1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

HeneHoes

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Zega, Feb 3, 2018.

henehoe command

1. HeneHoes

39.4%
  2. No

60.6%
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:16 PM
    Moderator Post
    Look at all the cute 2015 users overreacting again. Never gets old MapleF14

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    12:16 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Please no shitposting and stay on topic. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    1:16 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    OnionF2OnionF2OnionF2OnionMuhaOnionMuhaOnionMuhaOnionSmartOnionSmartOnionSmartOnionWhateverOnionWhateverOnionWhatever

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Atik

Atik Brown Teddy

Nov 22, 2017
    Male
    9:16 AM
    Stickbug
    F/P Arch Mage
    Boop
    As someone who started in late 2017 and would like to give input.

I think the FreeMarket is fine as is. I never even hard of any unwritten rules about not spamming S > such and such in FM. When I used to play GMS that's what FM was for and I like it the way it currently is in MapleLegends. You still see some people hanging out and chilling in FM and if multiple people start spamming they just go somewhere else and that's okay.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    A private server starts with a small group of people. This may be fine if everyone is starting at once but they don't. It can be very hard to find people to grind with and to become friends with at a certain stage of the game. At this given time the ch 1 FM becomes the hub where everyone chills, similar to what Henesys was in GMS. The unspoken rule only applies to when there is a certain amount of population in the game. If you have 5 people in the FM talking, and some jackass comes along spamming "S>this shit@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@" while no new people are coming to the fm, you can tell why they are told to stfu, because they all saw what they were selling the first time they said it and clearly don't want it. Ch 1 FM is where everyone gathered, talked and truly became a community, you essentially knew everyone playing the game at that point of time. When the boom in population happened almost out of no where and so fast, the place where everyone gathered was essentially ruined over night. People went to their other chs, other FM rooms and stayed within the groups they formed, hardly the one big community you get from a small populated server with Ch1 FM as the hang out. The players that were there for it are simply just upset at the fact the place they use to mingle with all their friends, now no longer exists. Similar to how I imagine the OP feels about no one being in Henesys, which was the hub in GMS.

I personally started Legends when the population almost seemed non existent with like 40 people online. I specifically joined the server because of that. I started Royals early on when they had a small but decent sized population. My whole experience from that server, who I met, the guild I joined, who I grinded with, all stemmed from hanging out at Ch 1 FM at the time, which was a social place. I witnessed as the population grew, the FM become more of the FM you saw in GMS and people dispersed into their chs, groups, fm rooms. It is incredibly saddening watching a tight community die and people start to fight over maps, and even go so far as to sell those maps. Imo smaller populated servers are less cancer. Therefore I joined Legends but witnessed pretty much the same thing that happened to Royals, happen to Legends in terms of community. When the FM first started to change, I was just starting as a staff member so I brought up my personal concern with how the FM was shifting, but no one really shared my concern/views for the matter, so I just simply dropped it.

To bring things back to what the OP has mentioned. Given that at this time there is no specific hang out spot, I like the point of such a button/command but not sure how the button would work out in terms of its goal(if it would truly change anything). If the button/command has no added benefits such as getting a free warp to Henesys, I wouldn't see the harm in trying it out aside from the server becoming more customized.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    How did this troll thread actually spark a debate OnionDead

7. Haidaniel

Haidaniel Mano

Nov 21, 2017
    Male
    Australia
    2:16 AM
    HaiDaniel
    Hunter
    DANK
    Thought I'd weigh in as a 2 month old player who loves the social aspect of the game. I basically only still play this server because it's fun talking to people, and although you all seem to think ch1fm1 is the most horrible place, it really isn't. I often go there and just start talking to random people when ever I find them and its fine. Maybe it's because I'm Australian so my timezone means there's always less people there but I also do this with practically anyone, from randoms in pq to leechers to someone with a cute outfit.

Personally I find the issue is more when I try to talk to people who are in some niche fm room, because to them I'm just some random so why should they go out of their way to socialize with me when I interrupt their conversation? I think the idea of a dedicated place to socialize would be great, but I don't think it has to be as radical as a whole new command feature. Maybe even a MapleHint saying "ch2 free market is a great place to meet new friends" or something would let it become a more populated area with the intent on socialization but no strict rules.