1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discuss ToT changes here

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Deniz

Deniz Orange Mushroom

May 21, 2017
    Male
    6:19 PM
    Helya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Essence
    The current ToT buff looks very good however, these ToT buffs are indirectly buffing I/L mages while F/P is being left in the dust. F/P mages currently only have road of regrets for ToT, which would be a good training spot if the exp would be the same as oblivion, but there is a 2000 exp difference per mob currently. So I think it would be a nice change to increase the Road of Regrets mobs hp to oblivion level so they can give the same amount of exp.

(TL;DR Give F/P more endgame options besides petris)

I would like to hear some feedback on this ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    11:19 AM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    Eww, F/P mage! (Jk, I have both Arch Mages). Would be an interesting buff but probably won't happen (but would be cool if it did). Time to fight for Petri maps! As time goes on it will be harder and harder to find an open map with so many new 4th jobs along with more and more Bishops being able to 2 hit and having to come from full Skele maps to Ulu.

Just remember, you can't please them all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    12:19 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    While I would love this as a Flamehammer-totting Paladin of Doom, I don't think this change would make a lot of sense because all other jobs who want to train RoR would just suffer.

Will test out what it feels like to solo as an attacker after the recent buffs soon, when I have time to play again

4. Deniz

Deniz Orange Mushroom

May 21, 2017
    Male
    Helya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Essence
    While the mobs would have more hp they would also give more exp so noone would suffer and there are currently no classes that really benefit from training at qualm guardians.
    EDIT: It would also help bowmasters phoenix while training.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    The point of ToT is that the mobs get stronger, and the reward greater, the further you get. This is one of the advantages of choosing I/L. Meteor Shower has higher att than Blizzard, but I/L have a better end game training spot. Imo it wouldn't make sense if RoR have the same hp and exp as OB c:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    Thanks for the feedback DenizDeniz. It is also a buff for shadowers and warriors who needed other training places besides petris. On the mage part, fire mages are able to do more damage and 1hit petris 5-6 lvls earlier than i/l, if gear is the same. Also, RoR might be a better mid-level (14-16x) training area before petris and instead of ulu 2 for F/P (so the advantage goes back and forth and seems rather balanced at different times). Also, the 1hit for obl 5 mobs is like 160 magic more than petris, so that would take a while, but promotes i/l (and f/p at RoR) to train with attackers instead of always leeching.

* In the end neither f/p or i/l really boss, so both mage classes aiding other attackers at different times seems pretty fair.

Tl;DR: 1)Advantages alternate at various lvl with f/p early on and i/l later on. 2)Having more choices to train will alleviate skeles + petris overcrowding, particularly the latter.

Still lf>more attacker friends.

Edit: Also, ice lane has better drops (Cravens from one of the guardians i believe). so again, the balance shifts but seems fair. Ice lane is probably 1hit-able for f/p at 15-16x.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    I would take a new end game spot over a new lv14x-16x spot any day! I honestly don't remember much of around the 14x-15x level because I was basically leveling while I leeched (either sold or self-leeched my BM) so idk if I would even have used the buffed spawn rate ToT maps while working towards 1 hit Petris. 1 hit Ulu2 is just such a decent spot for leeching and drops(power elixers, dex/luk ores, cravens) that not training there before starting to be efficient at petris (f/p don't get the luxury of freezing mobs so they get them 2.8k petri slaps) seems like a waste. Also being able to have a HS mule hang on a rope vs FM buffing is nice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Deniz

Deniz Orange Mushroom

May 21, 2017
    Male
    Helya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Essence
    Like i said in the post, I/L got an indirect buff with a buffed endgame training spot and If there is gonna be a new endgame training spot for F/P it doesn't have to be ToT, they could probably do the same thing for duku's.
    I/L mages have a freeze effect that make up for the dmg they miss early on which makes them more pot efficient and the extra damage on F/P is wasted if there are no better spots to use the damage on.

• Like Like x 1
  9. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    This is a good idea, duku are trees anyway and hence should be weak to fire. As a paladin i benefit either way :p

Anyway thats a separate topic which should probably get its own suggestion thread

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    The idea of Duku is a legit and really good idea (that poor map and mini dungeon) and considering fire mages can 1hit way earlier would be nice. As adra said, another suggestion thread on that would be cool!

**As for feedback on this thread: Some more mid level mages, bishops, and attacking classes like NL or BMs testing RoR would be nice too, esp for fire mages who can 1hit RoR at 14-16x. Right now testing seems to pull towards higher levels and warriors only, would be nice to have a full array of levels represented here.

11. Piety

Piety (ㆆᴗㆆ)/ Retired Staff

Apr 4, 2017
    12:19 PM
    Centaur & Chaste
    There are no plans to change the actual stats or experience of the monsters in Temple of Time at the moment. The changes we made were mostly to fix the (at first) extremely slow spawn times and this one to fix the inconsistent spawn numbers (which made a lot of maps way too subpar/a pain to work through when doing the quests.) It could be something to discuss at another time or in another thread at some point, though!

We're still very much interested in more stats; I really wish people used ToT more as I'm pretty sure it's more than good enough to train at/leech at.
    Also keep the stats on PoT drop rates coming in, we're pretty interested in those too!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Wow so these will indeed have a use in the future? So glad I've been hoarding all of them so far

13. Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    No confirmation on anything at the moment. It's something I'd like to see so we're testing the waters and gathering data. It may or may not happen!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    The new training & new leeching areas (lvl91+) look really great across the level spectrums (again, would like to see comments from mid lvl attackers and mages who can make use of memory lane and RoR (esp 1hit fire mages who can sell leech or leech attackers here).

That feeling when you dropped 10 PoT a long time ago.... :cry:

15. imadde

imadde Mixed Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Sauron/Login/Play.
    Bishop
    Demure
    O_0 Feelsbadman i dropped all my PoT aswell.

16. oochinchin

oochinchin Timer

Jul 2, 2017
    Antartica
    5:19 AM
    ooChinChin
    Hero
    DeathSoul
    LF> someone to grind with as well .. Just finished the ToT questsline .. Tried solo-ing at Road to oblivion 4 with fm hs+haste and had a friend afk there (for party exp bonus) , and only got around 23-25m per hour. Currently a lvl 152 hero.

17. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    Sorry, but here's a lot of feedback.

As a general note, ToT seems to have foster community with those asking for help with quests, so all-in-all that's really nice. It's also nice to see more mid to end game training spots available, especially since ToT was a great pre-bb area.

Regarding spawn balance to quest completion
    : This was very helpful as quests on the 3rd and 4th parts of each lane could take 25-35 minutes (that's for mages too...), now it is about 15minutes w/ a duo. Seems fair!

Regarding EXP & training spots (highlighted areas and jobs where best suited)
    Memory Lane: Eh, only memory lane 4 seems worthwhile with an epm that matches or slightly exceeds Ulu 2 for training and leech.
    For warriors, BM/MM, shadowers, & NL: I suggest Memory Lane 5 if solo as it seems great for farming helm int 60% and the 2 teleporters are very warrior friendly.

Road of Regrets (RoR):
    RoR 2, RoR 3, & RoR 4
    : Best for 14-16x (til 165ish when F/P should 1hit petris, 1250 magic is not difficult) fire mages as well as mid-level attackers (13-16x). Meteor Shower hits 3 platforms (barring Eye of Time) @ RoR 4 and I can see this as being really fast exp for mid lvl fire mages + attackers or fire mages + leechers.
    RoR 5 is nice, but the lilynouch boss could be annoying. Regarding leech, the hs mule would have to be careful as no 100% safe spot in RoR 3, 4, & 5 if one does not 1hit or stun.

Road to Oblivion (Obl):
    Oblivion 2, 3, & 4 are great training areas for those 15-16x+. Before the spawn balancing, Oblivion 2 was the best place to train (yes, it was better than petris but only by 2mil exp per hour). Oblivion 1 & 2 seem unchanged so no feedback here as they were already great training spots.
    Oblivion 3 got the biggest boost and is a great duo area for warriors + mage or Shadower +mage. Oblivion 4 seems like the best spot, esp for a 1-2 hit ice mage + attacker (the 1hit ice mage is hard to accomplish here (~1412 magic) or 2 warriors or warrior + Shadower. Obl 5 is still difficult especially with Lyka's seduce and how the spawn functions now.

All in all biggest boosts are to RoR 2, 3, & 4 and Obl 3 & 4.
    2 Misc. things to note:
    1) Lilynouch does not do damage reflect when 50% or below in HP. Lilynouch and pink bean introduced DR shortly after v.62, so might not be possible w/ v.62?
    2) PoT drop rate is a small buff, I guess. I went 3 hours w/o 1 PoT and then got 2 in an hour, so whatever. Perhaps if the drop-rate is like the halloween event, so a warrior or BM can speak to this better, xadraxadra .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Piety

Apr 4, 2017
    Centaur & Chaste
    I'm happy to see that ToT has been more popular lately and people are looking for grinding partners there!
    I am still looking for more feedback on the overall spawn rates and EXP (and Pieces of Time drops from your time spent there, too!)

There is no damage reflect in v62, It's just not available. No worries of killing yourself with the reflect damage!

19. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    I'm not the best with eph and stats or anything and I did my 160 to 198 at Petri then 199 to 200 at Ob4 so I'll base my post off of that.

I think ob4 is a great spot for 1 hit mages but I can see 2 hit mages getting owned pretty bad. The high physical damage is a bummer and there's no real way to just tele around them. Plus their bump isn't always advantageous like Petri which I gladly opted to for a bounce forward. I think it takes a significant amount of magic that might naturally require either 195+ and godly gear or MW20 to grind there. I think those are the 2 major drawbacks of Ob4:
    1) Damage is so high it hurts
    2) Barrier to entry is incredibly high its not that logical for many non-shadower/warriro to grind there. A lot of mages are going to get crushed there!!

Even with FM HS its a nice boost to see my exp bar actually go up although I don't think its so much faster than Petri. I've gotten some rave reviews from phys attackers (war / shad) grinding there but it could be a placebo. A lot of people I grind with are near the end of the game and I'm sure everything seems slow for them as it does for me. In the end, I think ob4 will end up an option along with petri but not something that outright outclases it unless you're a 1hko mage in which case you're already 195+ or spent hundreds of millions on mw20.

When you consider that barrier to entry what Tundra had to go through and the level requirement for Bold I don't think ob4 will end up being "the map".

About ob4 I think efficiency, barrier to entry, play style and pace choices will effect whether or not it becomes a thing:

About efficiency I mean a 1hko mage being able to tele side to side at the top booming mobs at a great pace, and a 1hko mage at bottom keeping it 100% clear at all times. The server has one duo option for that, and one of us are retired. That level of efficiency is officially a dream and not something FPs or anyone else should care to be envious of IMO its just really tough and you wouldn't know until you got there --- and remember to compare vs a pair of 2hko mages. If you put a 2hko mage at top and tell them to go side to side booming for a bot attacker it won't look as good since it is legitimately challenging for the top mage to be 2hko. I honestly don't think a 2hko would be able to keep up pace being top or it would be such a grind that FM HS would wear on them, or the work would wear on them... it isn't optimal for non-1hko. I don't think so at least. Ob2 is prob better for non-1hko mages than ob4. You just can't fake efficiency and I'm serious its difficult to attain on ob4.

That's for duo. I think an answer might be put 2 2hko mages at the top on either side of ob4 and put a very strong and experienced attacker at the bottom. This is a lot less stress on the 2hko players and the bottom will have more stable spawn also. Ob4 will make people re-think how they grind. The easy option is the most difficult.

The duo option is bringing 2 people into FM numerous times over a span of hour, and the 3 person option is even more tedious. For play style and pace some might naturally prefer petri. If you get 2-3 janky FM times in the course of an hour and a half there goes your EPH.

As far as navigating the maps, I like Ob1 the most. You can tele up and hop on the right, own everything, then tele and own the left side. I like the alternating pattern and jumping down is fun. I'm always a fan of anything downhill so I greatly enjoy ob1. Ob4 has that downhill feeling too but I can see people struggling. It's easy to make posts in theory but try it yourself it isn't that easy.

As for the IL / FP thing I have a hard time saying my opinions the right way sometimes so I'll let that takes its course.

20. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    1) Overall, most maps are fine with spawn now. I think some maps like Memory lane 2, Memory lane 5, and Oblivion 5 (not really at RoR so I don't know) are just too massive or not spawn dense (spawn spreads out too much) that even with a duo the exp isn't great.
    ****This is just more of a layout issue with the map and not the spawn.

2) No PoT in 2 hours, then 8 in 2 hours.... seems very RNG at times but if these are meant for something, the difficulty in obtaining them seems about right (I do seem to average 2 an hour so long as my luck is not horrible).