1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding the Maple Leaf face accessory

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mayrose, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Mayrose

Mayrose Orange Mushroom

Jul 30, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    7:20 AM
    Amore
    Hermit
    So we are halfway through this event now and I have noticed that still tons of people have not (yet) obtained the Maple Leaf face accessory. In my opinion it would be very demotivating to not have obtained (a jobfitting) one by the end of this event. This is not because it’s just any item, but we are talking about an equipment that is sort of godly for a face accessory (+5-7 stat, 7 slots and permanent?!). That’s why I think the equipment should either be fairly obtainable for everyone taking part in the event (perhaps through hard work for it) or available to no one (after a certain amount of time). Reason for posting this is also that I have noticed that the cakehype of the first week is over and it is summoned less times a day than at the very start, which will make it harder to get one.

Suggestions:
    - Make it available for everyone to choose a Maple Leaf with your preferred stats (and perhaps other equips or something) from KitKat after completing a task, such as collecting and delivering a certain fair amount of pieces of birthday cake. That way the hype to collect cakes and summon the birthday cake won’t fade and it’s a motivator to grind.
    - Make the Maple Leaf expirable after a certain amount of time (like a month). This will prevent items such as (already scrolled) Branch Nose and Rat Mouth to become worthless.
    - Make the Maple Leaf available through gachapon after this event, so that people who will not have obtained one by the end of the event still have some sort of chance. This will relieve the pressure of the need to get one before the end of this event.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    There will be an expiration date next maintenance, we completely forgot about adding it but this was always our intention. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    12:20 AM
    Paladin
    how long is the expiration

4. OP
    OP
    Mayrose

Mayrose Orange Mushroom

Jul 30, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Amore
    Hermit
    Thanks for clearing it up and no problem! ^-^ But indeed, how much time until it expires? Because if it is a year like the rose ring from the Valentine's Event, making it available for everyone like the first suggestion would still be fair... ^^;;

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Number32

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Expiration date will be 3 months :)

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:20 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Oh, only 3 months? :( ..and it is scrollable too with 7 slots. Well, that seems like kind of a waste then! lol

I was thinking, why make the maple leaf untradable? Why make lots of things untradable if they don't have to be?

All it does is screw people over when they don't get the thing they are looking for. But you see it's worse, because everyone goes through this, except a very lucky few.

When you allow free trade, you actually have an "economy" and then you probably wouldn't even get complaints in the first place... except maybe saying that X is either too rare or too common.

7. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    I understand why NX should have an expiring date, but actual equips, I just don't.
    It made me frustrated to find out the permanent leaf was a lie, and it's going to expire in 3 months. I personally don't get why it's not permanent. Why not reward players to stick around long enough for these annual events, and those who participate in them. Chairs are nice, and I personally love them, but it's nice to actually get something useful for once. Why the heck would you want to spend time and money to scroll something that's going boom by itself in 3 months. It seems heavily demotivating to me. You put a limit on something great. 3 months of playtime. Smells a lot like bs to me.

Anyways I agree with OP that if they're made permanent for real sometime in the future, the chance to get them should definitely be increased, so everyone has a shot. Might even make it a quest. :)

• Like Like x 5
  8. Meepy

Meepy Mixed Golem

May 26, 2015
    Female
    Singapore
    1:20 PM
    Svets
    Bishop
    Halycon
    I wish they make maple leaf a untradable thing obtainable by gachapon '-' and perm. It seems rather fair to me if players uses their NX to keep trying their luck to obtain a maple leaf thru gach *-*

• Like Like x 3
  9. imadde

imadde Mixed Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Sauron/Login/Play.
    Bishop
    Demure
    What about the ppl that alredy scrolled their maple leaf before knowing that they will expire? :(

• Like Like x 3
  10. ohwhatever

ohwhatever King Slime

Apr 16, 2017
    Duckie
    Page
    Just let it stay permanent, why would they even have an expiry anyway? That's really depressing news and makes events not even worth participating in, if the rewards are just going to vanish.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    1:20 AM
    Centaur & Chaste
    Because this one was a mistake; there's no way having up to +7 Stats, 7 slots face accessories be permanent was intended or fair. It blanks all the other face accessories.
    Also it being pure RNG with most people not getting one definitely sucks.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TrickTrack

TrickTrack Horny Mushroom

Jul 29, 2015
    Male
    Everwind
    Page
    You could argue the same for the bandanas, the valentine's ring (even if it only lasts a year), ALL the white scrolls or chaos scrolls people get from the event.

There will never be a true balance with rewards. In my opinion, I think its stupid the leaf has a expiry date. Why? Because why bother to even use it then.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Difference being that the bandanas are not a best in slot item, are easily obtainable through trading, and the Chaos/White scrolls are worth a lot but are tradeable items that are only used to try to scroll godly stuff.
    Agreed that ''true balance'' most likely won't ever happen, but having untradeable event-only permanent items that, clean, are better than fully scrolled other items that are available to everyone, is a bit too unbalanced, and I can see why they'd rectify the expiry date.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Number32

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    There is a lot of other rewards that don't expire so this is quite the long shot here

• Like Like x 2
  15. Luxray

Luxray Red Snail

Apr 12, 2017
    Male
    Luxray
    I've been using the Maple items as main weapon now, but there's still a long time to replace these items. I personally don't mind the expiration, and as Number32 said, there's plenty of things that don't expire.

16. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    Yea Maple Weapons are great, but they don't really contribute to end game gear SlimeLaugh

I guess I just think I'd be nice to get maybe one item that's useful in the long run, from one of these events.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    10:20 PM
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    3 months is good amount time (maybe even too much) for that degree of overpowered equipment

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Now imagine you blow all your NX on these gachapon tickets and finally get a maple leaf! Only to discover that it gives you a stat that is completely useless to you. AND it's untradable! You can't even send it over to another char on your account!

After ragequitting and coming back, you get another maple leaf a year later. This time it's the right stats. Now to go and scroll it...

*Boom*

Oh....... Sorry... maybe next year.

Except given that people have scrolled face accessories with higher stats than that, and you only have one shot to scroll yours, it's not.

19. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    2:20 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Its a shame that the maple leaves will not stay especially for those who have already scrolled theirs but i suppose its alright if the cited reason is for game balance since RNG is a factor in obtaining it.

20. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    A factor? Haha, it's the only factor! In fact, I got a maple leaf myself, only it added strength. Too bad they will be changed to expire, cause I was thinking "hmm, only way to improve this for a mage is to chaos scroll it..."