1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discuss ToT changes here

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Kimmy, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:04 AM
    Moderator Post
    Since I only see one person actually attempting to see how the new ToT is, I'll create a topic here.

Leave here feedback of your experience of the new ToT. ToT will always be a map that is better duo, so its most likely recommended to attempt it that way.

2. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    8:04 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    F> other paladins to do Oblivion 2 with me :p

Btw for other paladins: I've tried RoR 4, RoR5, Oblivion 1 and Oblivion 2 so far.

The first 3 are all about the same but Oblivion 2 is better. Much better spawns in general.

As I said in the other thread:
    "Basically the number of mobs that would naturally spawn per platform remains the same, but it seems like the rate at which they repopulate have become much faster. It's a bit subtle, but effective- as a warrior I'm constantly hitting 6 mobs."

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Ah yes I should add that we didn't add more mobs, but the mob respawn rate is increased, like the first ToT buff in 2015.

So you not seeing more mobs is normal~

4. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    7:04 PM
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    Thanks for this thread! (sorry for previous posts wherever, ignore those)!

Feedback: Mob re-spawn rate is very noticeable when duo-ing and promotes party play here (with a mage/bishop and attacker). The slight increase to equip drop rate is noticeable too. I was not getting any equips at oblivion and now I actually get drops! Still would like a PoT buff (might solve the whole level ratio to meso farming thing going on as gobies were never originally meant for farming, alas not going into that). Do the quest people!

For training: I would suggest mid-level fire mages (like 14-16x train at RoR as the spawn is really great & ice mages late 15x/early16x-200 @ oblivion 1-2/4; we don't look at 5). Pair up with another attacker too (oblivion 1 & 2 have great teleporter x2 location for duo-ing too). Attackers can adjust to various places by level as they don't have elemental restrictions, per se.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    1:04 AM
    Proud leader of Aeon
    After grinding at road to oblivion 5 for a bit, i noticed the boosted spawn rates mostly applied to the bottom and top left/right platforms. Although the rates are noticeably better, due to the spawns mostly being on those specific platforms, a lot of time is spent climbing up ladders since the TP only takes you halfway up (mid platforms scarcely have any spawn in comparison). I highly doubt this map will ever be a good alternative to petri (as it is now) due to the downtime spent climbing ladders and ofc the fact that we cannot bring non leeching HS mules into the map. Also 20min grind yielded 0 equip drops, although i got a scroll and gach ticket.

6. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Just helped a few guildmates progress through Memory Lane, and Road of Memory 4 still has atrocious spawn of Chief Memory Guardians.

Wondering if this could be buffed. There are so few of them spawning that the respawn buff is not noticeable at all, and having more party members here is just pointless because they spawn in pathetic small groups of 3.

Also regarding ToT as a training place in general:

This is very true. I can solo Oblivion 2 just fine, but for party play in general, not being able to have a hs mule inside without investing in VIP tele or having another bishop do the job is a major detractor.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. spiritbaeber

spiritbaeber Orange Mushroom

Jun 5, 2017
    5:04 PM
    SpiritSaber
    Hero
    Animals
    The main problem I encountered before the buff was the wide empty space in between enemies. The problem still does exist but is alleviated just a little by the boost in spawn. However, the honest truth was that even with a duo partner with maple warrior 20 and great equips that can consistently kill them at a fast rate, petris seems to yield just about the same results if not just marginally less. The speculation amongst most people that I talked with was that the actual number of mobs would be increased but the rate was not what we expected.

8. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    Hi again, HyugaHyuga and I tested out obl 2 together (w/ fm hs). The fm HS caused great variance in our epm/h, with her getting 50-60m and me getting 68-80m. The need to rest for 2-3 secs->fm-> variance in where one lands after coming out of fm, makes it hard for consistency.

To compensate this, we thought of either allowing mules to be doored/vip rock (this was originally allowed pre-bb but characters doored w/o quest could not proceed further in the map and were sent back) or what was suggested originally, a small party play multiplier/bonus exp to compensate lack of hs in the map.

We hope our feedback helps. Hope to hear from others too.... Thanks for all the opportunities to submit feedback as well.

P.S.oblivion 5 spawn is sad =(.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. r1t2b3

r1t2b3 Pink Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    rtb123
    I/L Arch Mage
    Prime
    BrieBrie whats your ma just to ask cause I am thinking of grinding there as well sometime down the road :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    Bumping the feedback on this. Re-spawn buff has been very much appreciated, but some maps like Memory lane 3 & 5, Road of Regrets 3 & 4, and Oblivion 3, 4, & 5 (tied with memory lane 4 for the worst spawn), seem relatively low spawn compared to 1 &2 maps, respectively.

Shouldn't the spawn itself in these maps be relatively the same/slightly more-so than 1 & 2 maps? (e.g. BM/Ice mage, Shadower/Ice Mage, Bishop/DRK duos get significantly more experience at 2nd stage map than last stage maps).

11. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Personally think regrets 3/4 are fine compared to other examples listed.

Would be nice if more maps had the spawn density of Oblivion2 though. Not quite certain why that map in particular gets so much more spawn than the other maps.

12. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    When it seems only 4 ppl tested ToT...alas, any insight (staff or players) on the spawn density?
    Like adra said, why is obl 2 and most of road of regrets so spawn dense, whereas other maps are spawn scarce?

13. imadde

imadde Mixed Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Sauron/Login/Play.
    Bishop
    Demure
    Duo grinded obv2, (2heros with fm buffs) we got up to 43m eph. Droprate of Equips was also decent, this was under the halloween event.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    ^That's pretty good. =)

Tested duo with BM and DrK and oblivion 4 + 5 are not definitely not as spawn dense as Road of Regrets 4/5 and Oblivion 2. I think this is still a similar problem w/ unbalanced spawns throughout some of the other ToT maps?

Some more tests:EPM/hour for obl 2 was ranging 68-76, whereas oblivion 4 was garnering only 65-70 and oblivion 5 was 50-55 :)cry:) with duo.

As an aside, Piece of Time rate is about 1 every 75mins (for me at least)

15. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

Thank you all for the feedback. We PietyPiety have looked deeper into the amount of spawns and feedback seems to add up why its so different
    We'll be changing it around so it matches up more with each other. This will be applied next restart, so probably need further testing than

• Like Like x 1
  16. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    Oh snap, yay. We all be sure to leave continued feedback and tests here. Ty players and staff for the feedback too!

Yay, xadraxadra , more duos=)!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Looking for new feedback

19. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    :pinkbean:

20. Brie

Brie Mushmom

Jun 28, 2017
    Female
    Tundra
    I/L Arch Mage
    Influence
    ^no, please (but do open that map before it, it is so peaceful, tbh).

ON IT FOR TESTING, be back with some results in a week or so! LF>attackers (hit me up esp if u have a bishop mule that would help). So far so good though.

PoT rate seems like it was improved too. was getting 1 every 75 mins or so, now it's like 2 an hour (seems fair if these are going to be used for something OnionF2

• Creative Creative x 1