1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for Infinite HP Washing Help

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by mazi, Nov 9, 2017.

1. mazi

mazi Mushmom

Aug 23, 2017
    Male
    Soundcloud
    11:11 AM
    mazi
    Beginner
    Hello fellow hardcore washers I have a question for you.
    Actually it's not so much of a question, I just would like to have my thought process proofread.
    From what I understand, regular HP washing is as follows:

(As I am a thief with super high base int, all below examples will assume I have enough excess MP to perform the actions and that my prime stat is LUK)

1. 1 Fresh AP into HP (Gain 16~20 HP)
    2. Drag 1 AP from MP into LUK (Lose 12 MP, Gain 1 LUK)

This makes total sense to me, as you are investing 1 point into HP then pulling out a MP to fill back LUK.
    If I understand correctly, you can never pull MP to fill into LUK if you don't put a point into HP first.
    In other words, assuming you have an access 3k MP, you can't just drag all of those excess MP into LUK without putting fresh AP into HP. (aka trying to do 2. without doing 1.)

If all my above assumptions are correct, then I would need some explanations on how MP washing/infinite HP washing works.

From the people I've talked to (1) and the guides I've seen (also 1),
    They all seem to imply the following:

Assuming we're washing in bulk and not AP per AP,

1. For a set amount of levels (say 30), dump all Fresh AP into MP except for 1
    2. Once the 30 levels are up, stop leveling for simplicity's sake
    3. Put that 1 Fresh AP you saved into HP
    4. Now you may begin to wash "infinitely"

There are then two things needed to be done.
    a) Drag back all the MP you originally invested from fresh level-up back into LUK (30 levels dumped into MP except for 1 which is used for HP, (30*5)-1=149 AP back into LUK)
    b) Drag excess MP into HP with resets until your MP pool hits minimum* (this is what I don't understand, will revisit this later) OR, if doing this step first, calculate how much excess MP you can drag into HP so you don't accidentally reset "fresh" stats

After talking to the person and reading Hiyo's Guide to Infinity Washing (https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/how-to-wash-to-infinity.17229/), I realized they both have different orders for (a) and (b). From that, I assume you are allowed to do them in whichever order you prefer. Personally I prefer Hiyo's method (a then b), as this way I wouldn't have to calculate how much MP I'm allowed to drag into HP, because all my "fresh" AP have already been dragged back into LUK.

If the above reasoning is correct, then please allow me to revisit (b), where I drag my excess MP into HP until pool hits minimum, so pretty much an infinite cycle of washing while keeping my level stationary.

I don't understand how the game allows for this?

Under the same concept, then, instead of cycling dragging MP into HP, wouldn't you be able to drag MP into LUK for infinite LUK?

For regular HP washing, you must click 1 fresh AP into HP in order to drag MP into LUK.
    For infinity HP washing, it seems as if, as long as you invested 1 initial fresh AP into HP, you're allowed to drag as many MP into HP as you want until your pool hits minimum. Is this true?

To end my opening post, I apologize if my thoughts seem scattered.
    I wrote this in a brain-dump sense, as really I just want to understand how infinity washing works.

Please correct all mistakes I made, or let me know if my assumptions are correct.
    Thank you and thanks for reading :)

P.S. For the people too lazy to click HiyoHiyo 's link above, here is a screenshot of what has me confused:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    9:11 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    The game allows the infinite loop of mp to hp because they are considered as 1 stat (so basically ur taking 1 stat away from hp/mp pool and then adding into the hp/mp pool).

Where as -hp/mp into a stat is different, its like having 5 stat pools but 1 is split into two being hp/mp pool that is.

Your maximum stat amount is 200*5 +5 (3rd job advancement) + 25(from rolling dice) = 1030

i should revisit has some minor issues tbh monkaS

3. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    2:11 PM
    The basis of "Infinite Washes" revolves on MP washing.
    What this number is based on is your BASE INT, and does not include any equips and any buffs such as Maple Warrior.

You can gain an absurd amount of MP from MP washing, that goes beyond anything you can do with the traditional method.

Take for this example,
    Player 1 and Player 2 have the same base INT = 100, are the same class, and same level.
    However Player 1 will do the traditional washing method, while Player 2 will do say ... 20 levels of mp washing.
    Say they are both level 50, and are the thief class. Also assume that Player 1 has 100 INT in equips while Player 2 has nothing.

Player 1 has a total of 200 INT which equates to 20MP per level.
    Lets say he levels 20 times, 20*20 = 400 MP gained from leveling with INTS.
    400/12 = 33.33 washes total.

Player 2 has a total of 100 INT which equates to 10MP per level.
    Lets say he levels 20 times, 10*20 = 200 MP gained from leveling.
    In addition he MP washes every stat he gains from the 20 levels.
    (100/10)-2 = 8MP per MP wash.
    20*5 = 100 AP total from 20 levels.
    100*8 = 800 MP gained from MP washing 20 levels.
    Total to 1000 MP from both MP washing and leveling.
    1000/12 = 83.33 washes total.

Even without monetary funds such as INT equips, the difference between MP washing and not MP washing is quite evident.
    With similar stats, you're looking at almost 50 washes difference.
    You also have to note that it scales much better with the higher base INT you have.
    ex. Having 320 Base INT will give you 30MP PER AP STAT!

So after gaining the required MP you need, all you do is HP wash normally.
    Level up and use the "fresh AP" put into HP>Take out from MP>Put into primary/secondary stat.

Or you can do the loop method,
    Take out from any stat > Put into HP > Take out from MP > Put into HP > Take out from MP > Put into HP .... and so on.

What's the difference between these 2 methods?
    1st method gives the option of gaining a bit more HP, this number is about 16-20. While the second method only gives a flat value of 16.
    1st method will depend on you to level in order to HP wash, since you need the fresh AP stat. While the second method does no require you to level.

4. OP
    OP
    mazi

mazi Mushmom

Aug 23, 2017
    Male
    Soundcloud
    mazi
    Beginner
    Thanks for your replies HiyoHiyo and HyoonHyoon
    I'm trying to thoroughly understand this so I'm just going to cut straight to the point,
    apologize for the bluntness in advance.

The above I already know

This above is just the regular HP washing method

This above has me confused. Did you make a typo?
    Why would I ever take out a prime stat to put into HP?
    As far as I'm aware of, the only two occasions where I'd be adding a point to HP is
    1. Fresh AP from Level up
    2. Take out from MP to put into HP
    Washing a prime stat into HP... if I recall correctly that doesn't do anything aside from giving you +16 HP and -1 Prime Stat.

With that being said,
    I assume you meant "Level up AP > Put into HP" in the initial process.

This I know,
    but as with the initial intention of this post,
    I'm trying to understand the mechanic behind it.
    now to Hiyo's reply:

This makes sense in theory, but by personal experience on a character I previously HP washed on (with the regular method), I could not transfer any of my excess MP into HP even though I had an excess 400MP sitting above my minimum and have washed many times (the reason I had MP sitting waiting is because I haven't invested enough points into HP for me to wash them 1 for 1).

Now hear me out... This is what I assume to be going on, in the easiest way I can put into words:

Could it be possible that there are 4 types of mana?

a) Base minimum mana. Mana gained naturally through leveling omitting all the int.
    b) Base Level-Up INT Mana. Mana gained through leveling up with bonus base INT stats.
    c) Base added Mana. Mana gained through adding a point into MP omitting INT. (Always a flat 12)
    d) Added INT Mana. Total mana gained through adding a point into MP minus Base added Mana. (Value of mana gained from adding a point into MP minus value C)

For this conversation (a) is irrelevant.

Now, if we were to wash regularly on a character, there will be no C and D, as you won't be adding any points into MP. This only allows for regular washing, as from experience, you cannot use an AP reset to -1 MP +1 HP. From this, we can take that type B mana cannot directly transfer into HP, and is different from the mp/hp pool Hiyo mentioned in his reply.

Now, if we were to MP wash on a character: it is said that you can now -1 MP +1 HP with AP resets. The way I'm understanding it, and the only possible reason this can happen, is with the new presence of type D mana. You will still wash type B mana regularly as they come, but the newly gained type D mana is of the same pool as your health pool. This, assuming if I'm correct, is the type of mana Hiyo explained in his reply, and is the mana that can be washed directly into your HP.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  5. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    Because if all you do is do the normal method there will be a distinct cap to how many washes you can do.
    This is mostly pertaining to Hiyo's "Infinite Washing", and high amount of HP as the end goal.

Let's say you have want 18k HP, which is a high amount.
    You'd need about 350 Base INT to reach this goal at a decent level, which is obtained at level 70.
    You would need to MP wash around 30-40 levels, but for this case let's just say 30.
    Assuming you use every single level up after 100 to wash your character that would be;
    5*100 = 500 washes
    Let's assume that you get the average amount of HP
    18*500 = 9000 HP
    Let's also assume you have 5.6k at 200.
    5600+9000 = 14600 HP
    You would still not reach your goal.

The method behind the "infinite loop" wash method is the ability to not depend on "fresh AP".
    Yes you can begin the process of infinite looping by putting a "fresh AP" into the HP/MP pool and looping them.
    But if you don't have fresh AP or AP in the HP/MP pool you will have to take out from a primary/secondary stat.

You would only need 1 AP in to HP/MP pool to take out from MP and pump into HP again.
    The process would look something like this.

1. Put 1 AP into HP (either from fresh AP, or resetting a primary stat into HP)
    2. Use a reset and take out from MP, place the AP back into HP
    3. Repeat step 2 until you are satisfied or run out of useable MP (This is where the loop begins)
    4. When you are done with HP washing, then you place the AP back into primary/secondary. (Remember to save 1 more wash or you'll have to yoink it out from HP)

This process is only needed if you are washing high amounts of HP as there is a cap to how much fresh AP you obtain through leveling.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Nrii

Nrii Brown Teddy

Aug 13, 2017
    Skele
    GuiltySymbol
    Bishop
    Influence
    Thanks, very informative.
    So if i'm getting this right, the best way to maximize your hp gain would be to use fresh AP for as many levels as possible to get that increased hp gain.

For example:
    Get 350 base int: Level ~70
    MP wash X levels: Level 100 or so

And at this point, once you have finished your MP wash, start fresh AP hp washing for as many levels as tolerable/possible.
    Fresh AP hp wash from lv ~100 to 155: +16-20 hp per wash

Then at this point If you're sick of having INT, you can reset all the INT to LUK/DEX, then loop hp wash for the remainder of your MP pool.​

The above method is nice because after resetting all INT to primary attribute, you will then have a playable character.
    At this point you can let the NX slowly come in and either:
    Loop hp wash at whatever level - get flat 16 hp per wash
    or
    Fresh AP wash to get that nicer 16-20 hp per wash​

It also won't get u to 18k necessarily, but it'll get u a lot.
    Are there any fundamental problems with this approach HyoonHyoon

7. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    Using simply the normal method won't equate to 18k hp. But yes simply as long as you get the majority of your mp by mp washing you can do any method of hp washing you wish.