1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

HTPQ Prequest Bug

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Killerogue, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Killerogue

Killerogue Snail

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    10:30 PM
    Killerogue
    IGN: Killerogue

Hello everyone. Basically, you collected all the items for HTPQ prequest. You waited for your party to finish collecting. Everyone is ready at Moria. 6 Cornians went to the gatekeeper. But only 5 went in. Why? Because for no understandable reason, you became a human the moment you entered the cave and got shooed out by the gatekeeper (Note, I do know I cannot press any skills, all I did was move around using arrow keys, unless that caused the transformation to cancel). Next moment you find yourself at the Peak of (something, I forgot). I have no idea why this happens, and wonders if anyone else encountered it?

It happened too fast for me to take screenshots and I pray it does not happen to anyone else.

Any help or additional evidence is greatly appreciated!

2. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    10:30 AM
    Moderator Post
    In which part of the Peak of the Big Nest map did you end up after you were warped out? I believe there are only a couple ways you could have gotten turned into a human and warped out:
    1. You exited the Cave of Life Entrance map via the portal in the top left corner. That will remove your Cornian transformation and move you to the right-most portal in the Peak of the Big Nest map.
    2. You talked to the Gatekeeper as a human, which would move you to the top right corner of the Peak of the Big Nest map.
    3. You entered the Cave of Life as a Cornian, got debuffed as normal by Gatekeeper, and then exited the portal in the Cave of Life map which returns you to the top left of the Cave of Life Entrance map.
    If you can clarify where you ended up, that might help to narrow down exactly what may have happened. In the meantime, I've made a couple changes which might help prevent similar situations in the future:
    • Exiting the top left portal in the Cave of Life Entrance will be prevented as a Cornian, so players don't accidentally debuff and lose their transformation.
    • Gatekeeper warps you slightly to the side of the exit portal in the Cave of Life, so that players don't accidentally exit the Cave of Life while button mashing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sloth

Sloth Master Chronos

Mar 5, 2017
    Male
    12:30 AM
    Raphiel, Trivia
    Bishop
    Home
    There might also be the reason where after you turned into a cornian and talked to the gatekeeper. You pressed esc instead of enter or next. That warps you out

4. creekboi91

creekboi91 Blue Snail

Aug 13, 2017
    Male
    Nazuma
    Beginner
  5. Navi

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    I believe that pressing ESC currently just removes the NPC chat box and does not proceed with any warping. I will change it so that the ESC key provides the same function as clicking Next.

6. Joy

Joy Capt. Latanica

Jun 17, 2015
    Female
    Toronto
    Deku
    Shadower
    Demure
    I just want to say this has happened a few times with our attackers. We transform and drop down to gatekeeper then get warped back to the map before cave entrance (the peak) while losing all items. (We never once enter the cave at all, just instant warp) But it's very very rare, and I have not seen it in a while.

7. CHANEL

CHANEL Dark Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere in the world
    Steam
    Islander
    Southperry
    Is this only for HTPQ prequest or all other quests?

8. Navi

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    The change would only affect Keroben and for all other NPCs, ESC would still close NPC chat.

9. Navi

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Marking this as fixed for now. If anybody experiences this bug after the recent maintenance, please let me know.

• Agree Agree x 1