1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

don't click. this is a salt bin

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Ramenking, Jun 6, 2017.

Do you think it should be easier to find out prices in the Free Market

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    58.3%
  3. Salt

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Maplelegends communit is salty

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. I can't actually remove these

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. admin abuse removing people's polling questions, that's pollracists

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I'm so dissapointed in how one sided everyone is. and how everyone pins it down to specific things.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    1:02 PM
    Beginner
    Update, pool is now effectively useless, since most of the positive votes have been removed MapleF6

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    People that have their vote removed can re-vote. When a feedback is made, I want only serious poll results, not bambooboys stuff.

3. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I see. I would remove all the votes then, as to not scew the results, if you really really want it to be fair :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. rinnedev

rinnedev Horny Mushroom

Jun 3, 2017
    Male
    6:02 AM
    RlNNEGAN
    Assassin
    The main problem with running around FM looking for prices is that if the item you're looking for is nowhere to be found, you have no idea what to price your item. Even the forums don't have much to offer in price checks. The history would help with that. Waiting isn't always an option for a new player because they might need money for pots and equips for training.

I do agree that making FM web searchable or just searchable with an NPC like WoW's auction house (without spending 700nx per search because new players) is the best option. But as others have said, you can still use that to scam.

5. Hero

Hero Mano

Mar 23, 2017
    Male
    6:02 AM
    Thant
    Hero
    Prime
    I like the fm website better. This method can be easily exploited and make this process inaccurate. I can make another account and buy my own items for a really cheap price 50 times to trick other players and change the market temporary for my own gain.

Having the website would show items in real time rather than past purchases.

6. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    7:02 AM
    Centaur & Chaste
    If you think that people ''scamming'' newer players by buying very low to resell high is bad, then I don't see how a system like this that would be exploited and manipulated in all the ways possible to make profit or buy out certain items looks like a better idea in your eyes.
    As was said earlier, this removes the ''human'' barrier, which is no bueno.
    A web browser where people can post their prices as was suggested the other day seems like a much better/more reasonable system, and even then I still don't think it's necessary.

7. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    I dont beleive its scamming when both sides agree to it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Yeah, I put scamming in quotes because I don't think it is either; It's sharking, which is a douchey thing to do, but definitely not the same thing/something I think should be punishable. The punishment come by itself when you get the reputation of being one and noone wants to trade with you anymore.

9. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    Scamming reminds me of those times in GMS where people would ask you to drop game.

Then suddenly you realize real soon they are hackers, and instantly lose your item due to item vac.
    Or the old old trick of having someone crouch in that kerning map, where you wouldnt be able to see the name/character and the mini map was auto closed.

Good times.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:02 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Look guys, pretty much anything conceivable could be exploited, so again, you got to try and look at the positive and not focus on the negative with laser-precision.

Any kind of FM search function on the website would be helpful. Any statistics we could also provide based on what's been sold at what price and what hasn't been sold would also be helpful.

Is the system perfect? No. Could it potentially get exploited? Yes. But compared to what? Just trusting a completely random stranger with minimal research done, because you haven't got the time to look through 50 FM rooms?

11. shiqin

shiqin Pink Teddy

May 9, 2017
    7:02 PM
    SavageBaron
    Shadower
    Halcyon
    Hi, i going to sing a completely different tune. Personally, i don't think having prices readily available is a good thing. Amazon and target sells the same product for different prices. What happens if people gets the price so easily, those that sell even slightly higher will not be able to sell their stuff. Everyone will be undercutting each other especially for scrolls and having FM1 or door spot is no longer an advantage. If a change needs to be made, i would propose instead to list which sellers are selling the specific items(like the owl but without showing the prices), so that there is still some effort that needs to be made to know the price. If someone is to be scammed, its better they get scammed in maplelegends rather than in real life. Its a good lesson.

12. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    I've seen this too and its pretty nice. The way its done is based on per character, Example:

List of purchased item(x):

Zeretius bought item(x) for (10m) <-- this number is the average price he has purchased the item for, with each item bought afterwards always calculating the average. (9m,10m,11m) avg of (10m)
    List of 50 other players...
    -Zeretius bought item(x) for (9.9m)
    -God bought item(x) for (11.3m)
    -Zero bought item(x) for (9.3m)

This is nice but i don't think it would be a good time investment since merching is nostalgic for some people in v62 and was a huge part of it back then.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    You legit just have to look at the bottom FM's to see a general price. (FM 1 is usually priced a bit higher)

Then you make your judgement on what to price it at.
    If it doesnt sell after a few days, you price it lower etc.

Thats just like the arguement for HP washing.

Just spend a bit more time learning about general prices.

14. Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    9:02 PM
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    Even if this system did work, the result is a perfect market that with perfect information and that all sellers are price takers. So "merching" itself would no longer be possible.

If you want to clear the market of scammers and unfair pricing, I think you need a reality check. Life isn't fair and I think it's great that the maple story market replicates this so well.

If you get "scammed" then bad luck. And on the topic of newbies not having the time to research prices as they need pots or something. We're lucky enough to have a server with such a great community where if you just ask in fm for some mesos or pots, 9/10 times you'll get some sort of help.

• Like Like x 1
  15. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    Best thing you can do is throw out a PSA or on MapleTips such as:

It is your responsibility to selling and buying items, please check to make sure you are satisfied with your trades/purchases/sales.
    It really is buyers/sellers regret.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    LOL, I have a feeling kim is not gonna dig the new poll options MapleF3

• Like Like x 3
  17. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator