1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hostile community?

Discussion in 'Community' started by seasonS, Apr 29, 2017.

1. seasonS

seasonS King Slime

Apr 16, 2017
    Male
    USA
    12:09 AM
    Abunai
    Hermit
    Quest
    Why are so many people that I pq with hostile? When someone messes up they yell, kick them and tell people not to invite...
    I was doing that Eos tower PQ for my first time, accidentally died (i didnt know i have to darksight) and now no one will invite me and everyone is hostile -_-... Am i getting bad luck or is everyone here angry o.o

• Like Like x 1
  2. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    5:09 AM
    Defender
    It's just park of the community sometimes, there's always cancer in private servers. Wait till you hit high levels, and die at boss ^^

3. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    6:09 AM
    Thats just the way some people are OnionWhatever

4. Beagle

Beagle Horny Mushroom

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    Swoopin
    Assassin
    Toilet
    There are some bad apples, but the majority of people I've met here are super kind. Don't give up on us yet! :) Finding a guild with members around your level will help tons with finding PQ's and friends.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    That's just PQ'ing for you. Not worse here than any other private server I've played.

6. Mayrose

Mayrose Orange Mushroom

Jul 30, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Amore
    Hermit
    I guess it is because the majority of the people playing on private servers have played MS before and already know how to do the PQ. People expect more from others. That shouldn't be a reason to be nasty to people who haven't done the PQ before (or new-new players) though, but that indeed is just the way some people are. Most people are super nice though! ^-^

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    MapleStory is a game that you generally play alone or with friends. Games such as LoL (League of Legends) require a lot of team working and as expected its known as one of the communities that get really hostile on you if you play bad due to people taking it very serious. PQing is pretty much the only aspect of team working in MapleStory, so the earlier mentioned statement also applies there. If there's a party that thinks you are doing bad they usually turn hostile on you due to frustration or other reasons

While I obviously don't approve such attitude I would not see the community as a whole just based on PQing, since its known to be the only place really where people are most heated, because people want do it as fast as possible for best EXP

• Like Like x 2
  8. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    Yeah, just unlucky.. I never PQ myself. Don't have the patience for it. Don't worry about it, the community is great :)

9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    10:09 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Probably because PQing as a whole can be frustrating. First you have to travel to a specific location just to do it. Then four other people have to also be there and not be AFK and be semi-useful and the right classes.

And then the last part, they have to know what they're doing.

This isn't to say that a group of completely blind players couldn't do it, but the problem is no one bothers to read the given instructions or hints. And usually you don't need to anyway because usually it's just a matter of breaking open boxes and killing monsters. But then you get a curve ball thrown at you where these guys 1shot you and you have to use dark sight.

So I guess they're mad at you for having being ignorant and rushing, but on the other hand, they probably never bothered trying to guide you at all either. If they won't even invite you back after that, you're definitely pretty unlucky with some hardcore jerks.

10. WonderKing

WonderKing Mano

Apr 14, 2015
    9:09 PM
    Cleric
    This is why I play solo and never attempt to make friends.

And this isn't saying that I've had bad experiences here on Legends, I haven't yet. I'm just weird.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Just bad luck. Most of them are cool, there are just the occasional ppl2passers that devote their entire lives to leveling up pixels and get crazy like that. The only thing they actually know is ppl2pass so if you try introduce any kind of concept that is foreign to them, such as the mistakes of human beings, they don't even begin to understand how such a thing could happen. Just like programming. If you don't program a computer to understand something, it just won't know what to do and it will do horrible things, or nothing at all. Don't worry, you're fine. 95% of PQers are rational thinkers just like you.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MangaFox156

MangaFox156 Dark Stone Golem

Mar 12, 2017
    Female
    USA
    Zenido/Meruni
    Demure
    Like everyone else said, it's bad luck and there are some players that take PQs very seriously. Besides, the majority of the PQers are very nice and if you're new, they'll help guide you.
    Keep trying in PQs and you'll have more fun.MapleF17

13. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I remember that even in the original ms some people got mad on newcomers and didnt have patience to guide and wait.

14. OP
    OP
    seasonS

seasonS King Slime

Apr 16, 2017
    Male
    USA
    Abunai
    Hermit
    Quest
    Yeah I shouldn't jump the gun and assume most PQers are rude. I just had a bad experience. Like I said, I was excited to try this PQ (I never did the Eos tower PQ when I played GMS pre BB) and that guy just ruined it for me. I apologized for messing up his PQ but to go out of his way and tell other parties to kick me just made me really upset. I'll try again guys ;w; thanks ~ <3

Edit: He also told me he was recording and would get me banned for harassment when I clearly did nothing wrong -_-... I am sorry I let this one person cause me to question the community as a whole. Clearly you guys rock ;)
    Maplelegends is my favorite private server thus far, and I don't plan on giving up on you guys lol :D

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  15. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    7:09 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    I found out about this server through a friend who helps me around. I suggest announcing to people beforehand that you are new and see who is willing to help. A guild or a solid group of friends who you play with regularly can really make the game. I've already made some great friends from hpq and kpq as well. Feel free to buddy me (though you're quite ahead in levels)

also lol it's great that he recorded himself being a douche. Will probably backfire ;D

16. GilDesuka

GilDesuka Capt. Latanica

Nov 6, 2016
    Earth
    7:09 AM
    Kotone, JellyFish, Yesterday, ApplePi
    Beginner, Islander, I/L Wizard, Bandit
    I've always avoided competitive games because people tend to be edgy/ rude/ toxic there, especially towards noobs (perma noob here). Maplestory is a pretty chill game, but some people still play competitively.
    In MapleLegends however, I almost never ran into people who were rude/ mean/ toxic/ flamy. Most of the community is pretty warm and friendly. But tbh I have had a few incidents with mean or edgy PQers after Royals collapsed and all these new players joined the server...
    In every big community there are jerks, and I'm sorry to hear that one of your earlier experiences with the community involved some of these.
    But eventually, in MapleLegends, I noticed most of the toxic people don't stick around for long, and like theKatia said, you can always ask them to go easy on you. If they don't want to chill they can just not add you and that's their problem!
    I'm turning one of my characters into a perma LPQer now, so if you wanna pq on weekends with me I'd love to play and take anyone's side in confrontation with jerks xD

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  17. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    5:09 AM
    Defender
    Just like me, I'm weird lets be weird friends together!

18. chrono721

chrono721 Red Snail

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    New Jersey
    LexWar721
    Crusader
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience! I have yet to try a PQ on the server, but in general I've found people to be very friendly. I feel like you just had a streak of bad luck.

I'm always down to PQ though. Even though I'm pretty behind in levels, feel free to buddy me. I'd definitely be willing to PQ whenever our levels match up.

19. Davifus

Davifus King Slime

May 26, 2017
    Male
    America
    Beginner
    Woooo good thing you didn't get to stage 8. That's where parties make or break half the time.
    [In the aspect of PQing]
    Its all part of the game and the best way to deal with it is to do your research. Try your best to go into Pqing with a mindset of not hindering anyone's experience[Experience as in their time and EXP]. Don't get me wrong there will be other people that will dive into PQ's [KPQ,LPQ,LMPQ] without any knowledge of it.
    This is where:
    A. You guide them and explain how the PQ works.
    B. You repay the favor and lash out on them. kick/unfriend/shame/Nub & ETC.

This is my opinion and you can take it however you want.

At end of the day it just a video game.