1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Clarification on HP washing steps for DK

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by krombopulos, Aug 13, 2017.

1. krombopulos

krombopulos Blue Snail

Aug 13, 2017
    11:35 PM
    Grimaldus
    Warrior
    Hello! Last time I played MS was maybe 9-10 years ago. Decided to come back for the nostalgia and try out a DK - something completely different than when I originally played (FP mage). Imagine my surprise to find out there's more nuance to playing a DK instead of spamming your AP into STR and DEX lol.

Currently I'm a level 6 beginner with no funding so I may as well have everything set instead of scrambling to wash later on lol

SO, reading up on the DK guide posted by Losj: it seems I'm gonna need to put in 80 AP into INT and then I'm sitting pretty adding AP normally into str/dex (dex up until 50) until I hit level 90, at which point I'm gonna have to spam my AP into HP until I hit my goal HP, after which I can begin using AP reset scrolls to put my excess MP/INT into STR.

Do I have it right?

2. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    12:35 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Yes, you are right. Many people don't do this though, but as a consequence they miss on the damage that berserk provides (170% at lvl 20 and 200% at lvl 30). For example, I have 125 ap in hp that i need to reset from mp into str, but I still do more damage than Rizo who is 10 lvls higher than me because he cant berserk and I can. I do 15k lines with berserk whereas his damage without berserk are 11k lines) Eventually you get the nx to wash the mp and int back and you end up being way stronger than the average dk :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    you don't really need base 80
    even base 40-50 int will be sufficient

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    krombopulos

krombopulos Blue Snail

Aug 13, 2017
    Grimaldus
    Warrior
    Right, and I leave the AP I put into HP alone right? Like those 125 AP you've put into HP are gonna stay in HP
    I've read similar, but then again I have no int gear and I'm not sure I'll be able to get any. Better safe than sorry right? lol

Plus I figure this will accelerate the process a little bit

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    12:35 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    They stay in hp because if you add 125 ap in hp, you remove 125 ap from mp and add it to str so you dont lose out on damage. For 18750 hp (which is 30k hp with hb) you will need around 220 ap resets (and points into hp) to have the hp goal by lvl 130.

6. OP
    OP
    krombopulos

krombopulos Blue Snail

Aug 13, 2017
    Grimaldus
    Warrior
    Gotcha! Thank you guys very much!

Looking forward to bossing with you one day ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. AGGrey

AGGrey Chronos

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    MistDragon
    Dark Knight
    Do you need to wait until you reach your hp goal to use ap resets? I think you can start washing mp into str as you go

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    5:35 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You don't have to wait, you just need to have enough mp to be able to wash.

9. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    nope as long as you're 2nd job and have the HP max up skill maxed, you can begin

• Like Like x 1
  10. Psswme

Psswme Blue Snail

Nov 4, 2017
    Raybans
    I'm currently making a DK, with 45 int, what level do you think i can fully finish washing?

11. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    depends on how much NX you have

if you mean what level, I usually assume 30k with HB on by level 150 or something u should be good to go XatEmo