1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bow or xbow

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Awleh, Oct 5, 2017.

What should i chose?

1. Bow

53.2%
  2. Crossbow

46.8%
  1. OP
    OP
    Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    2:09 AM
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Can someone tell me why arrowbomb is so much better then iron arrow? Like yea overall damage is higher on arrow bomb. But is there any difference in range or something?

I know zombielupins are supposed to be best grindspot for hunters. But not for crossbowmen. I dont understand it.

2. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Idk, I like xbow more since you see a lot of bowmasters. I also like the animations of xbow better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Arrow bomb has a big area of effect. Which means it's attacks mobs infront of you, above you, under you (everywhere). Iron Arrow only hits mobs infront of you. Which means it wont work at lupins since you will only hit one platform instead of 3(?).

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    That makes total sense. Thanks for clearing that up. That means grinding 30-70 is alot easier for hunters.

5. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    3:09 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    As a nooby 'lil huntress I recommend bows, unless you're really hardcore and a fast leveller.
    But you seem more like someone who enjoys the journey, and you're not even sure how long you'll stick to the class so I recommend bows. It's just better mobbing.

Crossbows are cool too, though, and if you want to try out a less mainstream class or you like their style go for it. It's just a game.

6. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    8:09 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I think it's pretty much agreed that Bowmasters are objectively the better class due to their 2nd and 4th jobs- that's why throughout the history of Maplestory bowmasters have always, always outnumbered xbowmen by light years.

However, xbowmen do have their 4th job significantly buffed in ML, making them better at competing (even though bowmasters still do eventually outclass them with better scaling.)

Besides that, I'd argue that the main reason to pick xbowmen are to be unique, which is, btw a very viable reason. It's fun to have people pause in the middle of their tracks, look at you with the F6 emoticon and say "woah, rare job". That's why I play both paladin and xbowmen- I just can't stand the idea of being mainstream. You still get SE as an xbowmen, which is one of the hugest reasons for archers to be in a party anyway

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Thanks for the good summary!

Right now im struggling a little because i also wanna be a rare job and have cheap scrolls. But the fact that 2nd job is so much faster for a hunter makes me have doubts. Specially considering i might not even make this high level ever, unless i fall in love with the job as i level up

8. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    well you still have a lot of time to decide :3

12 levels, halloween maintenence and does anoying ddos give you a lot of time to think it over :D

9. Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    1:09 AM
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    This. Be hipster with us pls.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    xbow because that sounds cooler than bow

• Like Like x 1
  11. tkleong

tkleong Snail

Aug 2, 2017
    Male
    BaiChiDONUT
    Hunter
    DONUT
    a bow user here~
    from my experience, i also do enjoy the arrow bomb feeling at monkey forest, but it will start getting slow exp at around 6x lvl...
    at that time, i wish i am a xbow who can use iron arrow which more efficient than arrow bomb in MP3 or FOG which the layout are flat...
    somemore, xbow can have a 100% freeze skill at 3rd job and better mobbing skill at 4th job, while bow only have certain rate to stun the mob and hurricane all the way?

12. OP
    OP
    Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    This is some solid info! Thanks.

And also: Arrow bomb might be strongest on 6 targets since they deal same % damage on all.

But iron arrow is stronger if there are fewer mobs :D

I THINK IM GOING XBOW F5 Cheap scrolls <3

• Like Like x 2
  13. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    My opinion on this, go xbow.

Firstly , scrolls are cheaper compared to bowmaster.
    Secondly, the number of xbowman is far lesser than that of bowmasters, its easier to stand out this way.
    Thirdly, hurricane from 4th job onwards to level 200 is the most boring thing ever. And like what others mentioned. If you're looking for DPS I rather you go Nightlord ( TT from 4th job onwards to 200 similar to that of bowmaster) than debating over bowmaster or xbowman, in the first place bowmans are sort of a semi support/dps role. I will go xbowman as changing skills between snipe/strafe etc to kill mobs sound better to me.
    Then again these are all my own personal opinion. Hope that helps!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    7:09 PM
    Paladin
    AB can stun and curve. IA does more damage but doesn't stun and goes horizontal. iron arrow is much better for map layouts like terrance hall though

don't forget you get freeze too at 3rd and 4th job as marksman

15. jlimlim

jlimlim Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Bobo
    Corsair
    BoboFamily
    Just to add, with the new maps at kerning square. Level 35 to 50 is easy to grind at CDs for xbowman as well.

16. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    3:09 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    its taipei 101 not kerning square which is 60~100 (iirc) you could check the thread to make sure of recommended levels

• Like Like x 1
  17. Marc Antony

Marc Antony Master Chronos

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    5:09 PM
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    Bow for swag
    Xbow for xswag

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    IM OFFICIALLY AN XBOWMAN!!!

Thanks for the help everyone! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    7:09 PM
    Paladin
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    Hijacking this thread for a bit... Just curious: how different is the gameplay like for bowmen vs. crossbowmen? Or do they not differ much at all?

In case my question wasn't really clear... for instance, in 2nd job, clerics can jump into a crowd of undead mobs and spam Heal, while F/P wizards would prefer to keep their distance and snipe.