1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

elemental wand or staff for priest/bishop

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by ziv, Apr 16, 2017.

1. ziv

ziv Red Snail

Mar 31, 2017
    Male
    1:20 AM
    Priest
    1)for what i know elemntal wand and staff decreese your holy attack by 25% but i see some time priest or bishops with elemntal wand or staff,there is somting that i missing?it still good for prisets and bishops?

2)there is a diffrent between wand and a staff?

2. Meepy

Meepy Mixed Golem

May 26, 2015
    Female
    Singapore
    6:20 AM
    Svets
    Bishop
    Halycon
    I didnt know it decreases holy attack :eek: Elemental staffs are mostly LUK required to equipped so its pretty much useless since most mages are pure INT
    http://bbb.hidden-street.net/search_finder/elemental staff <-- see here for elemental staff stats requirement to equip.
    elemental wand are for pure int aka most of the mages in the server .
    http://bbb.hidden-street.net/search_finder/elemental wand <--- elemental wands.

most bishop would take elemental wand 6 , as it increases poison attack. So its cheaper.
    Elemental wand 5 (that boost fire damage) and elemental wand 7 (That boost ice damage) Will be hella expensive since arch mages uses them

3. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    12:20 AM
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    The Elemental Wand holy decrease was implemented later on in MapleStory, and thus wasn't a thing in v62, which this server is.
    Hence why bishops use it, it's the best weapon out there for them :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    ziv

ziv Red Snail

Mar 31, 2017
    Male
    Priest
    thank you for your help, :)
    and about the secand qustion,i dont asking about the diffrent in elemntal staff and elemntal wand i asking about wand and staff in general, if i looking for a good weapon i need to look only on the stats?and i dont need to look at the speed and if it wand or a staff?

5. Meepy

Meepy Mixed Golem

May 26, 2015
    Female
    Singapore
    Svets
    Bishop
    Halycon
    Mostly you look at the requirements whether you can actually equipped it. And also the Magic attack. Thats all.

6. Meepy

Meepy Mixed Golem

May 26, 2015
    Female
    Singapore
    Svets
    Bishop
    Halycon
    for Pure int mages there's actually a few wands u can wear till end game.
    Wooden wand (lvl8) ,maple staff (lvl 35) , maple lama staff (lvl 43) , nocturnal staff (Lvl 43, obtainable by a quest in NLC) maple shine wand (Lvl 64), elemental wand 1-4 (Lvl70 most people will not take ele wand 4 since its +luk instead of +int), elemental wand 5-8 (Lvl130, but most people will not take ele wand 8 since its +luk instead of + int like the others)

7. OP
    OP
    ziv

ziv Red Snail

Mar 31, 2017
    Male
    Priest
    thank you very much for you help, :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Meepy

Meepy Mixed Golem

May 26, 2015
    Female
    Singapore
    Svets
    Bishop
    Halycon
    You're welcome ~

9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:20 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    If you look carefully between the ele wands and ele staves, you will soon notice a pattern:

ele wands require no luck, but the ele staves still require luck proportional to level. This is why no one likes the staves and they are of significantly less value.