1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Which warrior job is the best and why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rod, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    10:50 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    No one's blaming you or the class? Even if rage was buffed it doesn't change the fact that hero's are a braindead class. You can make the argument about building up orbs but you get those from attacking which you're going to do anyway. That's not taking anything away from hero's I find them fun personally dish is such a fun skill and super satisfying skill to use but uh yeah they're arguably one of the most simplest classes in the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    3:50 PM
    That post was directed to Stance, as he said this has been discussed several times but it doesn't change anything. So, when he calls a job braindead, hopefully he's not referring to the users that pick them and yes the ones who designed them. However, in my opinion they were well designed, just the addition of overpowered attack potions that made Rage useless is bad game design.

Also, this is a nostalgic server, remember? Back in the day, you didn't have any information regarding the skills in every job or videos displaying them as we have nowadays. I blindly picked Fighter without knowing what skills I would have in the 3rd job and 4th job, the maximum level I ever got with a warrior (fighter) was around lvl 40s... So, it's normal to have questions why some jobs have more beneficial skills than others, because now that I've trained with a few Dark Knights, their 3rd job seems way stronger than a Crusader's who are still stuck with 1st job skills...
    Take mages for example as well, cleric have AoE at 2nd job, i/l have AoE at 2nd job, f/p don't have any decent AoE until 4th job. And not only that, clerics later on have Holy Symbol that gives them more EXP from monsters and genesis that costs less MP than Blizzard and Meteor Shower.... bowmaster also much stronger than marksman. All of the jobs in v62 were poorly balanced as this is low version after the official release and they were still working on the game, but most of us prefer these older maple versions because we want only these very oldschool jobs and not the other overpowered ones that were added later. Fortunately there has been some balancing in this server and a lot of unpicked jobs are now being picked, but still v62 jobs were never balanced and they still require a lot of work.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  3. spiritbaeber

spiritbaeber Orange Mushroom

Jun 5, 2017
    7:50 AM
    SpiritSaber
    Hero
    Animals
    We really are one of the simplest classes in the game. But simple does not mean anything derogatory. Each class has its own benefits and detriments and what's the point of having a complicated class if most cannot even appropriately utilize its potential to the fullest?

On a different subject make rage great again. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    it's buffed on this server from 10 attack > 15 attack

5. spiritbaeber

spiritbaeber Orange Mushroom

Jun 5, 2017
    SpiritSaber
    Hero
    Animals
    Yes, I understand that it's buffed, but it's been buffed from utter shitdoodoo to borderline unusable (aka people groaning) in parties still. It's something that's low priority though so just speaking through a hero's perspective.

• Like Like x 2
  6. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    I mean compared to another 2nd job skill like hyper body, yes.
    It's still somewhat useful as it's superior to warrior elixirs (12 ATT, the highest attack purchasable potion that stacks in a single slot), and more useful than ciders (which give 20ATT, 5 more than rage, but take one slot per item) making them unpractical.

Agreed maybe it could use some buffs.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    4:50 PM
    Beginner
    Why not just change it to 5% attack?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Rufus

Rufus Slime

May 27, 2017
    Male
    Rufus
    Paladin
    Villains
    tfw you disagree with someone's comment, and it triggers them.. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Priye

Priye Mushmom

Jul 20, 2017
    Male
    California
    Priye
    Priest
    Influence
    I like dragonknights because dragonroar+dragonbuster = best looking skills in the game!! >:O

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    10:50 PM
    Crusader
    Methinks it's not very fair to compare Rage to Hyper Body. For starters, Rage is maxed out at lvl 20, so the closer equivalent in the spearman's skill book should be Iron Will.

12. OP
    OP
    Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    3:50 PM
    While we're at it, don't buy big foot toes from Doofus Rufus, he'll scam you.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Marc Antony

Marc Antony Master Chronos

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    This is a fair point. Rage vs Hyper Body seems really one sided, but Rage + Power Guard vs Hyper Body + Iron Body isn't so much.

For real though, what's up with ya'll, talking about how Rage isn't good enough when it's 15 free Watk, whereas Threaten is literally the worst skill in the game

• Funny Funny x 1