1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Restart - September 13, 2017

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    11:07 AM
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    Yes, it might just be.
    The fact that you say that confirms for me that one of the main reasons for nerfing goby is because the staff believes it is overpowered. So what if it is?

Many things are overpowered in 0.62 maple. What's next, skele nerf? Bishop nerf? If you guys want to start playing the balance game, there are many many things that are far more overpowered then a meso farm spot, which requires 3 medium to high leveled characters and a very funded bishop to be able to farm there efficiently.

You want to claim that there are too many mesos entering the game from the few people that are farming at that spot? Sure. Then compensate the nerf in other ways. That OR start nerfing stuff that is actually overpowered.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We, Private Servers never use the authentic GMS-like drops. So no, Gobies were not necessary as OP in GMS as they are here. This is also why I still think stating drop rates in a server (ex: 1x drop) is worthless, since in end we still use 'custom' values in the database, since we do not have Neckson's drop database.

An other example is Royals which stated for longest time (and still now) that they are 2x drop, but they have much higher equipment drop rates (as admitted by Matt in past) than 2x.

The same is for Legends. We are 1x drop, but we do not have Neckson's data, so its still 'custom' in end.

If we believe a drop is overpowered, then it gets nerfed and balanced. This happened in 2015-2016, and it happens now. The difference now is that we are willing to be transparent about it, while previously it were 'stealth' nerf/buffs at times.

We are still very, very generous on the current nerf, so the changes are barely noticeable, as previously we wanted make a bigger step right away immediately, but we did choose to make small steps instead.

If however we make further changes to Gobies, it will once again be announced.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Goron

Goron Red Snail

Aug 15, 2017
    Male
    Goron
    Fighter, Page
    Disney
    Disagree with you here. ^ My entire buddylist + guild has been complaining about 3 / 4 equips in 1 hour of grinding. Being transparent is appreciated, but that doesn't mean it's a good change. I'm not sure how you can say the changes are barely noticeable if everyone's complaining about it- rises the next question, why change it if it's not noticeable anyway.

Ohwell, I'm just a level 70 scrub, what do I know about gobies. </3

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    5:07 AM
    Centaur & Chaste
    If you read the other posts in this thread so far, they show very small variances; with one hour leading to 16 equips for one.
    I think I'd give a proper run there before giving out complaints; there's obviously a lot of variance and a single hour isn't going to give reasonable stats.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. RaIph

RaIph Slime

Aug 23, 2017
    Male
    Netherlands
    RaIph
    I just did one hour of goby's with a one-shotting bishop, and i will do more hours once i have time to do some more data-collecting, but this is what came out of this single hour.
    Buffs used : HB, Meso up & Haste
    Mesos before selling equips : 6,091,868
    Mesos after selling equips,pots,etc items found : 8,880,962
    Other drops that i don't NPC : 1x CFA 60%, 1x Pet equip speed 60%, 24 Black crystal ores, 18 LUK Crystal ores.

I'll post again when i have more data to provide :)

6. DarkHero7

DarkHero7 Mano

Mar 3, 2017
    Male
    DarkHero7
    Assassin
    Labyrinth
    Yeah like you said if you think a drop rate is overpowered nerf and balance it. But it was not really overpowered.
    Yeah during the event goby was maybe a bit OP but that was just during te event. Same goes for skele. During the event i did get like 3 mil+ in 1 hour from equips at skele. That + the exp + the leech money is really overpowered too. But that was just during the event too. Else that should be nerfed too...
    Maybe you should discuss it with the playerbase first like you did with the ap reset price change?

7. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    3:07 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    FrancoFranco holy shit confirmed, it really did happen

8. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    4:07 AM
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/maker-skill-proposal-discussing-pros-and-cons.5041/

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. imadde

imadde Mixed Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Sauron/Login/Play.
    Bishop
    Demure
    I know i said i was gonna post once i did 10 hours, but im not sure i can play this weekend so i will just post my 4 hours i managed to do so far, and post the other 6 hours later. I know it was just eq drops that got nerfed, but ill post scroll/ore drops anyways.

1 hour 9.3m without ores/scrolls. 18 equips, 10 luk ores, 33 bc. 1 cfa, 5 gfa, 1 pet speed.

2 hour 10.6m without ores/scrolls. 19 equips, 13 luk ores, 37 bc. 1 cfa, 2 pet speed, 1 hunting ticket.

3 hour 10m. without ores/scrolls. 21 equips, 9 luk ores 33 bc. 2 cfa, 1 pet speed, 1 oa int. 1 hunting ticket.

4 hour 11.3m without ores/scrolls. 23 equips (1red surfboard 1meso npc value),19 luk ores, 18 bc, 1 gfa.

Edit. with Meso up mule standing in fm.

Around 1.2m minus in pot money per hour.

• Informative Informative x 5
  10. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    2:07 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    another excuse to do the ToT quests :D