1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

FM shop space...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lionheart, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xRelic

xRelic Blue Snail

May 11, 2017
    7:35 AM
    Hurr Durr
    Beginner
    Then go ahead and make the switch to WoW/D3 or whatever other MMOs you would prefer. While your argument does bring about some valid points, it's not up to your inclusion of 1-2 successful MMOs case study per se to prove how merching will not be affected. I can guarantee marching will fail. Your example of successful merchers existing is like income inequality IRL, where the rich won't be affected but the rest of the population damn right will. Simple choice here, if you don't like the system then don't play the game. No one is forcing you to do either. Oh maybe there's a third choice for your, which is to continue complaining like you always have done. Whoops

• Like Like x 2
  2. Delta

Delta Orange Mushroom Retired Staff

Jan 30, 2017
    Male
    NYC
    7:35 PM
    And yet most of the comments you've made regarding it in this thread are either incorrect, or show you have a complete lack of understanding on the subject. Need I say more with regards to your own advise here? ;]

By all means though, please keep giving me things to quote from you.

Let me quickly add to this - We encourage everyone to share their opinions and thoughts on the forums here regardless of programming ability or experience. Yourself included! Shaming other members for sharing their opinions isn't welcome. In your position it's just plain silly.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:35 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Like what? Name one solid example.

You realize, they called me narrow-minded, and yet you give them a free pass, right?

But I'm coming from a programmer's and game developer's mindset, and as I pointed out, this is clearly an example of a N^2 algorithm. Not only does the server have to do this work as it relays all this data to each of the players who browse the shops, but that means every N player has to look at the N shops and try to record highs and lows of what they see.

The server is doing a lot of work in this regard, and the players are doing a massive amount of menial work as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    [​IMG]

LionheartLionheart
    I don't doubt the validity of your argument, however it would be nice to construe them so you aren't attacking the players or where they're coming from.
    People are bringing up opinions that have their own merit, rather than attacking the person it's preferred to attack the argument instead.

Honestly, you'd get a lot more traction this way.

Edit: I'm also a developer, but I wouldn't put significantly more weight on my argument SIMPLY because I'm a developer/engineer. Rather, provide a constructive argument that doesn't rely on attacking others at all.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 12
  5. Delta

Delta Orange Mushroom Retired Staff

Jan 30, 2017
    Male
    NYC
    ^
    I had a whole response for you, but honestly deribou said it much better.

6. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    9:35 AM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    When you come back to the thread and Lionheart has doubled down on his opinions

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  7. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:35 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    See, what is this garbage? Everyone can double down on their opinions. I can't.

Everyone can post trash and poke fun at me. I'm not a care bear and sugar coat everything, I'm the bad guy and biggest forum troll!

Some of you people need to get thicker skin. And sadly some of you need to grow up.

But to the rest I apologize.

Quite honestly this thread would look a lot nicer without all the hatedom.

8. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    8:35 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Considering there were 4 pages of probably stupidly aggressive arguments...

[​IMG]

In all seriousness though, GMS was like this (and way worse) back in the day. This server is GMS like and I don't see many people having a problem with it. It's fun to browse through the FMs every so and then when you are bored and want to see what people are selling. If you really need an specific item, you can just owl it to save time, write down all the fm rooms and store names in which the item was sold at the price you find most suitable and buy it. When the FM was basically empty because of the low population people complained about the shitty economy, now that it's getting full, other people complain. Not everyone can be satisfied and imo most don't see this as a problem, but as something good instead.

• Like Like x 5
  9. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    when are you coming back

• Like Like x 1
  10. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    6:35 PM
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    Well I can only speak for myself but I do know that the first few FM rooms are almost always taken by the same people and since I know that their stuff is not relevant for me, I start looking for stuff in other rooms first... Being that said I do not think at all that these people on FM1 have a "Huge" advantage. I mean if you know these guys always are the same guys and have the same stuff, I would not check those rooms first... sounds logical right?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Totally the same here; I don't really care for skillbooks and the such at the moment. I start from FM22 and I go down, I think the higher numbered rooms have more chances of having ''fresh'' people and stores ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    2:35 AM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    Thats why i fucking love you!

as for the post, i accually read it all (fuck me im bored) i can just say: THIS IS MAPLE CAN YOU PLEASE STOP!
    spend the 1 hour to find your shit. dont want to? I DONT CARE.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:35 AM
    Moderator Post
    So seeing this is basically turning into Lionheart v.s the server I can pretty much assume nobody would like to have the way shops work right now changed. We will in end always be an Old School MapleStory Server which means we aim to be as identical to Old Maple as we can. We made our tweaks here and there to improve the gameplay experience such as tweaking skills, adding boss bars at bosses that didn't had one, fixing typos, etc. Usually those are small OCD fixes that improves the gameplay and makes the game feels more polished and less cheap.

Changing the way shops work is a gameplay change. Skippable boat rides for example had a mixed bag of opinions, but even then I am favouring the group that wants keep it GMS-like because that's the aim of our server. Usually I only make changes if 75%+~ of community is for this change.

There's of course a few changes we made by our own. The fame setting and Summoning bag removal is a good example for those. We felt like these changes were for the good of the community and mainly because I was pretty tired of the latter, as people only used them to kill each other and fill them up at beginner maps that basically made new people completely quit, while the former was made because defaming is only a downvote button that was used back in GMS to defame hackers you pass by while in the Private Server scene its used for harassment, mass defaming, and a lot of drama over a number. Looking back now I think both changes were for the good and nobody really talks about them anymore.

For this case it looks like nobody really mind how it is right now and doesn't feel like it should be changed.

As such, even though this topic is in the general discussion, I feel the discussion is pretty much over since its turning into personal attacks against the unpopular opinion.

So with the continued derailing , personal attacks, and everyone pretty much have given their opinion this thread is now closed.

• Like Like x 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.