1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: How should the AP Reset change be handled?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siggy, Jul 13, 2017.

How should the AP Reset change be handled?

1. Leave them as they currently are

21.3%
  2. Change the price to 2.5k NX for 1 / 10k NX for 5

54.1%
  3. Obtain AP Resets via daily quest and/or hunting

44.7%
  4. Buff % HP Scrolls

2.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    5:01 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    you're right man

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Noctus

Noctus Red Snail

Jul 4, 2017
    I had an alternative idea regarding HP wash, basically the idea is instead of making it a requirement, it's a luxury. This way it won't shaft the old players who already washed, while still allow new players to hit the bare minimum allowing them to boss at a reasonable time if they either didn't want to wash for sake of playing casually or didn't realize they had to wash until it's too late.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...ve-possbility-to-messing-with-ap-reset.13495/

Feel free to rag on it or w/e, the idea sounded good in my head at least.

3. DesuYo

DesuYo Mano

May 26, 2017
    Female
    Oh, that makes it okay then. The average player won't have to deal with it, so it isn't at all a bad part of the game. I had both of those things available to me on my first character, just from making friends and joining a guild. But I guess that isn't important; since I'm not the average player, the time barrier is justifiable.
    Except that analogy is silly... you know 4 years isn't a fixed time constraint for an undergraduate degree, right? You can graduate faster should you choose to take summer courses. And any time constraints that do exist are just a natural consequence of things like the length of each of your classes and your school's resources. This is obviously completely different from the arbitrary amount of time it takes to get enough AP resets in Legends.
    Would you also have a problem with deeming a game in which you could purchase EXP multipliers from the cash shop as "pay2win"? After all, just paying doesn't make you win, you still have to play. I understand these two things are different, my point is just that you're being pedantic. If there's a preferred term you'd like to use for the fact that waiting is a necessary part of the HP washing process instead of actually playing MapleStory, I'd be happy to use it. SlimeSmile
    Yes, because being forced to wait for AP resets with no other avenue to obtain them is a classic part of the MapleStory experience... I'm not dead set on trying to change Legends, I'm just baffled that people are actually defending how HP washing currently works as if it's a good thing. I thought it was universally agreed upon that it was complete trash, but veterans who invested so much time into it simply felt betrayed by any changes. But apparently having a time barrier to your goal is actually preferable to some people over being able to play the game to work towards your goal... that's something I can't wrap my head around, it's completely indefensible to me.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  4. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    5:01 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Can any hp washing supporters actually say this:

"I chose to play maplelegends over other servers because I wanted to relive the nostalgic and classic experience of maplestory: hp washing"

I dont think its a problem to allow newer players to not be gated from playing the full game experience because they dont want to exploit a pseudo bug.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    11:01 AM
    Beginner
    You are probably ironic on this part, but anyway.
    It took around 1 week of irl work to be able to buy enough AP resets for an assassin (~150) in GMS.
    That is 1 week in GMS, compared to half a year on this server.

HP washing on this server is therefore nothing like it was on GMS.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. HeroOfLight

HeroOfLight Red Snail

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    HeroOfLight
    Warrior
    The idea of a quest if not implemented properly may deter me from even participating at all. I hated how tedious GMS's quests were at times, even with GMS's fast kill times it felt forced and led to me quitting.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    I found out about hp washing when ht runs were starting up.

You guys make it out to be horrible ordeal.

When in reality no one asks you to wash to absurd numbers when the minimum is at level 15x where most people are considered attackers. This is literally 50 washes all together and is about 2 months, where your damage isn't even that far off.

If you're aiming for 10k nightlord you brought this on yourself and obviously going to run into some struggles.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    3:01 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I don't think we're ever going to come to an agreement so I'll just leave it with this. I don't agree at all with the notion that the HP washing mechanic, as it currently stands, renders anyone unable to play the game and work toward goals.

On 2x, how many ranged attackers are going to reach 155 from scratch with solid weapon, glove, cape, and class gear before they have enough NX voted up to wash out for HT? Even with access to a Bishop and INT gear and treating it like a full time job (8-10hrs a day), this takes a couple of months at least. Leveling gets slow as hell past 140 even with a dedicated leecher and 2x Zak a day. Sure, I can see that you have a problem with the concept of time-gated content access in a vacuum. However, within the context of the server, this time-gate is never an actual issue. I have literally never seen anyone who have voted from day 1 of starting on this server ever reach a point of level and gear ready for HT prior to having enough HP if they were prepared for HP washing (awareness of HP washing is another issue altogether, though imo wtf are you doing on a super low rate server if you didn't know about washing). This time barrier is much, much easier to surmount than the other aspects of building up a character.

I personally think the perceived difficulty and asininity of HP washing is way overblown in comparison with scrolling for gear or even the monotony of farming mesos. I see no need for lowering the cost for resets when it's already an afterthought and on top of that, the only content that is unavailable without washing is HT at an earlier level. It's completely possible to hit 5.6k HP without washing, it'll just take more levels.

Lowering reset costs is only going to take away an NX sink and open the floodgates even more for gach tickets and further crash the economy. Back in the day when the server had less than 200 people online regularly and gach was fucked up, this could have been seen as a good thing. There was a period of time when certain scrolls (Gun30, Shield WATK70) had a supply of <5 or didn't exist at all (Shield WATK 60) on the entire server and nobody was selling since they were never going to get "fair value" for it. But currently, having an NX sink is a good thing given the state of the market.

I'm repeating myself, but the original implementation of just straight up slashing the price in half is really poorly done. Especially with the staff discord photo floating around where it seemed like they took no consideration into how it would affect the state of the game and just threw up 1.6k as a random number...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Hobo

Hobo Snail

Mar 12, 2015
    Female
    Canada
    3:01 AM
    SendNoods
    Bishop
    Disorder
    lmfao get with the season ull just forget about it in a few weeks, almost everyone here has no chill :eek: dam

• Like Like x 3
  10. Galcian

Galcian Mushmom

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    Galcian
    Pirate
    Reduced price is much better. :)

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  11. fuckmyasshol

fuckmyasshol Slime

Apr 20, 2017
    11:01 PM
    HailSatan
    Magician
    The server is populated now, but a good half of the players only started playing less than a month ago, and another sector of the pre-boom period (myself included) played less than 2 months ago. Wait a couple more months before calling this server populated and exciting, at the current rate i believe legends will lose much of the recent progress they made because a lot of the new players will get tired of washing/realize v62's many faults. Heck, it hasn't been long enough for casual players to get to a hp washing level yet so the bubble still hasn't burst...
    "If you aren't "devoted enough" to wait it out then I doubt you'd get very far in this server regardless." You have the exact same mentality that I was critical of in my earlier posts. If you only want people who are devoted enough to hp wash to stay in the game, then you're limiting a lot of potential end game players that could help the economy and make the game more gms-like (population wise). HP washing alone is a reason a lot of people quit. If a server wants to keep most of its new players then it should fix its problems, not keep them just because a minority like you are able to tolerate it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    A certain server completely removed hp washing and increased hp per level.

Seeing as what you said that server should flourish and it did for the first few weeks.
    Now its a server with probably 30 people.

Its literally a luxury that is only required for one specific boss. And even then its not 100% required. Not only do you receive the min hp at later levels, you can play safer around legs/tail at horntail and maintain hb to survive. Babo has below the hp limit and he does fine.

Also about the ht issue, ive been gone 9 months ago and theres only a small number of people who have been added to the new ht squads.
    People who stress about hp washing prob don't quite understand ht at all.

You shouldnt cripple your enjoyment for a boss you probably wont deal with until 4 months later.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    2:01 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    One thing that isn't being discussed , which I think SHOULD be discussed is how the results of this poll will be used. Regardless of whether it is wrong or right to reduce the price of AP resets, implement some sort of quest that allows active players to receive them, or leave everything as is, would it be suitable for the administrators to go with the option that the majority chooses?

As of writing this, the votes are currently split as follows:
    No change: 24%
    Reduce Price: 51%
    Quest/Hunting: 46%

Basically, the question is whether the opinions of old players matter MORE than the opinions of newer players, or if every opinion is EQUAL.

I personally believe that every opinion is equal, and that the administrators should simply go with whatever wins in the end, regardless of what it is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. fuckmyasshol

fuckmyasshol Slime

Apr 20, 2017
    HailSatan
    Magician
    You can't blame their hp washing alone for their collapse, I don't know what server you're talking about but the administration must've been deficient in other areas for people to leave. Their population before the hp washing also matters, which you conveniently didn't mention before stating that they now have 30 active players.
    Then maybe new players should be educated about it so they at least have the same opportunity in the beginning. It doesn't matter if its only horntail, people will still quit because they can't do that. Like I said, players who get 99% of something will still have the 1% lingering in their heads.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    I'm excited for the discussion and the decisions that will be made after, as it's a damned if you do damned if you don't scenario.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    I think people have more to worry about than a end game boss.

I dont see any reason why a level 40 who may level once a week is worrying about horntail than getting to 3rd job?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:01 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    The Staff has clarified in the past that the results of community polls do not decide the outcome.

18. fuckmyasshol

fuckmyasshol Slime

Apr 20, 2017
    HailSatan
    Magician
    You're missing the point, the fact that they can't do 100% of the things most other players their level can is demoralizing. And it looks like you're assuming that a lvl 40 main doesn't have the potential to become a serious player in the future. You'll be surprised how many casual players transition to play more seriously once they make friends and get in a guild. They can begin to worry when they're at level 100 and weren't aware of hp washing until then. They either have the choice of leveling a handicapped character or quitting and playing a server/other game that isn't as bureaucratic as legends is at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    Have to disagree, if all the new players (that are the majority) who have been on the server for one month make the poll lean towards a price reduction and this is the only basis for a decision, It's definitely not fair for anyone who's been here for a long time, who's vote for the other options wouldn't count just because there's no way they can have majority.

Saying every vote is equal in this situation is, well, probably wrong. The vote of someone who has just started, has 50k NX and definitely would love a much easier time for their future wash is most definitely biased, and I don't think it would be fair to hold it to the same value as someone who has been through stuff like over a year of washing. It's not like the staff would just go with whatever wins the poll anyway. That would be silly.

To be honest, since they've already put aside the reduction thing for the time being, I wish there would be more suggestions popping up. We've had like, two including mine and a bump.
    C'mon!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    2:01 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Well, if the staff decides to not use this poll to make a decision, it feels fairly worthless and pointless to vote in it. Then again it may be my mistake in believing that this poll was started by the staff or something, perhaps it was just started by someone who wanted to get majority opinion.