1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

CWKPQ

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by SwordArt, Jul 15, 2017.

Pick one.

1. Released with these changes.

33 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Released as it was originally.

75 vote(s)
    56.8%
  3. Released as harder than Horntail.

20 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Not released at all.

4 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    8:50 PM
    Paladin
    Hi,
    CWKPQ in my opinion, would be a big motivation to players and i'd like to see it released, if possible, in the next big patch because it encourages people to make friends and join guilds and cooperate with others for an end game reward or just a great experience. BUT, looking at old videos and comparing them to us, I think it would be too easy. I'm not talking about Stages 1-5 because I think those are fine. Stage 6, the boss fights at the end, are not much of a challenge. Why? Well because the Mage boss you kill first spawns on an entire different section from the others so you kill her off first, and she only has 200mil hp which is pretty much the same as killing all 8 of Zakums arms. Yes she does have that deadly zombify ability but other than that she's nothing. While this is happening, the other 3 bosses are just waddling away minding their own fuckin business not attacking anyone. The Thief boss is the same as the mage, not so strong attacks and easy to kill. The only challenge is the Warrior boss and Archer who stun/knock-back and 1/1 not so often along with a couple other attacks. The hardest I've seen them hit for was a whopping 2.7k which is potato. The total of all these bosses HP is about 919mil, it sounds like a lot but if you just get warriors to rush the other bosses into the corner and take them 1 or even 2 at a time you'll be fine. We need to make sure Legends stays difficult.

Changes:
    NOTE THIS IS A SUGGESTION OF HOW I THINK THIS SHOULD BE TO MAKE IT HARDER.

1. Upgrade all the magic and weapon attacks to about the same as horntail if not then slightly less. I would say to make it way more but because not everyone is washed like crazy, making them as strong as Horntail sounds fair to me.
    2. Upgrade their Health. I'd like to see all of their health to at least 300mil each. I think this would be a fair amount seeing as their is a time limit. From what i've researched the time limit was 1hour and 30minutes, I also think that should be lowered to 1hour to really put on the pressure.
    3. Make their special attacks more frequent. By special attacks I mean their 1/1's, stuns, knock backs and such. Another thing to add to raid pressure, since you'll pretty much be killing three bosses at the bottom since the Mage spawns on top.
    4. Make them aggro the second they are spawned. I doubt this one is possible but if they could attack the party the second they spawned that would be fantastic, in the videos I watched they just stood in the corner until attacked by the party. I know in Scarlion his aggro is mainly on the ranged players for some reason but we are still able to rush him (sometimes) so pinning shouldn't be a huge deal. And I know in Horntail (idk if its like this anymore) you could just not attack the 3 heads and arms at the start and they won't attack you.
    5. Bonus stage. this will probably be brought up in the comments but I think the bonus stage rewards are fine but I don't know how Kimberly will feel about those sick capes that drop.

Conclusion:
    I really don't know if any of this is possible but it's just something I've been thinking about for a bit. This, in my opinion would keep Legends difficult instead of having an easy mode boss with an amazing pendant which I don't think should be nerfed. Horntail won't be ignored because he still drops books like mw20/TT30/Zerk30 so he will still be killed. More people would get that nostalgia feel of being in a raid of at least 10 people and working together to achieve the same goal. With these pendants and teamwork abilities we could then lead into more boss fights like and a nerf Pink Bean, possibly.
    **EDIT** Added 2 poll options.

Feel free to say your opinion, I won't hate you.
    I also made a poll just for people to see. Don't choose an answer just because your friend/someone told you to, answer whatever you want.
    (don't answer if you don't care)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 10
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Boyco

Boyco King Slime

Apr 24, 2017
    Male
    9:50 PM
    If this even gets added, you want it to be elitist? Let poor / unfunded / not-fucking-strong people have fun at high levels! It's hard enough that we can't boss.

• Disagree Disagree x 15
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    10:50 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    I think staff said CWKPQ is impossible to add. Can the staff confirm this?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:50 AM
    Moderator Post
    CWKPQ should be possible within v0.62.

This post is only for clarification and nothing else

• Like x 4
    • Disagree x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  5. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    7:50 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    You joined maple legends for the nostalgia challenge no?

They started at a time when it was under 40 people online. And have been here for over 1.5+years. They didn't get strong right off the bat... I've been here for 3 months and I'm not complaining. make this a goal with other friends either a) start with pap b) Zakum c) horntail. They were unfunded-poor-not fucking strong people too. Give em credit for their hard work lol. You DONT have to boss.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

3:50 AM
    I dont think he meant elitist, just challenging :eek:
    As you level you ultimately get richer, more funded and stronger anyway (unless you just leech yourself to 150)

In response to the actual thread, these changes are possible but would take a lot of coding and testing.
    Especially trying to find the balance between the "right" amount of special attacks when ALL are aggroed

7. Dulce

Dulce Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Dulce
    Hermit
    Staff
    i would love to see this idea become reality on Maplelegends. MapleLegends exist for 2years+ and i would love to see this PQ come WITH the edits, where this actually become more challenging than HT.
    Why?
    First of all this server is KNOWN to be the most challenging server ever and it should stay like that! By adding an option where you got something that's even more difficult than HT would be a great addition.
    Second of all the pendant that it gives can be absolutly ridiculous. On GMS it was 10atk without slots and on EMS it was even 10atk +- 2atk and with 3slots (also like 5all stats). If this even comes out as an edit, we can always edit the pendant too, so that discussion can be saved for when this idea might actually become reality. So if you want this pendant, you should be challenged to achieve this great pendant. I've discussed this CWKPQ with some guildies before and even came up with the idea to put a ridiculous lvl limit on the necklace like 170,180+. So the value of a HTP can stay as what it is, but once again the stats on the pendant can be discussed later.

I can understand if people will complain and say this is an elitist trash idea. Well maybe it is, but we have been around on the server long enough, that a new challenge on late game content would be amazing.

So far stuff that has been released for higher levels are ToT and petri and Scarlion and Targa, which were great additions! I feel that if you want to add this and make a new challenging goal for people is to make this PQ harder than HT.

I also would like to add that if you look at this post and you are like wow this is like far above my level i can understand that you rather want to do this on a lower level, but believe me you got plenty of other bosses on your way like papulatus, scarlion, zakum, targa and HT.
    I would also like to say that this post is indeed ment for the higher levels, which has nothing to do with leaving the lower levels out, its just part of this PQ. It would be the same for CPQ only exactly the opposite, which is an addition for lower level players.

A great idea, i would love to see this happen

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
  8. brethis

brethis Orange Mushroom

Apr 7, 2017
    Male
    Very good idea. Having patches like the one today is always exciting, so I cannot imagine what would be like to see this added.
    Always up for improvements, and I think this would be a huge one to an already great server!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    I mean, he straight up said "elitists"
    Maple Legends is amazing for it's challenging/nostalgic aspect. It shouldn't have to be easy.

For sure this will take time, but it'd be nice to have new content outside of zak/ht :3

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    How about 2 versions of the PQ released? One normal mode which gives a nerfed MoN and worse bonus rewards, so lower levels wouldn't feel left out. And then you could have a hard mode with buffed up bosses and mobs in the PQ. This version would give the unnerfed MoN as well as having a better bonus stage. The end game in Maplestory is severely lacking so overall I like this idea.

I also think the full version of MoN should be given a higher level requirement (maybe 180+) so HTP doesn't become completely obsolete.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    Paladin
    *For people who think that this is only for the strong high levels.*
    For the not so strong, unfunded, poor lower levels for your bosses you have:
    Zakum
    Scarlion (literally just hit him)
    Pianus
    Papulatus
    Bigfoot
    Headless Horsemen

*For your training grounds you have*
    Skelegons
    Petrifighters
    Temple of Time

Seems people just don't want to put in the work.

Also if you're a low level thinking about complaining, how are you going to even get past the Crimson Guardians without getting sealed and smacked? (unless you vip rock L O L)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. Manny

Manny Mushmom

Mar 7, 2017
    Manny
    Bowmaster
    Animals
    I agree, more content is better which changes of course
    But for right now i think the staff should focus on other issues

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    A lower version of MoN is basically the Onyx apples???

14. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    If there's a lower version for this. Then PLEASE add a KPQ/LPQ for high lvls.

15. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    Is CWPQ v0.62? If not can anyone please tell me to what version it belongs to?

16. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    You can door to the map after it :)

17. OP
    OP
    SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    Paladin
    Mages --> seal --> can't tele --> panic --> dead. i've seen it happen plenty of times here but yeah sure door them

18. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    They don't do damage if no agro

19. OP
    OP
    SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male