1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Golden Gach Tickets: A new way to obtain AP Resets

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Piety, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    10:45 AM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    I think is because at this point, given the idea by the Staff, ppl looks for the need of getting what it got removed (even without geting implemented at all). So, considering it's going to happen at some point, we are trying to find the less harmful way to deal with it. This only accelerates a little the process of washing, and also in case you get lucky. It might look faster than daily quests for them, but in my case there are days that i dont get a single hunting gacha, so this will reward it without being to hardcore (maybe, idk, i needs a lot of polish yet as an idea).

I also prefer it with no change, i like the current price and i didnt even considered a change at all, but if its going to happen, i prefer it the way is less harmful for the community that like me, likes the hard/tedious things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    4:45 AM
    Centaur & Chaste
    To add to what Krauser said,
    The idea behind the suggestion was definitely not to stomp out the need for Vote NX AP Resets; if you saw the reactions to the price reduction earlier, it was mostly negative. The point is that you should still rely on it, but that you could get some extra resets to alleviate the cost of the hundreds of thousands of vote NX you'll need to finish your wash; that there was some way to find a bit more if you actually played with your character and put effort into it (Instead of just slashing the cost in the cash shop and basically giving 100Ks of NX to washers)

3. Hypro

Hypro Blue Snail

Jan 22, 2017
    Male
    3:45 AM
    Hypro
    Thief
    Beholden
    Instead of adding a whole new gachapon ticket and trying to balance out the rates, why not just leave hunting gachapon tickets as they are and allow them to be traded for an AP reset OR used regularly?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Well, first, It's much less exciting.
    Also because a 1:1 exchange of Hunting tickets for AP Resets would probably be way too many tickets. If you're unlucky you can get 0 tickets during your night, but sometimes you'll get 3 within one hour. As I mentioned earlier, even if it would be multiple tickets for a AP Reset, It's the kind of thing that, for a player, just feels bad in general. It's not nearly as satisfactory than to trade the rarer coupon for a AP reset.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    They are too rare to matter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    Could also work. Let users just use them as usual over at gachapon or trade 2 in for 1 reset would seem reasonable imo.

7. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I'd have 10 resets from the 3 months, I've been playing. That wouldn't help much..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    Doesnt sound like you've been playing a lot if you've only gotten 20 gach tickets in 3 months. Hard to estimate drop rates as it's a bit streaky but I probably got 3x that from 1-120 on my I/L. It's definitely something.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I don't know man. I've done 500 quest in that time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:45 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    If you only do quests, then don't complain about drop rate for hunting tix, it's your own fault you choose to quest instead of grind. Not saying anything is wrong with questing but don't complain about the droprate when you don't grind hard enough to experience it well for yourself.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    I think that this suggestion is definitely more geared towards people who are actively hunting/grinding; questing doesn't seem like the best source of Hunting tickets in general; I wouldn't really expect a character in the process of being HP washed to be aiming for the top of the questing ladderboards :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Boyco

Boyco King Slime

Apr 24, 2017
    Male
    3:45 AM
    I like this. Why not make all hunting gacha tickets golden. This way, 100% of the tickets can be exchanged for AP resets, lowering the gacha influx without making AP resets super-easy to obtain.

13. OP
    OP
    Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    I do believe that, balance-wise, making Hunting tickets at their current drop rate a 1:1 exchange for AP resets might be way too much and let people farm them too easily, which is why I suggested this second type of ticket.

14. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Well, you couldnt possibly know since your not a quester :) but some quest require killing bosses and strong monsters. Doing this as a weaker class can require hp washing.

GranbergGranberg knows this struggle all too well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Im a quester myself and maybe, the quests than you can get more hunting gacha are the ones at the ToT (that require to kill you 999 mobs) and maybe also the zombie lupin ones for the dolls, or the ones at Omega sector. The rest maybe are harder to compare with an intensive sesion of grinding, but probably because you are focusing on other stuff.

Maybe the fact we are moving a lot while doing quests makes it look like an intense hunting at some points, but even that, it kinda relies on the luck you had on the drops. There were times i didnt got any ticket in some time, and other days i got up to 3 tickets one day.

(and yeah, i agree on the huge bosses quests, they are a pain sometimes, but fun -.- XD)

16. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I agree, the tot hunting quests would be a nice place to start, getting a AP reset from killing 999 of them seems fair.

• Like Like x 1
  17. StGermain

StGermain Slime

Mar 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    I like the positive effort but having to hunt for an AP reset is kind of silly.

AP resets were initially designed for people who made mistakes with their build. They were intended to be there for purchase, not as some bonus way to enhance your hero by finding loopholes in their system.

I think you should take washing away completely since it isn't even a legit game mechanic but an exploit. It takes away from the legitimacy of having to achieve a high level in order to boss safely.

If people want to wash, thats their choice but they should have to pay for it, with time and dedication. Hunting tickets is just .. -.-

I say raise the price of it since people are choosing to exploit. People want the easy way to buff their heroes, should be balanced by making it harder for em.

Should be equal to the amount of effort they put into leveling instead of farming NX.

Whats point of hunting for gacha if you're going to lvl up and increase your HP naturally ? I thought the point of washing was to be as low lvl as possible and be as buff as possible. Hunting would almost defeat the purpose of what people are trying to achieve lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  19. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    Thing is Neckson/Wizet started to design some end game bosses such as HT and PB to deal more damage than most players could be able to handle. Clearly Neckson left the bug (or didn't bother patching it, been known about since 3rd job) in there purposely for an easy cash grab.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Although AP Resets were originally intended to fix mistakes and things of the sort as you say, the loophole was found, and was kept in the game by Neckson for a very, very long time since they realized they could just get easy money from the more dedicated players. In the end, even though it was not as widely available as it is right now, washing was part of the original/nostalgic MS, so I doubt just taking it away/removing it is going to be considered. It would require some major changes to be done to damage or HP formulas so that players may survive bosses like HT at a level that isn't ridiculous, which is not something I think the server's staff intends to do.

To get hunting tickets, you need time and dedication in the first place. You need to be actively training/grinding. Adding some small buffs to the ways of obtaining resets (As we've already seen with the Anniversary's Cody quest, or the new trade in for 60 pearls from the summer event) is a fine (and respectful way to the older players who spent ridiculous amount of times on their washes) way to do this.

Yeah, an increase in price is proooobably not happening, since it's contrary to what like 98% of the players here want (Seems people either want it to be kept as is, get a reduction in price or have a new way to get tickets introduced). Instead of having the server's veterans up in arms about the staff making it too easy for the newer players and etc... You'd have all the newer players saying the veterans had an easy ride to wash their characters. That would blow up pretty quick MapleF3
    I'm not sure what you mean in the last line, but people have to somehow grind (or get leeched) if you want to reach bossing levels anyway, so you're bound to get tickets one way or another. Having 70-80 INT doesn't make a character completely useless until It's washed out, y'know.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1