1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Maintenance - July 14th, 2017

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Poofcakes, Jul 13, 2017.

1. woops2

woops2 Slime

Jun 14, 2015
    Male
    Kerning City
    7:42 PM
    Dagger
    Bandit
    I think most people would spend their Nx on gach if they were refunded and cause mass inflation. I can see why people that have washed are angry though. They still have to think about the server as a whole since the massive population boom would have inevitably changed a few things. It is a really shitty thing to go back on loyal members but at the same time the staff shouldn't have to bend their backs over for them. At the same time, reducing Ap resets would make reaching end gamer status easier to achieve which might hurt in the long run. And to go back again, not everyone is going to AP reset or have the mesos right now to get the int gear.

Either way, the decision should be postponed if it is causing discomfort in the community.

+1 for quest to get AP resets

Maybe the Legends team could make a custom jump quest PQ sort of thing that would require lower levels and higher levels to work together. For example, the lower levels would have a more jumping part that ends in a quiz whose answer gets revealed when the higher levels finish killing monsters in their stage. Or its a small map with monsters that could easily kill the lower levels in one hit while the the higher levels have to try their best to keep their younglings alive to finish the pq.idk just spitballing ideas

• Like Like x 2
  2. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    4:42 PM
    So you're saying it was hell... but don't want it to become any easier, at all? The quest/hunting for resets is an interesting idea, but it'd have to be executed really well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. potatoeman

potatoeman Red Snail

Jul 13, 2017
    Male
    7:42 AM
    Hey can I get some likes too I dont agree either 4Head

• Like Like x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    1:42 AM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Most of us are happy with the Hell that other ppl see here. we don't like easy. And yeah, the event would be more rewarding than a sudden price reduction because it will force ppl to be active (which i dont see that as a bad thing, if you thing the game is fun, its not a problem, right?) And maybe delaying it until things get clearer will be better, its so sudden imo too

• Like Like x 1
  5. DesuYo

DesuYo Mano

May 26, 2017
    Female
    As excited as I am to take advantage of the new prices, I can't really say I wholeheartedly agree with this decision. The main problem with how HP washing works on Legends is that it's w2w (wait to win). Players have zero options to work towards their HP washing goals faster through gameplay, they are instead forced to wait the amount of time necessary to vote for the AP resets they need. By simply reducing the price of these AP resets, the awful w2w aspect is still present, you've just reduced the amount of time we have to wait. Not only does this fail to fix the fundamental problem with HP washing, but it also angers and upsets veterans who have spent stupid amounts of time buying AP resets for 3100NX.

IMO, keep the price of AP resets the same, but allow us to work towards our HP washing goals faster through gameplay. You could make them drop like hunting gach tickets, and then perhaps allow those hunting AP resets to be traded, or maybe make AP resets a reward for one of the dead PQs like OPQ. These are just a few loose suggestions off the top of my head, there are many ways that it could be done, but the main point that I hope everyone can agree on is that w2w is bad and that we should be able to speed up the HP washing process by playing the game.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    2:42 AM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    I dont want it to be one sided that you just reduce the waiting time...
    Its hard maybe too hard but this server is here for 2 years now so you cant just ignore the original player base

• Like Like x 1
  7. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    8:42 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    I would like to add that if this change goes through you will eventually see DKs pushed out of bossing as they will become much less useful, everyone would rather bring another NL so that zak/ht/w.e. boss would die faster, why have a dk when you can wash to 10k hp so easily?
    The current washing system and price of ap resets is fine as it is, making a good bossing character SHOULD take time, you know what you do with that time? You prepare int gear, you prepare your attacker's gear as well and you make mesos in preparation. You do not need to wait to play when you are washing, if you have no gear at all, you are just a shitty 2k range NL no matter how washed you are.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    I'm all for a quest/hunting system for them, but please no.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    2:42 AM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    Daddy they wanna make me even more useless :C

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. potatoeman

potatoeman Red Snail

Jul 13, 2017
    Male
    Even a potatoe man can see that this is a giant middle finger to the people who stayed true to the server when it was at the 40 ppl online peak. The people who stayed when shit got rough, when not even the first 4 FM rooms would be filled. Its not a great thank you Kim

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    ..but a DrK outdamages a NL at bosses with equal gear as long as there's 2 or more targets. Even if HB would be less needed they'd still be a great addition to any HT run.

12. potatoeman

potatoeman Red Snail

Jul 13, 2017
    Male
    Disagree, Heroes exist :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    12:42 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Dps isn't the issue here, the issue would be making a classes signature party skill effectively useless at most bosses. AP resets are a really touchy thing to mess with, especially on a server this big.
    Changing them after such a lengthy time is never a good idea. The fact that this change was dropped on older players so casually is kind of worrying..

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dyna

Dyna Horny Mushroom

Oct 9, 2015
    Behind you, watching your every move
    Dyna
    Bishop
    Demure
    The BambooBoys HP washed like real men MapleF1 None of this pussy shit.
    #NeverForget

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    You do know the dps difference is very small right? Add in SI and SE and DrK can even outdamage hero.

16. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    Yeah I don't deny it's a shame that party skills will be less needed but to take it as far as making them out to be borderline useless if HB isn't a requirement is laughable.

17. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    12:42 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I mean if their main party skill is borderline useless. It automatically puts a debuff on the class which will turn new players away from playing it.
    There is actually no upside to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ed

Ed Mano

Jan 8, 2017
    Male
    4:42 PM
    WhollyCymbal, SpearheadEd
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Demure
    As someone who only started playing ~9 months ago, I don't really fully identify with the "new" or "old" crowd. I think this change is interesting but has the potential to radically change how this server functions and its general purpose. I'll do my best to try and be impartial with this analysis, but I do obviously have an opinion on the matter as well.

The main reason I chose to start playing Legends is because a good friend suggested we play together. The main reason I STAYED on Legends is because I really did find it stuck to its purported mission statement, to be like "Old-School MapleStory." Legends did (and still does) give me all sorts of great nostalgia over struggling at earlier levels, grinding and questing for potion money, and making job advancements. When I started (first character DK) I hadn't the faintest idea of what HP washing was, so I made no effort to do so. Yet I was satisfied with the experience I had at the time, meeting new friends and playing the game as I had played back in GMS. However, once I found out the potential of HP washing, I ended up remaking my DK to achieve 30k HP.

Did this process take a long time? Yes, it did. Did it take some effort on my part to remember to vote every day? Yes, it did. Did I have to annoy friends for INT equips every time I was about to level? You bet. In fact, I did not have any NX equips or a pet until I reached past level 100 because I wanted to save up as much as I could. And when I finished and finally reached 30k HP (with HB, granted) after ~150 washes, I actually felt some sense of accomplishment for the work I had put in. It may sound strange to feel that over a game, but it is what it is. I had to wait for what I got, and my gratification was delayed, and for that reason I felt even more satisfaction. This process kept me engaged (imagine how you felt in GMS when you finally found that Nependeath Honey for the Bone Helm) as if it were a long quest.

Now obviously as a DrK I have a great amount of utility currently in giving HB to others during boss runs (insert HB mule joke here, hah). And it is pretty apparent that I do stand to lose some usefulness if more and more players do not require HB. Let me stress, I do not have a problem with this. It has no bearing whatsoever on how I feel about these changes. I understand that times change, and that we choose how we respond. However, this does not imply that all changes will be beneficial.

After having gone on my fair share of both Zakum and HT runs, one of the best parts of Maple is that different jobs truly do have different jobs when it comes to bossing (sorry Mages). NL and Corsair do a ton of damage. Bowmen provide SE. Bishops provide HS and Resurrection. Drk provide HB. There are many reasons to choose one specific job, but bossing is not an insignificant factor in that decision. This change adversely affects certain classes and not others. In fact, it could be said that it benefits certain classes (namely, DPS classes) at the cost of others (Bishop, DrK).

One point that I don't think has been brought up yet is that by making AP resets much cheaper, you are actually making HP washing even more necessary than it is now. At the moment you have a choice to either wash or spend vote NX on Gach/Equips/etc. Washing, as many have already stated, is a choice. Those who wash reap the benefits of increased survival at bosses. However, one potential consequence of more and more individuals washing at lowered prices is that it ceases to become a choice. Because it is so inexpensive to do so, people will expect you to be washed (the new normal), and not washing will be an unattractive option.

I want to close with this: one of the best parts about this server is that people who spend time and effort on their characters are (usually) rewarded with better results. Whether it is skimming the FM every day to merch and make mesos, or grinding longer hours to level, or selling leech to fund yourself, or saving vote NX for three months so you have a better chance to survive at Zakum and HT, there is stratification. There exists the sense that for the majority of players, the more work you put into your character (levels, equips, washing), the better it will turn out. Certain people enjoy this aspect of the game. And at the same time, there are players who could not care less about this part of the game and enjoy other aspects, such as making friends and hanging out in the FM. Of course, most are somewhere in between, but the point is that this change may take away from some of the aforementioned rewards.

tl;dr - Legends is a server apart from its peers because it retains many of Maple's nostalgic features. This is not a bad thing. This is what sets it apart from others.

Comments and discourse are, of course, welcomed.

• Agree x 5
    • Friendly x 5
    • Great Work x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
  19. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    #DrkLivesMatter DulceDulce

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    DrK should if anything be one of the best classes to start with as a new player. HB is a LONG way from being rendered useless (I don't think it'll be for the vast majority of players) and they're pretty much the only class in game you can start as unfunded and still wash to 30k due to how few washes they need and how easy warriors are to wash.

Seems a pretty good deal to me.