1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

This hurts to see.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aero, Jul 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    10:28 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Before any of MapleLegends newer players read this, please understand that this is an opinion of someone who has cared enough about this server to dedicated over 2 years into it. This post is made out of kindness, this is not to slander anyone but hopefully remind them of what their server once felt like to players.

Taking part in MapleLegends since day 1, watching it grow from a small 40 player-base server into a huge server with over 1,000 players has been a great experience for me. It shows the potential that any server can have with the correct developers & mentality.

My issue is how legends obtained this of recent & how they seem to be going about their decisions to grow, instead of maintaining their old goals, love for the game & purpose. Here is a list of a few goals legends had back in the day, I'll also include how I feel it has changed of recent.

I'll start this off with a quote that comes to mind from the first few months of the server.
    "I would rather a server with 50 players that share my goals, than a huge server like Royals who has players who don't really care". - Kimberly 2015.

• To be the most respected Maplestory Private server.
    To be the biggest no matter the cost or who we upset along the way.
    • To have a nostalgic experience, not just low rates with higher content.
    Exp is low, we'll add & edit our old content if it keeps our newer players happy.
    • Legends will respect & keep a tight hold of the players that helped it become what it is today.
    We'll not consider them much & only take back our decisions when & only when they get upset about it.
    • (Censorship)Players will always have a say & know whats happening, everyone has an opinion & it will be heard.
    If we don't like the opinion or the view on what is happening here, we will remove certain parts & ignore / pretend it never happened.

Watching this drama unfold in such a disgusting way is something I hoped Legends would never have to go through as it had solid goals with solid players backing it. I understand that the server constantly changed from a 80-300 one throughout its life, but was that really that bad? You had players who cared crazy amounts for your server, they enjoyed every last part of it. I'm all for bringing in new players, just don't let it change your original goals. It was those goals that brought you the loyal players you have today. Please don't abandon them or the real MapleLegends.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    3:28 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Meredyth

Meredyth Mano

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    Berlin
    11:28 PM
    Meredyth
    Assassin
    OnDrugs
    Even as a fairly new player, I am sympathetic with your overall sentiment -- and, of course, with the fact that you care enough about the server that you actually take your time for such a post.
    However, the fact that you don't name any details makes it hard to agree or disagree with you. What exactly are you referring to when saying that you are "watching this drama unfold in such a disgusting way"? I am sure that many of the reasons you have in mind are things that other players would applaud rather than criticise. So what, specifically, are the causes for your concerns? The AP reset thing?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:28 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    It does seem lately like the server shifted to pleasing the random majority than caring about the dedicated minority. It doesn't feel right that the loyal players who have played the server for 1-2 years are being considered less important to the server than the new ones joining when it is those players who conformed the essence of Legends and actually played it when it had its original goals. It feels like the mission and vision of Legends have completely changed when they are supposed to be the core of the server and remain throughout time.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    The AP reset situation, the way it was handled, not discussed & the disrespect older player have received through it. I figured it was better to get this in the bud before it spread to future situations. Legends has had a few situations like this prior to the massive increase of new players. Kim has always lacked "Spine" and I mean that in the kindest of ways, she is a kind hearted person who wants to please everyone, which is another reason for this thread. I don't want her or the staff team breaking under the pressure. If anything at most it is a reminder of what they have & what they should not lose.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    3:28 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    It's been rough these past few months tbh.. but meh, we can push through, or atleast that's what I think.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I agree, Legends has pushed through things before, but the question you should be asking is; "Why should we have to push through it?". The answer is, you shouldn't.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Meredyth

Meredyth Mano

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    Berlin
    Meredyth
    Assassin
    OnDrugs
    I agree with that the AP reset situation should have been discussed with the community before, and I, too, think that lowering the price of AP resets might not be a good idea -- although for reasons other than that the elder player base will have had it harder than newer players. The problem is that whenever the developers remove something they deem not 'difficult' but simply 'tedious' (and while it's questionable what exactly is tedious and what isn't, removing tedious elements is probably a good idea in general), older players will have had a harder time than newcomers. Let's say, for example, the devs decided to get rid of mandatory boat rides: in this case, older players could say "Hey, I had to spend loads of time on boats which could have been spent on killing mobs! New players will have a much better ratio of time spent vs. exp (and mesos) gained! I should be refunded!" This is an issue in general: Whenever an issue of the game is removed, people can say "But *I* had to live with it!" Going down this route of thought, we should either refrain from game improvements in general (apart from maybe typos) or think of some kind of refund for all old players. But even then, you are confronted with questions like "Who deserves the name 'old player' and is thus eligible for a refund? And what kind of refund? ...".
    This is why I generally agree with the position which I assume to be the developers': "Instead of retroactively compensating each player for having to deal with an issue that players won't have to deal with anymore every single time we make an improvement to the game, older players will sadly just have to deal with it in most cases." As hard as it sounds: As the server continues to be improved, older players will have been at a disadvantage.

However, I concede that it's obviously up for discussion what is actually an improvement and what isn't. This is why I wholeheartedly agree with you that the server should keep in mind what makes it great: for example, nostalgia and a good, transparent and fair communication with the player base. Reducing the price of AP resets should have been discussed publicly, and I'm not sure that reducing the effort of HP washing (and thus making it potentially (?) more prevalent and expected from others) won't have a negative effect on nostalgia and lighthearted (as in: not compulsively efficiency-driven) fun. (This is also why I personally hope that mandatory boat rides will never be removed -- not because of respect for older players, I'm afraid.)

Darn, this reply turned out way longer than expected. English is not my first language so it's not easy to put my thoughts into brief terms. So yeah, I generally agree with your motivation and am thankful for your reminder of this server's core values. Communities need 'pep talks' like that. And I'm glad that your post gives us an opportunity to sort out in what kind of direction we, as a community, would like to go with the server.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Joy

Joy Capt. Latanica

Jun 17, 2015
    Female
    Toronto
    5:28 PM
    Deku
    Shadower
    Demure
    LOL WHAT KIND OF JOKE IS THIS. NICE THREAD UNLOCK

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    What hurts me to see is that the people that are the longest here are the ones that are the least constructive on their feedback and try reach my point by memeing and shit posting

What hurts me to see is that people that were MIA for months not playing at all suddenly start post here when they are closing at creating a new v83 server and or became a staff member there, to try create chaos at MapleLegends

What hurts me to see is that when I already made 3 posts regarding my view, as well as a sticky that really puts my views about the server it still get completely ignored and instead claims get made that I do it for the new users, rather because my views overall changed.

What hurts me to see is how fake some people are in regarding their opinion; are afraid their friends will hate them and instead bandwagon instead.

At end of day what hurt me most is that its already very frustrating that we are much less stable than we are used to be, and are under DDoS attacks and instead of the suppose loyal old users supporting us they start shitpost about our stability and how many maintenances we have lately. Great support*

This thread is now closed. I am moving forward and if you don't like the direction the server is going to, feel free to make constructive feedback about it.

Thread closed.

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Great Work x 1
    • Creative x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    KimberlyKimberly Legends inspired me to make my own server, the fact I'm here trying to stop you from making you're constant mistakes over and over shows how dedicated I am to your server, the fact you also took this shot at me for making my own project is ridiculous. You cannot take criticism. This thread was meant to HELP you, only you cannot see this.

• Disagree x 12
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.