1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Riddle

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dulce, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Dulce

Dulce Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    1:06 PM
    Dulce
    Hermit
    Staff
    Dear players of Maplelegends, the riddle was a side event from the Guild Wars Event. I have noticed that some of you enjoyed trying to figure out this riddle and working together to solve this complex puzzle. I have also heard alot people struggling with this riddle, which is good because you will feel more accomplished when you solve this riddle. It is like maplelegends where you feel more accomplished when you get a certain level than other servers.

*audio message*
    Yo listen up here's a story
    about a little guy that lives in a blue world
    and all day and all night and everything he sees
    is just blue like him inside and outside

ooh shit it's already recording... Well anyways hello friend!
    I look forward to meeting you. I am waiting on my favourite spot outside, but sadly it looks like its gonna rain.
    Also i wish there were park benches here so we could sit and talk.

I know you got alot on your mind, but if you got any weight on your shoulders feel free to share with me.
    To make sure that you are the one i send this message too, you need to tell me my secret code.

I know i am not the youngest anymore, but for my code i use a lock screen where you need to put a pattern on a grid of 9 circles.

If you saw my pattern on my mobile, you would know my mobile provider instantly. Haha.

You aren't there yet though! I want to know more than a swipe pattern. I want to find some numbers and materials from you
    I told you these before, but i know we are all human so ofcourse i have tips for you. If we really met before, you will know the answer.

My first item is needed for the beer i got for us two, you know what they say: A beer is only good when it's cold.

The second item is something that is wearable by someone (dark) and can never been seen when you face the sunshine.

I’m something that smells cheesy
    But I’m not a pair of socks
    I am a food that is sliced
    And delivered in a box

Tell me how i'm supposed to breathe with no air.
    Can't live can't breathe with no air

The last part of the code has a history of a country, where there is this dude Keith and i really hate him.
    The flag of this country clarifies what item i need and how many of them.
    For this item of the flag, if you cannot get this item message me on Dulce what the item is and i will give you this item.

See you soon my friend
    *end message*

As you can tell this man send a message to someone, but his second message (this one) got intercepted.

Great minds can understand him, but greater minds can fool him.
    Are you able to fool him?

This person will be online on thursday june 1st from 9pm st to 10pm st
    friday june 2nd from 9pm st to 10pm st
    saturday june 3rd from 5pm st to 10pm st

hint 1: keith and the country are real
    hint 2: the hidden meeting place is on victoria island
    First of all we need to split this riddle in pieces with hints and parts so we can solve it part by part. This will give us the next picture of the riddle
    [​IMG]
    Yo listen up here's a story
    about a little guy that lives in a blue world
    and all day and all night and everything he sees
    is just blue like him inside and outside

ooh shit it's already recording... Well anyways hello friend!
    I look forward to meeting you. I am waiting on my favourite spot outside,

The first part are the lyrics of a pretty famous song by Eiffel65 ~ Blue.
    This part has as purpose characterize the person and based on his character you have to be able to find him. The clue was to find a place that is related to the colour blue and it needs to be on victoria island (as told in Hint 2). Outside was a clue so people won't look for blue houses in lith harbour or somewhere else. The place to find the riddle person is:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    but sadly it looks like its gonna rain.
    Also i wish there were park benches here so we could sit and talk.

This one is tricky, because people might have thought that part green was a part of part blue. That these are clue's to find the hidden spot. Yet part green refers to 2 items you can bring to hand this out and then solve the code. These two items are related to the clue of part blue and the clue is ofcourse the colour blue. A blue item that helps for the rain and a blue item that solves the issue of not having benches around. Knowing this you will be certain that these items are the next 2 items:
    [​IMG]
    I know you got alot on your mind, but if you got any weight on your shoulders feel free to share with me.

This one was just a little bonus. An item that can put some weight on your shoulders and if you think about that you might know that we are talking about the next item:
    [​IMG]
    To make sure that you are the one i send this message too, you need to tell me my secret code.

I know i am not the youngest anymore, but for my code i use a lock screen where you need to put a pattern on a grid of 9 circles.

If you saw my pattern on my mobile, you would know my mobile provider instantly. Haha.

You aren't there yet though! I want to know more than a swipe pattern. I want to find some numbers and materials from you
    I told you these before, but i know we are all human so ofcourse i have tips for you. If we really met before, you will know the answer.

Now we come at the part where Eiffel65 wants to know the code and he starts talking about the pattern. This pattern is a specific swipe pattern. This pattern will be shown in a trade, the 9 grids are the 9 slots in a trade:
    [​IMG]

In the message there is the clue about his provider. Now you need to think about providers which could match a certain swipe pattern. This part was really tricky and the answer i was looking for was T-mobile. Where the swipe pattern is like a 'T':
    [​IMG]

Then eiffel65 spoke about certain numbers and materials. These are 5items with a specific amount u need to figure out and this is part red.
    My first item is needed for the beer i got for us two, you know what they say: A beer is only good when it's cold.

The second item is something that is wearable by someone (dark) and can never been seen when you face the sunshine.

I’m something that smells cheesy
    But I’m not a pair of socks
    I am a food that is sliced
    And delivered in a box

Tell me how i'm supposed to breathe with no air.
    Can't live can't breathe with no air

The last part of the code has a history of a country, where there is this dude Keith and i really hate him.
    The flag of this country clarifies what item i need and how many of them.

The first item is something needed for beer and eiffel65 likes to have his beer cold, he also mentioned for us two; so we are looking for 2 ice pieces.

The second item wearable so its an equip and dark. The last clue is something that can NEVER been seen when you face the sunshine. This is a shadow, so the item we are looking for is Dark shadow (level 40 thief top)

The third item is a riddle for pizza and pizza thats sliced. The number i was looking for was a number whats normal to slice a pizza in, so i woulda accept 4,6 and 8

The fourth item is something u can think of when u hear those lyrics and he can't live with no air. The item for this is air bubble. The numbers needed for this one was the hardest part to figure out, because these are 2 lyrics combined where u know that eiffel lives in a blue world and cannot live without air. So he needs air bubbles to be available at the times. Eiffel65 was online for 7 hours total and the air bubble last for 15mins so i was looking for 28 air bubbles.

The last item was to figure out who this keith is. This keith was a famous person in real and Eiffel65 doesn't like him. We referred to Keith Urban, who has made a song called blue ain't your colour (nice song btw) which make this hate understandable. Keith Urban was born in New-Zealand and the item we are looking for were the stars (4 of them):
    [​IMG]

Some people claimed that the riddle was to hard and not worth the time spending for the prize. I can understand this, but you can also enjoy solving this riddle with friends and try to brainstorm together. This is exactly what mafia did, leaded by CoraCora. They were figuring out where i could be hidden and they manage to find me, then CoraCora traded me and showed me 4items, she was not sure about Keith and the hint (To bad because i remember them talking about this riddle in FM and one of their friends actually mentioned Keith Urban). A shoutout to mafia!

Also a special shoutout to EdEd who figured out the Keith Urban clue and had clue 2 correct with the dark shadow. He has found the character on his own and did the riddle all alone. Really impressive that u manage to figure out a big part of this riddle.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It is really hard to choose a winner, since they both found me and traded items that are needed for the code. Ed had 2 more items correct that were needed, but Cora had more numbers correct and that showed also that she understood how to solve this riddle. So the winner for this event is ....
    BaboBabo
    CoraCora and her mafia squad, because her squad was closer to the answer than they thought. Based on looking on the trade only i would say EdEd. But they had Keith Urban in mind and therefore i give CoraCora 2 deku deku hammers and EdEd 1 deku deku hammer. Congratulations both! :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. BlurryFace

BlurryFace Mixed Golem

Dec 8, 2015
    Female
    Netherlands
    Shoo
    Marauder
    GoedVerhaal
    damn boy

3. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    such a great riddle and to though keith gave us the final push :D

the 2nd item with something dark was really tricks :3
    we first though of a shadow aswell,but at the same time you cant wear it,
    then we went full circle and checked places which are always dark and etc which can be worn by someone dark :D

overall it was fun to solve and we learn much about a lot of keith xD
    like titanic keith, navi boat keith, random keith from a bakery and some others <3

cant wait for the next event <3

• Like Like x 3