1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

PLEASE reduce AP Reset's price

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thamos, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Thamos

Thamos Orange Mushroom

Jul 24, 2017
    Male
    4:55 AM
    Thamos
    White Knight
    Nachtbrakers
    I don't know if this is the right section to post this and this is without a doubt a topic that people have brought up earlier. Anyhow...

The thing is, I have a warrior and it's my first character on this server so I had no fundings starting out, therefore I had to put a fair share of AP into DEX to be able to hit mobs consistently. I do have some money now so I'm starting to wear DEX equips so I can focus more on putting my AP into STR. Only my DEX is at 60 which I need to reduce, only to find out that AP Resets cost 3100 NX cash each! That is way too much in my opinion. I will be able to buy 3 of them every two days. It would take me a month and a half to bring my DEX down to zero while not being able to spend my vote cash on ANY other stuff.

This is a shout-out to all GMs:
    Please, and I repeat, please bring down it's price. Because this is just ridiculous. I really can't think of any reason why it would be so expensive...

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    10:55 PM
    Solstice
    FoxXDWhat a shame, welcome to what everybody else has been dealing with. What would you reduce the price to then?

Also, you're not suppose to be bringing dex down to the lowest possible anyways

3. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    11:55 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Umm, yes you are, the less dex you have the better. Just requires funding for acc and dex from gear.

4. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    I mean 0 or 1 since that's the min(?)

5. OP
    OP
    Thamos

Thamos Orange Mushroom

Jul 24, 2017
    Male
    Thamos
    White Knight
    Nachtbrakers
    I would bring it down to a price that is reasonable compared to other cash items.

I will need to atleast bring my DEX down by a bunch. The better DEX equips I get my hands on, the more I need to bring it down...

6. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    4 is the min you can have. For any stat.

Edit: Some jobs can't have lower than a certain ammount (thief can't have lower than 25 dex for example, which is what they requite to 1st job advance)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Everyone uses ap resets for hp washing, mp washing, lowering/raising stats, this issue has been discussed extensively, prices won't be going down in the near future. Use the pearls from event to get ap resets and save your vote cash, everyone else has done the same. Nothing you can do about it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Thamos

Thamos Orange Mushroom

Jul 24, 2017
    Male
    Thamos
    White Knight
    Nachtbrakers
    Ofcourse we can. Whining about it could increase the chance something will be done about it. If we're all gonna be ok with it and act like we don't mind, nothing will ever change, no.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Except lots of us don't want this to change, it's been this way for 2 years, why should it change now.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    I thought at his lv he should keep it at 40 dex? Even moreso if it's his first character because funding

Like Franco said, it's been discussed ALOT. Recently the staff had planned to decrease AP resets down to 2k (if you bought it in a bundle) but there was alot of backlash and the decision was scrapped.
    I personally don't mind the AP reset prices now, just wish they were 3k instead of 3.1k bc OCD :p

11. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Oh, I didn't mean he should reset to 4 himself, just saying it's the most optimal goal for a warrior in terms of damage, the less dex the better. I don't know what his current gear and funding is so I wouldn't really know.

12. Sloth

Sloth Master Chronos

Mar 5, 2017
    Male
    12:55 PM
    Raphiel, Trivia
    Bishop
    Home
    This idea has been brought up and been shut down by many. Stop whining

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    Ahh yeah I know it's the most optimal:p, I was just telling him he shouldn't be resetting too low because of his situation (says he's lv70 & first char)

Ok but... what is the price range you're thinking of?

14. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    8:55 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    memes TriHard

• Like Like x 2
  15. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    Meh, we've had already a major discussion (if not memewar) about the price change of AP resets. The conclusion was that it won't change for a while. I won't mind having AP reset bundles. We be having the 3,1k since the start of this server. The growing population ain't that much of a reason to lower it. However gaining AP resets with event should be a to stay in my opinion.

16. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Has been encouraged by more, so I'd say he's in his right to ask for a change.

EDIT: Franco, your opinion doesn't matter. You have succumbered to cheating on this server. If you can't even play without cheating, then you are silently and undeniably agreeing that it's too hard to progress.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    3:55 AM
    The problem is not the price of the AP resets, it's that they are not tradeable and also that you don't gain much NX from voting and hence why it takes forever to be able to actually start playing your bossing character seeing that most of the jobs depend on HP washing for it. I guess playing a mage while you don't have enough NX is probably the best option, unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    8:55 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You know, your character isn't completely useless just because it has dex. Why don't you go ahead and take advantage of some of the really underpriced scrolls that increase strength?

• Like Like x 2
  19. OP
    OP
    Thamos

Thamos Orange Mushroom

Jul 24, 2017
    Male
    Thamos
    White Knight
    Nachtbrakers
    Lol, why in the world wouldn't people want this to change?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Sloth

Sloth Master Chronos

Mar 5, 2017
    Male
    12:55 PM
    Raphiel, Trivia
    Bishop
    Home
    Bossing is entirely possible without HP washing. The only Boss that makes a difference with hp washing right now is HT. Are you telling me you guys are trying to go HT at low level?