1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: How should the AP Reset change be handled?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siggy, Jul 13, 2017.

How should the AP Reset change be handled?

1. Leave them as they currently are

21.3%
  2. Change the price to 2.5k NX for 1 / 10k NX for 5

54.1%
  3. Obtain AP Resets via daily quest and/or hunting

44.7%
  4. Buff % HP Scrolls

2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. potatoeman

potatoeman Red Snail

Jul 13, 2017
    Male
    4:16 AM
    If you just let the votes decide, it's obviously going to lean towards drastically lower prices for AP resets simply because new players ARE the majority. I've been playing since around Aug 2015 and I've stuck through this server even when it went to shit with ~20 to 30 players daily because I believe in it. I can tell you things are already so much easier for new players these days. Scrolls were nonexistent or simply shit expensive, gfma30s for 20mil at a point in time for instance, and hp washing was so much harder. With the price of about just about every scroll being so cheap, it isn't that hard for new players to save up mesos and make some basic int gear for washing. If AP resets are too expensive, there's always the option of bloodwashing while you focus on making better gear (which is easier, because of the lower prices!) as many before me have suggested.

To get more on topic with the thread, I'm not fundamentally against making AP resets a little cheaper so hp washing is easier for new players. I think a small discount for AP resets is fine, but definitely nowhere near the 2k price (bundle). I'm even supportive of some of the other suggestions like the daily quest/hunting ideas provided they're implemented without disrupting the balance of the game. P.S. Stop shitting on older players' opinions and likening every counterargument against the lowered AP reset prices to "saltiness". It is NOT just about old players being salty (although yes, I admit it is a thing because we have spent a LOT of nx on washing). There are many valid arguments (nx sink, hp washing becoming the norm etc) that are also to be taken into consideration.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    10:16 PM
    Beginner
    You are aware players can transition from casual to hardcore right?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    1:16 PM
    So far all I can see is old players defending this broken game mechanic that honestly has no damn point, but it needs to stay because they had to do it, and "new" players actually offering up ideas. If the thread keeps turning into an argument over who should be able to make the final decision, gonna request that it be closed.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:16 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    And if they do, they should have no problem remaking a character if it's necessary or doing all they need to do to reach the required hp, that's what being hardcore is all about. You are willing to put in time and effort.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Might as well be closed at this point.

6. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Then close it, I don't care that you think you are right when you are not, if you don't want to wash, go to another server, stop protesting in here and trying to change everything.
    You joined Legends knowing it's a v62 server, that means WASHING is a thing, there %hp bullshit in here, stop trying to add stupid shit that gms added later on.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/your-latest-accomplishments.2825/

Have a look at the first couple pages then tell us again how much harder it used to be.

Some things became more difficult over time and others became easier. That shouldn't be the focus. The focus should be on what's the servers vision on how to handle hp washing and act accordingly.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    "If you don't like this shitty part of the v62 experience, just leave." It's not really saying anything. The staff obviously don't like it. The overwhelming majority of active players on these forums don't like it. A huge percentage of the ML population doesn't like it. But we should keep it because... why, exactly?

I'd like a reason other than you already did it.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Because this a version 62 server, you joined this server knowing all about version 62, you want easier mapling, go play gms or a high rate server, either way take it or leave it. You might as well make a whole new server at this rate.
    Edit: I'm fucking done with this, you guys can keep whining about washing all you want, I got better shit to do than talk to lazy people who don't want to put in any effort.

• Disagree Disagree x 17
    • Agree Agree x 6
  10. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I'm not defending hp washing as it is now solely for the reason that we had to do it. If that was the only reason, then I wouldn't be defending it because I'm still washing a dk now which will take me 3 months more to finish (would take 45 days with the new price that was going to be implemented). I'm fine with waiting the 3 months because in the meantime I am farming meso to scroll a perfect sky ski for my dk and there is no way I will finish the sky ski in those 3 months either, so there are plenty things to do while you wait for the nx...either level or gear yourself, but don't cry about "a broken mechanic" because that "broken mechanic" helps you to get organised and focus on your gear as well. It is only a broken mechanic because it wasn't intended by Neckson, not because it doesn't fit the game. Legends is a slow-paced game/server at this moment, if you guys want something fast-paced, I've heard that in some servers ap resets are tradeable.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Alright, the staff are the ones who want to change. Take it or leave it.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. Dylan

Dylan Orange Mushroom

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    3:16 PM
    Hunter
    If option 2 goes through old players better get compensated with nx

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. Star

Star Mano

Mar 10, 2017
    Male
    UK
    9:16 PM
    Starnib / Stargod
    Magician, Thief
    Unworthy
    Imma throw my 2 cents here. I am a newer player (4-5 months ~) but I my opinion would lean with those who have been here longer, seen changes for better and for worse to the server and thus more likely have a better understanding of what could pottentially disrupt the server. We all joined this for the nostaligic feeling of pre bb for all its pros and cons which includes stuff like hp washing and rolling the freaking dice :), not that the dice part means much when you get FREE nx to reduce unnecessary stats. A lot of perks have been added to this game which most of us couldn't afford to do in pre big bang days... Paying for the amount of washes I have done alone would never have been a thing I woulda done in vanilla MS.

BUT I atleast and I imagine a good proportion of you players (yes assuming is bad curse me) did not like that Big bang made the game easier or that godly equips became useless with pottential. And due to this have moved back to the days of having to earn lvls, in a way I feel washes have to be earnt. With a little bit of foresight / dedication making characters which 'need' to be washed for end game aspects is not that bad. I couldn't afford to wash each and every lvl on the Night lord, only recently have I been able to battle the mass MP I gained. But I planned for the fact I want to HT (whether I can in the 20 or so levels I need before someone lets me join their runs is another matter ^_^).

By making AP resets 'cheap' as the current price is kinda like a slap in the face to us that planned for this and the longer lasting members that happened to find this private server before. It is sorta like the slap in the face, like I got when Big bang happened and me being in the 16x's as a Night Load (or Night Lord as it shoulda been, gotta love that EMS translation). Within a week I was surpassed A LOT. Anyways slightly off topic. I also understand that majority of the votes should be listened but, I do have an argument for that so please stick with me.

Lets say that 50 people equally run a company and suddenly 200 people join, now those 50 original members helped push, tinker and keep the company alive. SHOULD the 200 people that might not have know of past decisions or how the company became worth joining get an equal say in where the company goes? Usually not as thats not how companies work and they have a Boss that makes those decisions.

I am also not belittling the new people as I fully understand you guys wanna spend more nx on gacha's, appearances and what else. But isn't the fact we all get NX for free not enough, so that we can all plan for hp washing or buy a new outfit daily / weekly. I am under the impression this is more of a luxury rather than our 'Rights'.

From my perspective, I'd keep or at best slightly tinker the prices and instead get MORE endgame content for us to play with, stuff like missing PQ's or bosses etc. I also think that prices sticking to how they are would upset people the least as this would allow older players to keep their effort in tact and nothing would have changed for newer members.

TLDR: I would lean towards the original members more here as doing end game stuff should require effort and planning or more time, I can see where newer members are coming from but find this issue to be lower in the pecking order of things this server could do with.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Informative Informative x 3
  14. Smile

Smile Selkie Jr.

Nov 18, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    SharpSide
    Night Lord
    December
    I'm not an active player, but I'm an unwashed NL that started almost 2 years ago. A lot of the argument seems to stem from the fact that new players will not have such a hard experience as older players have. In my opinion if you wanted a truly original "hardcore" server, you'd want to have Legends at 1x exp/drop, and all NX as actual donor payments. But it isn't. It's not faithful to the original to the original "hardcore" maple, it's actually quite amped up. Sure, AP resets should be hard for ANY player to obtain, but why complain about new players obtaining it more easily when in the original Maple, you couldn't even get them unless you dropped some real dollars? At the end of the day, it's the moderations decision. Even if the old faithful player base is complaining, does it really matter? A good 75% of the veteran population literally quit for over 6 months (myself included) due to the past stability of the server. What kind of credibility does it even give to put out such opinions as that "we have played here longer so we deserve more." And even if were words are worth thinking about, this is honestly such a minor change, there are honestly bigger things to worry about. Regardless if AP reset changes are made, people will still have fun with the game, new or old. If your grind seems any different because of the change, it's honestly on you.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  15. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    4:16 PM
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    this sums up the entire argument for me. two opposing ends, conservatives vs. liberals. people who want old things to stay as it is, ex. religion, only heterosexuality, hardwork/no welfare, etc.
    and people who want things to be easier, more freedom (ex. abortion), free post-secondary education, etc. hence we as a generation have been accused because our sense of entitlement. and hence why were accused of being 'lazy' right now.
    but lets think about this: older players wanted to decrease the cost, and now it is... i dont see the problem.
    the real problem, i think, is the older players feeling slighted by this, because it didnt come sooner. so if we try to strip away all the other arguments like, hp washing is bad mechanic, hp washing is part of version 0.62, etc.
    the older players are salty, which they are entitled to be, but this is what you wanted. claiming that 'i suffered more than another group', doesnt help move things along. everyone will just be stuck in the past, while suffering.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    i dont think it has something to do about being salty (at least not all players)

but more about the fact both sides think they are right.

17. slycooper

slycooper Slime

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Beginner
    Rich get richer poor get poorer. These old players are the same as the rothchilds

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    It's funny how so many people are saying the only argument is that we had to wash so now they should do it too and that we are salty, etc..
    But I have seen people ignore my arguments as to why it should stay the same (besides what old players had to already do). Maybe you are ignoring it because you recognise I'm right, but just not publicly because you don't want to lose your pride :D
    I'm talking about this post btw

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    sounds like youre saying you like hp washing, because you think thats what characterizes v0.62? correct me if im wrong?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  20. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    I mean you signed up for Legends knowing it's worth and what it's selling as v62 server.

Yes it's a broken mechanic, but it's part of what v62 is about.
    A similar mechanic would be leeching that the staff and players are weary about, should we remove that too?
    Most casual players would probably not make it past 80-90 if that were the case, as the plateauing level is around 100.