1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Request to re-open Summoning Sack Mayhem contest.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zeretius, Oct 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    5:44 AM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    I wanted to formally request that my thread Summoning Sack Mayhem be re-open. The staff has brought back summoning sacks for Halloween and this player event would actually be helpful to the problem. Why? may you ask, I will be listing some pros and cons.

Pros:

- Encourages consuming the monster bags this month. Therefore there wont be as many left after October.
    - Discourages sacks from being stockpiled, since users can make mesos from this event.
    - Discourages map holding. People AFK holding maps have a higher chance of getting killed creating a high turnover rate for needed maps as the player population is higher during the event.
    - Discourages leeching. Especially full AFK leech, you actually have to play the game this month.
    - Discourages killing levels 1-10, being awarded 0 kill points.

Cons:
    - Encourages killing players. Losing exp is annoying especially at higher levels.
    - May be a turn off to newer players level 10-75. However, people will do this anyways without the player event.

Furthermore, the event doesn't promote harassment due to only being able to obtain Kill points from unique individuals per player. Example - Zeretius got killed by Arya, Arya cannot obtain kill points from Zeretius again.

Why bring an item like this into the game if they're illegal?

They could also just get deleted from the game if the staff feels this strongly about them. Otherwise I think we need to buckle down and push through this horrific item, Using them as fast as possible to avoid future problems.

- "That's like the Mayor bringing cocaine into the city then saying "Oh don't do cocaine, you'll go to jail for it"" - Anonymous

Feel free to add to pros and cons.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. JustAPig

JustAPig Master Chronos

Jul 8, 2017
    Vancouver Canada Taipei Taiwan LosAngeles US
    2:44 AM
    JustAPig
    Chief Bandit
    Honor
    I would really love to see them bringing back more summoning sack

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    5:44 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    While I feel like it is a giant dick move to kill afk leechers (don't give me that bullshit about it being "healthy because it discourages leeching", everyone does this and you know it), the fact that the staff allowed this to be introduced then banned any sort of public organized sport really is contradictory and frankly confusing. Like either don't introduce it or embrace it and go all the way?

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    honestly, your entire thread is about encouraging other players to kill each other.
    and some of youre justification is for ex. 'to discourage leechers/afkers' or to 'promote the use, so they get used up quickly'
    those are dumb reasons.
    and just because killing low level player doesnt award any points for your game/thread, do you think it wont happen? theyre the easiest targets. and it seem people who want summoning sacks are only out to kill players, which i cant understand why...
    i thought people wanted to use them to kill creatures/bosses to get loot & so they wouldnt have to travel to that place, or something along those lines

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  5. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    6:44 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Whoever is sensitive enough to cry over dying in a virtual game, should leave the internet/games and wait for maturity to hit

• Agree Agree x 14
  6. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    11:44 AM
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    I think the game is hilarious and I would love going to the forum and see someone gathering points for killing my char. Its way better then just being randomly killed which will propably happen anyways..

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. OP
    OP
    Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Please expand on why they're "dumb reasons".

'to discourage leechers/afkers' - Yes, since its 10% exp event the population is slightly higher than normal and summoning sacs will encourage users to press the FM button when they afk. Leading to high turnover rate on populated maps like skele's, petris, gs2 giving other players a chance to level at these maps.

'promote the use, so they get used up quickly' - Yes, The faster you use the items the faster they're out of the game. People will want to use them instead of stockpiling, so we don't have summoning sacs for the next year floating around.

EDIT: It's a shit situation because i doubt the staff wanted these in game, you have some options. Delete them completely, Disable them, buckle up and use them as fast as possible, or stockpile for future and catch people off guard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    its not about crying or being mature. you all recognize its annoying. but i guess killing other player is so fun for you that it outweighs the cons. so, you know its annoying, but you still want to do it to others, because its fun for you... that sounds immature to me

you dont need a game/thread to do any of these...
    if someone is afking/leeching, someone with a summoning sack will do what they want. why do they need a game/thread for this?

your logic for using them quickly isnt wrong, its just not a good reason. because you could just use them for killing the summoned creatures/boss, and i dont know... not use them to try and kill people...

what if someone who has alot of time on their hand, i dont know, someone >level 190 *cough*, runs around trying to kill people.

die a couple of times and see if youre not mad.
    and for the people who are saying 'buy safety charms noob', what if youre trying to get an exp hairstyle? or saving up for ap resets? or saving up for gach?
    and for the people who are going to say 'theyre really cheap', so... for someone else to have fun i have to waste my own nx? even if its a small amount, its still not justified

so, to add to your 'pro' list 'its fun to kill people'

Zeretius answer

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  10. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    kill all men

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    12:44 PM
    All men must die.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    1. How hard is it to click the fm button to be safe from summoning bags? If you die afking at a mob map, you were probably trying to hog it to use it later in which case you deserved to get killed if they needed the map. If it was because you were afk leeching, killing leechers actually goes in favor of the staff's beliefs that they actually dislike leeching.
    2. How hard is it to spend nx on safety charms by using nx which is a currency you get for free by voting?
    3. It is only annoying if the death means something important (like not being able to keep going on a boss run, missing some loot, etc.) not when it only means you lose a map you weer hogging

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    4:44 AM
    Paladin
    yaaas queen slay

14. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    1. 'How hard is it to click the fm button to be safe from summoning bags?' so we have to be punished for not clicking the fm button?
    'you were probably trying to hog it to use it later' so you dont know for certain? what if someone is answering the phone/door/other person. oh right! you cant know for certain...
    'killing leechers actually goes in favor of the staff's beliefs that they actually dislike leeching' wrong the staff have been saying 'killing people is bad' & 'leeching is allowed'
    2. its not hard... seems you ignored what i said after. i.e. what if youre trying to use nx for something else, so i have to buy more charms because someone thinks im afking, or someone wants to kill me for fun.
    3. 'It is only annoying if the death means something important' didnt realize you get to decide whats important & not important for others
    again youre entire argument is based on if the person was hogging a map
    youre argument is based on a specific situation. for which you dont know the real answer.
    and no where does it state in zeretius's game/thread, that you must specifically kills leechers/afkers. it just says it discourages that. the point of his game/thread is to kill people, regardless if they are leechers/afkers. why dont you address that aswell?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

10:44 AM
    Found out summoning bags might expire after event so i gave my 6 bags to Zeretius. #doublekill

16. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    You just twist words and aint nobody got time to discuss with someone like that :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    nice...
    they were youre words, i just expanded on them i.e. why youre logic is flawed. if i am wrong, then kindly point them out. if you cant, well maybe you should reconsider what you wrote

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    TheDudeTheDude go play in your safehouse bro, we don't need crybabies here XatEmo

19. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    nice ad hominem, offers no reasoning as to why im wrong, but insults me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    2:44 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    S> leech PM @greenwaves. thank you

• Disagree Disagree x 1