1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

PQ revamp (GPQ,OPQ)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dumbledore, Jan 29, 2017.

1. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    5:37 PM
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Dear all,

GPQ, along with OPQ (and maybe PPQ) are the Party Quests which are barely played. These PQ`s arent played since they give bad exp (and or not that great rewards).

The list of rewards for GPQ here: http://www.basilmarket.com/Completing-a-Guild-Party-Quest-GPQ-Thread-boDdm-1. The skillbooks are OK, giving high level players incentive to do GPQ, but low level players dont need them, and the other rewards from GPQ arent that great (half of it is junk, and only a 30 seconds bonus, giving a low chance of getting something worthy. Since a GPQ on average takes like one hour to finish, and gives like no exp, and has a low chance of getting some good rewards, almost nobody wants to do GPQ. A change of EXP from GPQ, or change of rewards (for example, delete junk and add some 30/70% scrolls), will give people more incentive to do GPQ I think.

OpQ is another PQ which needs a change. Where LPQ has broken glasses as a reward, OPQ has a shitty glove as reward. This glove is nostalgia, but nobody will ever get to it since OPQ isnt played. The other rewards from OPQ, and exp from OPQ, dont give players incentive to play OPQ (Training at monsters gives more exp than OPQ). An exp boost might help to get more people to do OPQ.

These are just my ideas about how to change PQs so that it will give players incentive to do them. Something has to be changed about these PQs for sure. There might be other things which help PQ as well (letting the NPC smega every X-minutes for example).

• Like Like x 6
  2. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Eh, get some experience on it and eventually it wont take you >25min, unless you fuck up 1st stage. Boss doesn't have too much exp (Nightlords don't have to hit the statues in front of the boss if they position themselves correctly) and for the other stages you dont really need high levels, so that shouldn't be the problem either.
    Regardless I do agree that the rewards are utter garbage. Shame tbh since it was a lot of fun competing for that #1 rank in GPQ once they fixed it and a lot of guilds were doing it.
    AEON BOYS

• Like Like x 9
  3. Pieter

Pieter Slimy

Aug 3, 2015
    Male
    Pieter
    Marksman
    Demure
    In my oppinion fck the rewards in gpq
    The struggle/troll is more fun than a few mill
    and like said above doesnt take that long if you play it right.
    We #1

4. Jamie

Jamie Cookie Monster Retired Staff

Nov 11, 2016
    11:37 AM
    I agree with changing the rewards for more incentive to do these PQs since it's such a shame no one ever wants to do them as they are right now. Part of the fun of Maple was the variety of PQs, but since we aren't the biggest server a lot of them are deserted. MapleF4

5. 3DegreeChill

3DegreeChill Master Chronos

Apr 18, 2015
    10:37 AM
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    the problem isnt the pqs itself. its the population, its 100~ rn but im betting 90% are over 100+ so it makes pq dead zones. this is actually a pretty big problem since new players arent gonna find this server fun if being a noob sucks hard and pqs are dead. opq was great and populated back in summer 2015 even if there were no clerics since they went to gs2. you cant really fix pqs rn if no ones there to use them anyways :/

• Like Like x 1
  6. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    ahem

7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:37 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    lol my cleric slaved away like mad at OPQ trying to get that mythical 9th page.

8. 3DegreeChill

3DegreeChill Master Chronos

Apr 18, 2015
    10:37 AM
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    uhh the only cleric i ever saw opqing from 50-70 on my assassin was once by magespark who was there just for the lulz since she was 70 and she wanted to try it for once.

9. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    We have the popularity now, so that excuse is out of the way.

We need to make these PQs worth doing, anyone got any suggestions?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nostalgia

Nostalgia Orange Mushroom

Mar 22, 2015
    Male
    8:37 AM
    Nostalgia
    Crossbowman
    I totally agree with this though when I was between those levels I was always able to find an OPQ group because there was people actually doing it, I leveled to 71 using it. OG group Babo, Magespark, JackSparrow, cmpunk lmao. But now people mostly around those levels just flock over to LMPQ all day cause more exp and rewards at a faster rate, I think making the exp better in OPQ or a better reward for it should give a reason for people to actually do it.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    In regards of GPQ, I think black sack being removed from the bonus stage is a bummer. Even if you did not like what the item did, it still sold for 10-15 m if my memory serves me right. I think it needs a replacement so people can look forward to opening the boxes and have a good item available in there.

Now what this new item could be.. I'm not sure. My first thought was a chaos scroll, but make it 2x - 3x as rare as a black sack. There might be better options. I haven't been able to think of a 100% perfect replacement. But I certainly think its a good step in making GPQ a bit more popular again.

12. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Howd you feel about the boss dropping untradeable AP resets?
    Everyone want more HP. And it would not directly influence the market.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    why do you forgot meeeeeee FoxF4

14. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    That's a very interesting suggestion! However, some people might not value AP resets as highly as others. Making them tradable doesn't seem gamebreaking to me, and it also gives you some mesos if you don't care about HP washing.

I think they would be valued around the same price as black sacks, so it would be a good replacement.

15. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Tradable AP resets is not possible without full nx tradable client edits, which I am not planning to do.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    So untradeable AP resets is possible?
    If the end boss of these PQs gave 0~3 untradeable player specific AP reset drops, I'm sure people would actually start playing them :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Yes, untradable AP resets is technically possible.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    I'd much rather see one or more valuable items added to the GPQ bonus stage since AP resets can't be tradable. Just GPQ'ing to farm AP resets seems weird to me. Also loses value when people no longer need them or never use them in the first place.

Perhaps some gacha exclusive items could be added to the bonus, making them obtainable in some way in game.

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:37 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    OPQ is easy. Just take out all the trash rewards and actually give good stuff. Reduce the number of feather of goddess you need and make the glove actually good.

GPQ is a more interesting matter. If it dropped AP resets, it really shouldn't do it that often. Another thing that comes to mind is skill books. Some skill books can only be obtained from GPQ... but what about skill books that drop from zakum by a rare chance and HT by an extremely rare chance?

At least that might rock the boat a little.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    11:37 AM
    Centaur & Chaste
    I'd actually love a slight change to the GPQ rewards.
    Our guild ran it a bunch of times, but it was mostly for fun/as a team bonding exercise; we knew we'd get nothing worthwhile out of it. Adding some slightly better incentive to run it via better rewards (And maybe a slight extension to the time limit of the Bonus? 30s always felt awfully short, especially when it takes some time to load in.), especially with Black Sacks not being a thing anymore, would be a very nice addition for a PQ that's barely ever done right now.