1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Rant] Why are there people over 80 at GS2.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by james nowak, Oct 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziren

Ziren Orange Mushroom

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Macau
    12:04 PM
    Ziren
    Vodka
    "[Rant] Why are there people over 80 at GS2."

Is this post a question or a statement?

2. OP
    OP
    james nowak

james nowak Mushmom

Oct 16, 2017
    Male
    11:04 AM
    Pirate
    So I make sense yet, I’m handicapped. Sounds like an insult to me. It’s all good tough skin. But if I were to flip the switch and insult you I’m sure you would be quick to report it.

It’s all good, being right usually springs a wave of haters. Chao~

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    james nowak

james nowak Mushmom

Oct 16, 2017
    Male
    Pirate
    Hmmmm... I do believe I see the word “rant” in the title. But idk...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    1:04 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    That is simply your own emotional take on the situation.
    As i have already previously stated, there's nothing wrong with anyone regardless of their level using a map if it fulfills a need.
    And with regards to the matter of needs, why should there be a need for people to always head for the "optimal area" for grinding/training when there are alternatives?
    I certainly did not complain back in 2007 when i was playing and had to look for other non-meta training spots and neither did i do so when i started playing this year.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    james nowak

james nowak Mushmom

Oct 16, 2017
    Male
    Pirate
    So answer me this, if candies drop everywhere and there are maps with far better spawn why would anyone put in the effort to take over a map people want?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Shinohara

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    The keyword here is "want".
    To put it in a crude sense, someone will always lose if there's a conflict of interest in the same thing which is applicable to this scenario.
    They want an area for hunting as much as you want it for training, there is neither right or wrong since the concept applies both ways.
    ---
    "Why should you hunt here when you can hunt in other places that are better?"
    "Why should you train here when you can train in other places that are better?"

I understand that this is a rant but please understand that there too are some bounds you should not overstep regardless of how right you think your thoughts are.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    2:04 AM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    GS2 is a popular map for farming candies because of the spawn, the teleporters, the stairs, and because it has a super duper easy rotation. You can farm at gs2 without even looking at the screen. It's also popular with a lot of high level bishops and arch mages due the nefred drop rates from ultimate skills like genesis, blizzard, and meteor. I Think the nerf has something to do with cast time of a skill so bishops and mages need to farm a lowish level mob that they can 1 hit KO with a skill that has a quick cast time like heal, making GS2 the perfect map.

^ im not sure if the nerfs are working how i have described them but the staff don't ever really give a clean answer about the custom drop rates for mage classes. All we know is gene = :poop: and heal = :candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy::candy:

P.S You sound like a bitch.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Because it's the most afk map in the game and still gives pretty good exp. I stayed at Ghost Ship until around early 90s because I was making so much money and it was easy. But also the server was far less populated back then. The other Ghost Ship maps are good too though and still provide the easy grinding.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. Stow

Stow Mixed Golem

Apr 30, 2017
    12:04 AM
    Dazzle
    Magician
    WHY ARE THERE LEVEL 180 CHARACTERS AT SKELES WHEN ITS CLEARLY A MAP FOR LVL 120-150 SMH

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  10. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    6:04 PM
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    OnionPanic

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    james nowak

james nowak Mushmom

Oct 16, 2017
    Male
    Pirate
    Hogging a map for person gain, good job. It was your choice to choose a class that heavily relies on an ultimate to be effienct. There are far better maps to choose from when it comes to farming, but then again people can’t think outside the box.

Candies drop every so there’s a variety of maps to choose from but instead you choose to be salty and resort to name calling because you’re wrong.

There have been no bounds that have been stepped on my end. Everyone agrees there are better maps to farm at seeing as THEY DROP EVERYWHERE. Nobody can give me a real reason for this nonsense without name calling.

Funny, only people getting offended are the ones who seem to be using the map.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    james nowak

james nowak Mushmom

Oct 16, 2017
    Male
    Pirate
    So you would bring a level 90 or hell even a 130 to gs2 to grind? I question your motives but admire you’re quest for a challenge.

Comparing this to a map for level 50 vs being stuck at skeles is like comparing apples to oranges. It just doesn’t make sense.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    Why are people taking this thread seriously LUL

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. Shinohara

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    If you wish to persist with that sort of thought then i believe there's nothing else to discuss about.
    I wish you luck in finding the answer that you are looking for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    12:04 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    This is your smurf forum account to troll everyone isnt it MapleF1

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. LGSL4Y3R

LGSL4Y3R Red Snail

Oct 23, 2017
    Male
    LGSL4Y3R
    Beginner
    Slay3Rs4L1f3
    wow kill em kill em with fire james!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. OP
    OP
    james nowak

james nowak Mushmom

Oct 16, 2017
    Male
    Pirate
    You think it’s trolling but cannot proves me wrong. Geez, I wonder who the troll is then.

Dude, you’re trying to hard to argue a point you can’t win with. You obviously use the map and don’t give a shit about new players. If that’s how you live you’re life then fine, but I don’t agree with you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. LGSL4Y3R

LGSL4Y3R Red Snail

Oct 23, 2017
    Male
    LGSL4Y3R
    Beginner
    Slay3Rs4L1f3
    "Nonchalant is the key" - Abraham Lincoln

19. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    5:04 PM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    Why are the new players nowadays all so self entitled? If people wanted to farm at a specific map for whatever reason then who are you to say they are taking up YOUR designated map. It's first come first serve, shut up and grind elsewhere if that map is full.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    james nowak

james nowak Mushmom

Oct 16, 2017
    Male
    Pirate
    WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, after doing some recon on my mage turns out there are 2+ maps that do the same thing in GS.
    who would have guessed..... *cough*gs1, *cough*gs6... dam I have a really bad cough. Just tested the spawn rate on those including mp3. Looks like theyre all the same.

I'm gonna stick with the conclusion that some people are assholes and just wanna hog the map to piss people off. Maplelegends trolls everywhere. @_@

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.