1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Change/buff Final Attack so its not useless

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by alchemy, Oct 17, 2017.

1. alchemy

alchemy Slime

Oct 13, 2017
    Male
    10:56 AM
    One of my biggest complaints about maple has always been how there are so many completely obsolete skills in the game that, at least originally, could have been easily fixed (another skill that comes to mind is rage, could have easily made it more powerful than the usual attack pots, or simply let it stack with pots and give less WA!)

So from what I understand, Final Attack is bad because it ultimately just lowers your DPS because it does less damage than the actual move you were using and delays your next move. This makes the what I think was supposed to be the hallmark "fun" skill for 2nd job warrior not only obsolete, but adding points in it would ruin your character.

Two things could be done it seems to me:
    a.) increase the damage that FA does to the point where even if it delays your next move, it is still worth it.
    b.) increase the attack speed of FA so that it does not delay your next move (I was told this is how it is post-BB?), or reduce the delay enough to make it worth using.

I don't know anything about coding or editing maple, but I imagine the first option would be easier to implement? Simply increase the attack % until it makes it worth using, then ease off so it doesn't create any weird class imbalances.

Thoughts? Ideas? Would make 2nd job warrior a lot more interesting, and its got a cool animation!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marc Antony

Marc Antony Master Chronos

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    I'm generally of the opinion that all the warriors are in a really good spot and shouldn't be touched. There are no unforgivable balancing sins now that Paladins have been given testicles, and outside of perhaps some hitbox changes, looking at you Blast, the skills should probably be left alone.

This is coming from someone who left just the warrior second job phase. It's mind numbing, but it warms you up well for third job, in which you get one buff skill that's really awesome and then you get a powerful whollop that isn't spammable, and then you get nothing until 120 except worse versions of your buff or of your whollop.

3. OP
    OP
    alchemy

alchemy Slime

Oct 13, 2017
    Male
    My intention here was less about buffing warrior than it is about making what is supposed to be the main skill for 2nd job not obsolete, as it should be realistically. Thats why I suggested making it very subtle (maybe net DPS increase of 5%, idk), so that it doesn't throw off balance, but make it worth getting.

4. PlaceHolder

PlaceHolder Mushmom

Jul 28, 2017
    Male
    11:56 AM
    GiantDad
    Warrior
    Replace it with the Dawn Warrior's FA for each weapon type.
    They have the same numbers, except the other version is actually a buff that you can remove.
    This way, you can change when your character can be useless.

5. Marc Antony

Marc Antony Master Chronos

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    What is your argument that mastery is not the main skill of second job?

6. Lily

Lily Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 23, 2015
    Female
    UK
    6:56 PM
    Lick
    F/P Arch Mage
    As far as I'm aware this is under consideration at the moment - whether it works on a togge or just has its damage scaling flattened when hitting more than one enemy, instead of decaying per target, there's a lot of small QoL changes that could be made to this one!

Please do let me know your thoughts on FA!

7. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    1:56 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I think this is the main reason FA sucks and fixing it would make it much more viable. Having points in FA literally makes your character worse- the only skill in Maple to do so. However I'm concerned with how much it would upset the balance if this was introduced- it's a huge buff to training speed of 2nd and 3rd job warriors, which are already doing pretty fine as-is.

A toggle is my preferred way to fix FA. As it is now, FA is still beneficial for damage when you are using power strike on single targets like bosses, but you don't want FA to proc when mobbing because of the damage decay thingo. If you could toggle it on for boss fights it would be much less trash.

8. Lily

Jul 23, 2015
    Female
    UK
    Lick
    F/P Arch Mage
    At the moment I'd like to get both addressed, though I'm going to let this thread exist for a bit first in case there are any really good alternatives; the damage scaling as-is is incredibly unintuitive, since no other Warrior/Bowman abilities at this point scale in such a way!

I don't plan on changing its total damage at the moment and its current effect on AoE attacks is pretty dreadful, so I'm not massively concerned with its effects on Warrior power levels there.

Still, this thread will be invaluable to working on FA - thanks for the feedback!

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    alchemy

alchemy Slime

Oct 13, 2017
    Male
    All jobs get mastery/booster? Its completely passive and just boosts your damage? To me the most fun part of getting a skill is the new animation, something else to use while grinding to break the monotony, something to look forward to putting points in, etc.

It's great of course, but every other class gets something interesting in 2nd job; Bowman get an AoE, sins get crits, bandits get savage blow (great example of a flashy, fun skill), and mages get their big ol AoE.

Again, my main point is that FA was not INTENDED to be useless let alone make your character worse. But hey, maybe its original purpose was to bait noobies into adding points to the epic looking/sounding "Final Attack" only to their dismay in later having to break out their wallets for SP resets.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  10. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    That was me. RIP 15 days of vote-NX

11. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    1:56 PM
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    damn those corporate shills working at Neckson. they are evil incarnate. i wish 1000 stubbed toes on them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    Changing FA into a toggle skill would be nice. I think the Hero guide here mentioned a specific example where a hero could destroy a goby house with Power Strike, then use Coma to stun the gobies after that. FA would mess up the timing for Coma when it triggers.

13. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    its been fixed bruh in the latest servers keke

14. TheDude

TheDude Selkie Jr.

Jun 13, 2016
    Male
    Canada, eh?
    Prometheus/1979/Starkiller
    'latest servers'?

15. GameSuks

GameSuks Orange Mushroom

Nov 13, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Is there any updates on this? I was one of the noobies that found out too late that final attack is complete garbage... The whole time I was like hmmm this skill seem like its lowering my dps and make me get hit because I am locked into the animation... nah it cant be bad... rip 30points....

16. Lily

Jul 23, 2015
    Female
    UK
    Lick
    F/P Arch Mage
    For the time being I'm not working on ML so this is unlikely to have any significant progress made. Apologies!

17. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    7:56 PM
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    Yea too bad, I don't know what level you are but if you're below 3rd you really should consider remaking your warrior. Or be like me and spend a ton of vote NX on resets. OnionMuhaXatDead As far as I know v.62 got the worst FA skill. Almost all versions after that they improved it. As far as I know FA as is it now is (almost) unimprovable due to Neckson's/Wizet's coding.

18. GameSuks

GameSuks Orange Mushroom

Nov 13, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Sigh. lvl 92 lol. Ill just live with it til 120... Ill be leeching most of the way anyway LOL. As long as final attack doesnt proc from brandish... it doesnt right?

19. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Yeah it doesnt proc from anything that isnt power strike/slash blast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:56 PM
    Moderator Post
    What exactly have they improved on the later versions?