1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: How should the AP Reset change be handled?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siggy, Jul 13, 2017.

How should the AP Reset change be handled?

1. Leave them as they currently are

21.3%
  2. Change the price to 2.5k NX for 1 / 10k NX for 5

54.1%
  3. Obtain AP Resets via daily quest and/or hunting

44.7%
  4. Buff % HP Scrolls

2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    11:41 PM
    So, there's a lot of criticism in the maintenance thread about the change of the price of AP Resets in the Cash Shop. I think it'd be easier to gain a sense of what the community wants if we everyone could take a vote, so I made a poll.

If you could please expand on your vote option with your opinions and/or more ideas, that'd be great!

• Like Like x 2
  2. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    2:41 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    see, this is a good poll that would've been great before changes were rolled out KimberlyKimberly

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    I think keeping the price and implementing some sort of hunting system would be awesome.

The people AFK voting can get ap resets, The people voting and actually playing get faster ap resets.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    8:41 AM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I don't think it is possible to make a donator only poll.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    er what

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    i like the 2 mixed ideas. Same price, but also the option to have it as a reward somehow

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    So, for those wanting the price to be the same and have obtainable resets via hunting or quests, would that mean you want the ability to obtain two AP Resets per day?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    Yep.

Hunting/questing for the extra ap reset provides incentive to play the game, and rewards people for being active.
    Keeping the old price for ap resets means you can still wash at the same rate you did before.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    more than 2 per day, i mean more like 1 as a reward + the ones you want to buy

10. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Well, you can only buy one per vote is what I meant.

11. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Any idea on how that would be handled, specifically? Any minimum level for the quest? Do all monsters of all levels drop them, aside from Maple Island monsters? Just trying to see how this would work realistically, not denouncing the idea.

12. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    As a newer player who's been pretty much saving since the beginning to wash my character, I can't say I'm unhappy about the reduction in price. It benefits just about every newer player who'd like to boss in the future. I can understand the frustration of the older players, but I'm not sure I understand why they are not okay with a price reduction, but okay with a daily quest system or something of the such, while keeping AP Resets at their current price. In the end, both of them would be reducing the time needed to wash a character.

Either way, I'd be happy with both; If it stays as it is with a reduction, It's cool with me, though I do think some sort of Daily Quest (Something like we had from Cody from the last Anniversary event, though maybe a bit less repetitive!) could be quite nice and a bit more engaging for the players. You'd actually have to do some work to speed up the process instead of just waiting for 3 more months of votes.

SHAMELESS POST-THREAD EDIT:
    See https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-tickets-a-new-way-to-obtain-ap-resets.13491/ for a suggestion! I'd love more opinions/discussion about it.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Oh, fuck, true XD i mean in case you were saving mesos, but yeah, that would be 2 daily, you are absolutely right

• Like Like x 1
  14. woops2

woops2 Slime

Jun 14, 2015
    Male
    Kerning City
    Dagger
    Bandit
    Option 4: Increase AP resets to 5,001 Nx OnionF3OnionMuhaOnionF3OnionMuhaOnionF3

• Like Like x 10
  15. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    People are generally more okay when you have to work towards getting that extra something vs. getting handed it for free

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    Personally, from what I'm imagining right now, I think hunting would be too easy. The quest would have to be hard enough for everyone, from level 10 to level 1xx, but still enjoyable. What do you guys think of a daily multi-stage jump quest, if possible?

17. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    Doing daily quests seems very tedious, forced and unnecessary. This seems like there is going to be a lot of extra work on both GM's and the players

• Like Like x 2
  18. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    1:41 AM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    Are you wanting a daily quest like the Candle quest? Hunt mobs until they drop a rare item 10 times, which could take over an hour to do. Or you want "hunting" to be something as simple as kill X amount of mobs around your level, available once per day. Either way it benefits active players, rather than just voting each day on an inactive account until it has enough resets.

I feel like keeping the resets at the same price and adding in daily rewards would be better than dropping from 3.1k to 1.28k (price per from bundle). Wouldn't be that big of a "slap to the face" to those who have saved for months for their resets as the price reduction will be.

I currently have a Bowmaster that needs, if I calculated correctly, another 150 days to wash completely at my current level, with each being 3.1k. With them being cheaper and bundled, it will now take 62 days. Obviously the decrease in price benefits me. But since going into making the character I knew it would take a long time to wash, I was perfectly fine with having to wait. Adding in something like daily quests or hunting drops would encourage me to play more on my bowman, rather than just hang on a rope at Petrifighters (which it has been doing since lv 105).

I upvote daily quests and/or hunting!

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Sloth

Sloth Master Chronos

Mar 5, 2017
    Male
    4:41 PM
    Raphiel, Trivia
    Bishop
    Home
    considering the community consist of high population of new players, Poll will end up in their favor.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    1:41 AM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    There was a daily quest event during 2nd anv that provided 1 reset per day. Don't think it would be that hard to reactivate this quest and extend it's time.

Also like Kim has stated, washing has never been forced. If you don't want to do the quest, you don't have to. It would just benefit those who really want the extra resets and are willing to put time into it.