1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Kill Counter UPDATED

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zombotrox, Jun 24, 2017.

Would you want a kill counter through quest helper? (Only possible way a kill counter can be made)

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    8:27 PM
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    Previous poll results
    [​IMG]
    Backstory and arguments to the new suggestion's "issues"

To go straight to the new suggestion, scroll down.

Previous thread

Hello, everyone.

For some of you who don't know, I already suggested a kill counter on a different thread where mobs we killed would get recorded if we were to use a command. This command is mainly targeted towards people who farm for items where I thought it was a good idea to have a kill counter to have a precise idea of how many mobs needed to be killed to get a certain item. The problem with this is stated by Kimberly here:

I had an idea for a new suggestion which included making custom quests and using quest helper as, pretty much, a kill counter. Kimberly's response for that is here:

I mentioned how a lot of people don't use the available tab and if they did, they don't normally scroll all the way to the bottom so for it to be there would not be an issue as the tab for these quests would be at the very bottom, and if it did bother the person, they could just minimize the tab. I'm sure there'd be a way to make it so the tab doesn't exist regardless. Having them added to a custom NPC (which you'd use a command to contact) would be one of the only ways for this to work and the NPC being an NPC shouldn't be an issue as it is just working in the first suggested command's place.

New Suggestion

This suggestion is geared towards people who farm for items and would want to get an idea of how many of [x] mobs they'd have to kill to get a certain item.

The new suggestion is we would use quest helper as a kill counter through custom quests that give no rewards and are accepted from an NPC that is contacted through a command. How this would work is you would accept a quest for a mob you would like to track (in this example, Drakes). The quests would not have all mobs in the game and would only have popularly requested mobs and mobs that are popularly farmed for items. A quest dedicated to Drakes would count 99,999 Drakes and the rest is simple. Every time you kill a Drake, it would count through quest helper. This would help me get an idea of how many Drakes I'd have to kill to get a Helmet INT 60 scroll after keeping track of the kills multiple times.

Some quests themselves are a kill counter and implementing this should not be a problem. Kimberly has stated this:

Kimberly's against this, but I want to know what you, the community, thinks. There have already been so much positive feedback and maybe if we can push it and push it, Kim will change her mind seeing how so many people want this to happen. So many of you have already supported the first kill counter idea I have presented. I beg of you to support this one.

Please vote in the poll. Your vote now is more important than ever, especially since Kimberly is against this idea. Even if she never changes her mind, I want to know what you guys think.

Thank you and Happy Mapling!~

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    12:27 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Huh, to see how many drops it takes to drop a certain item?

Rare items can drop after either 3 mobs kill or either 31342

It's random depending on the chance percentage

3. flashblaize

flashblaize Chronos

Feb 25, 2017
    Male
    Germany
    8:27 AM
    promisQ
    F/P Arch Mage
    If you have killed 99,999 drakes you turn the quest in? And it counts as a completed quest? Thos quest-ranking guys wont be happy. Even tho, if Kim says no, it is a no. Wont ever happen.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    Could make it so that the quest can't be turned in and can only be reset by forfeiting.

5. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    I also don't care if it's a guaranteed no. Any discussion on here will be noted and possibly used in future discussions of this topic on other server's forums who may be considerate of adding this while also seeing and acknowledging the support for it rather than choosing to ignore it because "I SAID SO!".

6. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    9:27 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    You make good points but I have to agree that it's a relatively small and not-too-necessary idea to fight so much for. If it's feasible and convinient, sure I'd be happy. But if it's a bit tricky to implement cleanly, then no, I don't care if we don't have it. Plus, you already have a lot of quests that count your kills- green mushroom, horny mushroom, etc.

If you're really determined to find out your grind count, my idea is that you grind in one place for a certain amount of time and note your starting and ending exp, and then divide the difference by the amount of exp the monster gives. Since exp from a monster is consistent, this could work so long as you don't do anything else in between or kill any other mob. :)

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    This will likely be the solution since this more than likely won't be implemented no matter how much support it gets. Good suggestion.

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:27 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Please don't clutter up the quest window...

It should be a lot easier to have a kill counter thing just as statistics for your character/account that the server keeps track of...

9. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    Pretty sure it doesn't have to pop up on the quest window and can be coded not to. Either way, at this point, this seems to be easier than anything else if they were considering to make a kill counter in the game, but honestly, the way everything is, no matter how much it's suggested, even if not through quest helper, a kill counter seems to be one of those things that just won't happen since the staff are likely not willing enough to make one.