1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New here, need advice (and a bit of help)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bowlingballs, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Bowlingballs

Bowlingballs Blue Snail

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:56 AM
    Bowlingballs
    Beginner
    Hi guys,
    After finally being able to download the game (gotta love overprotective anti-virus systems), I am really looking forward to playing on this server!
    My question is, I am looking for a cheap class (I don't give anything about raw power yet, would really need some funds). My guesses from those classes (from earlier experience) are Marksman and Paladin(BWs if I need to). Am I correct in saying that? Otherwise, what is an other cheap class to use?
    Also, a bit of help around the server and stuff is always appreciated (this is my first private server) :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. BlurryFace

BlurryFace Mixed Golem

Dec 8, 2015
    Female
    Netherlands
    Shoo
    Marauder
    GoedVerhaal
    I think pirates are pretty cheap

Welcome!!

3. OP
    OP
    Bowlingballs

Bowlingballs Blue Snail

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    Netherlands
    Bowlingballs
    Beginner
    Hmmm, thought Corsairs could be a bit expensive. If that is a "cheap" option I will gladly go for that :D

4. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    4:56 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
  5. xAznAce

xAznAce Master Chronos

May 19, 2017
    Male
    Encounter with Buddha
    Jyugo
    Chief Bandit
    Unworthy
    Mages and Shadowers are the most expensive classes tho :v

Anyways, Crosbowman, Page and Pirates are what I believe the chespest classes. But then again, I started out as a Bandit unfunded a month ago and I'm doing just fine even though the class is super expensive.

There are many many super kind people who have helped me out with gear etc. You just need to look for them :)

6. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    I think I may have came across my point incorrectly: mages are expensive, but they are the easiest class to make money as well

• Like Like x 3
  7. BlurryFace

BlurryFace Mixed Golem

Dec 8, 2015
    Female
    Netherlands
    Shoo
    Marauder
    GoedVerhaal
    Make a bucc!!!!!!

8. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    What she said.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    What he said

• Like Like x 1
  10. Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    11:56 AM
    Beginner
    Honor
    Chepest? Cleric till higher lvl's when u need potions.

Cheapest to godly gear? Xbowman, Bucc.
    Corsair are a pain to lvl up, but imo fun to play

11. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    Lol.

Okay,

If the question is what's cheapest .. some people have answered it.

The real question should be, "What's the most profitable ?"

Magician > Cleric > Priest > Bishop.

Hands down the easiest, and most money making class naturally though the least amount of money spent on potions and has the easiest time leveling throughout all stages of the game.

If you look at the rankings, there is a reason why all the top players are bishops !

I started off with a bowman .. realized I should have a "Father" Character which funds the rest of my ambitions and so started my cleric.

INT scrolls and magician type equipment IS expensive .. but when you're making stupid money .. what is expensive compared to how much you make becomes irrelevant. .

:) Go with making a Cleric, then do whatever u want after u make free $

12. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    4:56 PM
    Crusader
    I think I did fairly alright with a fighter. From time to time I trained at places that had good drops, or had zero potion cost. Drum bunnies are excellent: I ditched my two-handed sword for a whip and shield and stayed there long enough to finish the 1000-drum quest twice over. They dealt 1 damage to me, and as long as I patiently attacked them one by one, I didn't need to use potions at all. They drop nice stuff too: simulators, a nice variety of weapons, and red whips.

Admittedly, you won't level up as quickly if you grind at such places, but I found it fun to be able to play at a leisurely pace for a change.

But yes, cleric are meso-making monsters.