1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New player winning a lottery and with no idea what to do now

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Sianojad, May 22, 2017.

1. Sianojad

Sianojad Blue Snail

May 19, 2017
    Male
    6:49 AM
    Sianojad
    So yesterday, to my suprise, after returning monster gachapon ticket a world-wide message appeared that I was quite lucky and obtained chaos scroll which also suddenly brought me some unwanted popularity. After getting messages from few players (thanks to these, who told me not to get swindled and I was not amused that some were quite pushy) I decided that the best way to handle this situation will be to hit alt+f4 and call it a day. As you may expect, I received few offers, starting from few millions and soon they multipied few times.

Now I've decided that it'll be a great opportunity to learn litlle bit more about the MapleStory's market and how to get around it. Bear in mind, that I'm rather new player and never had a need to interact with others. So straight to the points:

1) Well, first of all, that magical always busy place called free market. How do I actually find something that I want to buy? How do I set my own stall?
    2) Is there some kind of auction-house? Where I would put my item for sell and other could bet.
    3) Insted of creating a new price check thread, how much could I wish for that chaos scroll?
    4) Once I will finally sell it, how would you in my place invest it (1st job crossbowman)? I mean, not having to worry about pots as well as getting new crossbow and finally some other parts of equipment will be cool. I was thinking about slowly working towards the HPwashing. I looked through the int equipments and scroll price guides, but I'm sure that I won't be able to afford anything big. Maybe a zakum helmet could be my first big buy, it look quite pretty and I always wanted to have one.
    5) Bit offtopic. I also have a yellow worker gloves. Since they give some int, they are probably worth something, yay or no?

Have a nice day.

• Like Like x 2
  2. xAznAce

xAznAce Master Chronos

May 19, 2017
    Male
    Encounter with Buddha
    Jyugo
    Chief Bandit
    Unworthy
    1) There are items in the Cash Shop to help you find items in the free market (Owl of Minerva) and set up stores as well.
    2) There is no auction house in Maple.
    3) I have no idea, I'm a fellow noob.
    4) I would hold onto most of the money for scrolling later items.
    5) I dropped my Blue WG's so I damn hope they ain't worth much.

Hope I helped atleast a little bit :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    12:49 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    the int gloves are actually the only work gloves worth any sort of money :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    7:49 AM
    Beginner
    Honor
    1) u look thro the whole market and decide if u wanna buy something. If u are looking for a specific item u can use a owl of minerva for 800 cash to look thro the fm 1 time instantly.
    U can buy a shop for 5.9k nx and it stays forever. U look for an empty space (sometimes u will have to go to ch2) and set it up with prices.

2) There' no auction house, but u can write c/o (current offer) of people that offered u and it kinda becomes like it.
    3) probably around the 50-60m atm
    4) imo, dont use your items for int gear. Get up like 80-100 base int and reset it at higher lvls so u can wash. Invest ~10m in 8 att wg, get up clean robe + 10 dex 100% scrolls (u can buy them from npc in the kerning swamp)
    Get up 6/8 dex earrings for around 8-14m

The rest save for future buys and for sustaining your character.

5) ywg are about 1.5m

• Like Like x 1
  5. gurkha

gurkha Horny Mushroom

Apr 14, 2017
    Male
    isreal
    7:49 AM
    Gurkha
    Assassin
    dijbouti
    1. U didnt won the lottery its just a game everyday ppl get chaos.
    2. dont get scared of ppl whispers u, they are just ppl u can ignore them.
    3.you need to choose int gear for washing or damge gear check the hp wash guide. I guess int gear is best for you.
    4. Please nerf gachaa

6. xAznAce

xAznAce Master Chronos

May 19, 2017
    Male
    Encounter with Buddha
    Jyugo
    Chief Bandit
    Unworthy
    Are you drunk? Chaos scroll is one of the rarest item you can get from Gacha.

7. OP
    OP
    Sianojad

Sianojad Blue Snail

May 19, 2017
    Male
    Sianojad
    You know, getting an item that costs 2000x that I've already is like hitting a big prize in lottery IMO.

8. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    12:49 AM
    Centaur & Chaste
    Congrats on the Chaos! To give you a bit of a better idea, I browsed the FM a few times yesterday/this morning and saw sold Chaos at 45m and 47m, and unsold ones at 50m.
    I'll agree with Else; I'd gun for 8 Att WGs, Dex Earrings and get a 10 Dex robe on the side. It'll leave you plenty of money, I'd buy Maple weapons as well (Crossbows are already pretty cheap, stick with mid-tier ones!)
    Good luck c:

• Like Like x 2