1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

2x EXP/Drop events

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Madiba, May 30, 2017.

1. Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    3:45 AM
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    I remember back in GMS there would always be random 2xEXP/DROP events for just 2 or 3 hours at a time. This would be really cool to have even if its just for after server maintenances to compensate players for lost training maps/fm spots.

I get that the server is already 2x exp, but just having these events for a couple hours at a time would give people more incentive to log on and grind/farm. Not saying this should be every day but maybe just once or twice a month or something.

Memories of when people would stack 2x EXP nx cards + 2x EXP event + HS for an OP grind sesh hahaha.

I dont think this suggestion would give certain players an advantage over others in any way since it wouldnt be a frequent thing or a long period of time per event.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  2. CaptainHuang

CaptainHuang Blue Snail

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    1:45 PM
    Mixture
    Assassin
    Animals
    I swear you dont want this to happen. Because usually when this happens, its after rollback =D

• Like Like x 2
  3. BlurryFace

BlurryFace Mixed Golem

Dec 8, 2015
    Female
    Netherlands
    7:45 PM
    Shoo
    Marauder
    GoedVerhaal
    Tbh people are already compensated through gm buffs. I'd like to have a short drop/exp event though, might even motivate me to leave fm for once lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    Gm buffs and GM events as compensation only benefit those who are currently online and are given 10-15mins notice max, furthermore a lot of people miss out on GM buffs and ask to be rebuffed, which can be annoying for players and tedious for GMs.

Having an event that has a notice put up 1 or 2 days in advance on the website and forum as well as an hour prior in-game would be a lot more helpful to all players, not just those who are currently online. This would also motivate people to actually log on.

5. Bulk

Bulk Orange Mushroom

Feb 7, 2017
    Male
    Augurk
    Hero
    Galaxy
    with events the exp gets a little bit higher, and everyone know that upfront :)

6. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    I really dislike the idea of having those. Sure, if there is a rollback it's a good solution to catch up on lost hours. But having them as events is the wrong way to go, forcing players to log in at a certain time, and if you can't be there its very frustrating.

I think having a longer event like the one we had at the anniversary is the better way to go, with small adjustement to the rate. I'd prefer scheduling my own grinding/hunting sessions instead of having them forced at certain hours because of an event.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    To reply to the scheduled GM events part; the problem with pure scheduled events is that people no longer login but only login when they see events announced. Unscheduled GM buffs and unscheduled GM hosted events rewards those that are playing and are loyal to the server.

Yes, there's at times timezone issues, which is why I try do GM buffs (as well as events) for both timezones.

We also have 10~15% bonus through 'major' events which usually last a month, so that also adds to GMS's weekend 2x events.

The problem with big exp changers for a short time (a weekend) is that its very demotivating when its over, since suddenly EXP gaining is much and much slower.

• Like Like x 5
  8. OP
    OP
    Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters

The point of this isnt to satisfy you for your convenience, its not forcing you to do anything but gives you the option to do so if you choose to. If youre able to log on at those times then good for you, if not then bad luck. Its not something that will severely disadvantage you if you cant make it. Its just an incentive for some people to log on and grind or farm if they usually cant be bothered to.

This is something that i thought would be nostalgic and is an alternative for 2x EXP/DROP cards from cash shop (that would ruin the game tbh)

9. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I agree with kim on this one. It ruins all motivation to play when there is no event.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    KimberlyKimberly

I agree with most of what you're saying but don't you think that this is something that might help those who arent as loyal as other become more loyal?
    Surely you can agree that not everyone can be satisfied? If theyre demotivated so easily then they arent loyal players in the first place?

On this note I dont think it would demotivate people to train if its something that happens rarely (1-3 times a month). This is no where near frequent enough for people to rely their training on. Because it is so rarely done, it not only benefits loyal long-term players who look forward to something each month but also the newbies who may become more inclined to stay after experiencing this. Although i think its stupid, there is a reason why high rate servers exist, so it would in some sense satisfy that audience.

11. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    It actually is forcing me to do something. Doubling exp and drop rate is huge, and makes people do things in half the time. So if I can't make it, I have to spend double the amount of time to accomplish what others did.

This is exactly my point. People start living around the events instead of the game.

Also, the server is already 2x exp and drop. Just pretend it's a permanent event and go do your things ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    GangGang how do you live around the event if its once a month? the majority of new players dont even last 1 month before quitting

are you saying youll become so dependent on it that youll only train for 2 hours a month?

13. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I'd say that is a pretty accurate description of the people in my guild.
    They play a few hours every other weekend.

14. OP
    OP
    Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    Again this is just a suggestion, you could do this after a maintenance or you could not. The point is to switch things up a bit, maybe youll have GM buffs and GM JQ events one time, and 2x exp/drop another. You could do it twice a year for all i care!

If thats the case then what difference does it make? if you're already playing once a week then its not gonna demotivate them to play less? Your example isnt even relevant because they dont play often in the first place ChewChew

15. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    Wait, now it's only 2 hours every month? Does that really make people come back for the event? There is no good middle ground to be achieved in this matter. Too little of it and demotivated people will not care. Too many and it will screw over loyal people and actually make them play less, only around events.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    GangGang i suggested this happen 1-3 times a month, for 2 hours at a time. meaning this would probably happen for 2 hours a month.

EXACTLY: THIS MEANS PEOPLE WONT BE DEMOTIVATED BY IT so what harm will it do? loyal players will likely be online at the time anyway, and less frequent players will be motivated to come online (AGAIN: JUST ONCE A MONTH FOR 2 HOURS AT A TIME)

17. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Personally really really dislike this. First of all it puts people who cant log in at certain times at a huge disadvantage. 4x EXP is really really high.
    Second of all, this server has always had the intention to be a hard and difficult server, hence the default 2x rate. If the rate was increased to 4x for 2h I'd be able to get ¬ 280m exp. No thanks. Im personally all for a challenging server, not a 4x one

• Like Like x 6
  18. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    mapleroyals.com

19. OP
    OP
    Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    Number32Number32 But assuming this happens at the very most once a month, if you average this out the difference isnt THAT significant

20. Jelkan

Jelkan Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    10:45 AM
    I hate to be a downer, but I really don't want to see this either.

Edit: I wouldn't mind this kind of thing once in a while for some of the bigger holidays, but definitely not something I care to see happen regularly, even once or twice a month.