This severely limits the party play in Mannequins, since if both players clear a platform remotely quickly, there will be a downtime in the kill rate as both players wait for the Mannequins to meander toward the center of the map. This makes Mannequins' effectiveness peak at 1 player.

On the other hand, CDs peak at 2-3 players, as even then there is zero downtime in killing. Especially for a DK Roaring, there is absolutely zero time spent not Roaring, other than walking, and when you do Roar, at CDs it should always hit 14-15 whereas at Mannequins you may have to wait for a bit until Mannequins walk into Roar range. The sheer mob density of Star Avenue's South Section is simply too much for Kid Mannequins to outmatch. For the cherry on top, you have HS in a party of 2 (which will individually benefit both player's own EXP for about 15% exp instead of a 10% bonus in a party of 1), plus a Priest trickling in some additional EXP by clearing top platform.

I will say that Mannequins in general is just a much more chill experience. The auto aggro makes things very automated, but also party play in a sense puts a burden on you to not only have decent gear/levels but also just grind efficiently, so if you wanted to look away from the screen 80% of the time to watch a show, it's harder in party play. It also means, if you wanted to go to Mannequins at level 55, you could, and you wouldn't anchor your party's EPH as a result (because you would have no party). Don't be like that one Priest who, while I was grinding at Mannequins, asked to party, requested that we would only hug the right wall, which made it so any mobs spawning on the left edge of the map had double distance to travel to be killed, requested the top platform so that I would have to climb the rope to refresh HS, and watched anime the entire time.

8. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    7:28 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    can you do a mage lvling guild 125 to 200 next

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    "urgh I disagree nurff"
    Well I played when Mannequins were op and better than CD's are now and Gallopera/Himes were better on my Dk around 10x (unfunded) Himes and Mannequins are the same now as they were in 2018. You complain just to complain. My sister now on a CB NOT using M-E but BoT also get more exp at Gallopera/Himes at lvl 111 than she gets at CD's.
    You create a problem for yourself that doesn't exist.
    The only classes where it could be a concern are Hermit and Archers, they always had a troubled 70-100 regardless of content or gear compared to most other classes. No need for anyone else to stick around at CD's for so long, makes no sense unless you're there for the mesos only cause exp falls off period.

10. sandpickle

sandpickle Mushmom

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    firepickle
    Magician
    Cucumber
    I'm not OP, but this map was pretty good.
    [​IMG]
    Also this is a little advice on key-binding.
    [​IMG]
    Hope this guide helps

A quick tip: The only typing you should be doing as a mage is on Discord or forums to complain about mage/shaolin nerfs.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. Shmoo

Shmoo Horny Mushroom

Oct 16, 2020
    Male
    7:28 PM
    Shmoo
    Warrior
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    how much sleep did you skip

13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    4:28 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    upload_2021-5-24_13-28-1.png

The "Leech effect." Where people get addicted to a certain rate of gains and then quit shortly after.

• Friendly Friendly x 2