1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

2x events

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lottamoose51, Sep 5, 2017.

1. lottamoose51

lottamoose51 Mushmom

Mar 29, 2015
    Male
    7:10 AM
    Weed
    Horizon
    A big nostalgic memory for me was checking the website and seeing there was a 2x event this weekend. I would immediately head to 7-11, get some mountaindew, doritos, 10k nx card, and call in sick for work. It meant this weekend was gonna be lit af for 4 straight hours. As saturday come round I head to the map 3 hours early to reserve my rightful spot fending off ksers until the countdown begins, i would head to cash shop to buy a 2x card for that godly 4x and my weekend grind would begin. It was so hectic with ksers but so fucking fun id level a shit ton and be able to log off satisfied. I am suggesting an occasional 2x event on weekends for about 4 hours period just like old school maplestory did it, you would see peak players and some fun times. Ksing should be allowed but thats up to the GMs i just feel like ksing might be inevitable in these hectic times but honestly having the 2x on weekends would be nostalgic as fuck so I hope you consider. I am an OG player, i started legends on release and i definitely have enough merit to suggest this, its something fun the server is missing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    5:10 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    the reason behind rates being 2/1/1 is cus theres no x2 exp ticket on cs

• Like Like x 1
  3. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Get your Doritos and mountain dew and quit your job since it's 2x already every day PogChamp

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    Solstice
    he said he wants 2x events for 4x xp

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    We all got that, however this has been suggested several times in the past and every time denied

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    i too am an OG player and i support this XatEmo

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 6
  7. Geepek

Geepek Blue Snail

Sep 4, 2017
    Male
    6:10 AM
    That is true but having a x1.5 exp (x2 exp sounds a little bit too much) event for like 4 hours during weekends or something sounds fun and a cool thing to look forward to during the week. It is true that sometimes after GM events We get GM buffs and such but that is pretty spontaneous... I think the proposal is a good idea (scratching the x2 exp coupons from cs of course) and I totally forgot those times where I used to go to LAN parties with my friends and grind like crazy for those x2 exp hours and afterwards wonder what we should buy with NX even when we were broke af and the NX cards where not available in our country.

8. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    4:10 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    x2 exp could be a nice event/reward. I just don't want to see it happens too often.

9. OP
    OP
    lottamoose51

lottamoose51 Mushmom

Mar 29, 2015
    Male
    Weed
    Horizon
    Latte??? Is that really you?? I miss you :( its Rich

10. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Should just change the exp rate to 4x already TriHard

11. Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Rich!! My boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

12. sriemac

sriemac Mano

Jun 19, 2017
    sriemac
    Paladin
    Essence
    In my view, it would be nice to see a 1.5x every month or two for a couple of hours but I don't know how well it would go. There would be the issue of scheduling the time since time zones can vary a lot. (if they do it for like 4 hours like they used to in GMS)

13. Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    If they were to do it then a solution would be to do it like how GMS does it now since the merge with EMS. 2x on GMS occurs twice a day, once when it's the best time frame for NA and again at the best time frame for EU. Though you could make the argument that it's unfair since the no-lifers will have 2x twice but honestly the no-lifers will be ahead regardless of 2x or not.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  14. Hexsyz

Hexsyz Mano

Aug 19, 2017
    5:10 AM
    Hexsyz
    I'd pay for 2x coupons but other than that, its fine as is

15. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    With announced times for boosted rates, we'll probably see lag spikes in the chart (not to mention it'll provide possible DDoSers to take aim to piss off the most amount of people in a small time frame). With unannounced times for boosted rates, you'll have people complaining about not getting to partake.

Pick your poison, or even better, don't.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Empower

Empower Blue Snail

Sep 5, 2017
    Male
    Empower
    Warrior
    Nintendo
    I would actually prefer to not have x2 exp events or hourly increased exp events in general because it would share the same problem as it had in GMS where everyone would log on for 4 hours and train their ass off and then proceed to not do anything for the whole week until the next x2 exp event. It would hinder most peoples progress with their characters than help them IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. NoJobNoRules

NoJobNoRules Orange Mushroom

Sep 1, 2017
    NoJobNoRules
    Islander
    Amherst
    A potential solution to this could be giving every account an Untradeable, one time use 2x EXP coupon (a la what you could buy in the gMS Cash Shop). Once used, it starts a timer on that character for X hours.

This would give players the opportunity when to use it and wouldn't cause any issues of large amounts of activity at once (or over-population on popular training maps).

That being said, I don't think 2x EXP is necessary. The grind in gMS was painfully slow, so a small boost (2x) is appreciated. Anything more, and I think it changes the feel of how things are.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    4:10 AM
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    We do, it's 24/7 and it's lit.