1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

GM Buffs

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Zega, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Zega

Zega Slime

Feb 3, 2018
    Male
    8:56 AM
    Zega
    Brawler
    Horny
    Hey so this server is played all over the world and because of that i feel like it would be best to do gm buffs on a strict time every 12 hours, like making it at 6pm est or something and then again at 6am est just as a way to make gm buffs fair for the community, i always miss gm buffs and i feel like instead of it being a gm offering it would be a server offering because its almost always inconvenient for me to stay up to the point a gm feel like buffing everyone. thank you<3

the point i'm making is if you're going to offer events like this and other things you need to make it fair or strip it all together...also if you give it a time crunch it will make people want to get on for that time -.- this is game management 101

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
  2. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    GM buffs are just an extra feature of the server. You shouldn't be reliant on it. If you catch em, you catch em. If you don't, oh well.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:56 PM
    Moderator Post
    besides that on static times it make people only login during buffs. Buffs is just here if we feel like host something simple and rewarding those that are playing

4. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    I think the biggest part is that you have to realize that the buffs can't be set at time suitable for all players.
    It's literally not possible, just because it's every 12 hours doesn't mean everyone can catch them.
    People may have their own reasons where they aren't able to receive the buff (busy with other things), even if it is within their time range.

So it wouldn't be fair to set a time that's not suitable for everyone, so we just do it randomly or right after events.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    5:56 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    make a bishop, and leech yourself an SE mule/HB mule/haste/mesoUP mule/SI and you wouldnt have worry bout gm buffs :p

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Skadi.Lance

Skadi.Lance Slime

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    8:56 PM
    Shinsoo
    That explains why we have 600 players online f3

7. Angbak

Angbak Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    8:56 PM
    Angbak
    Bishop
    Don't forget rage mule

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    CamilleCamille

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Exolves

Exolves Red Snail

Jun 20, 2017
    Male
    New Zealand
    12:56 AM
    Exolves
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Echo mule too xd

10. OP
    OP
    Zega

Zega Slime

Feb 3, 2018
    Male
    Zega
    Brawler
    Horny
    if its not a key part of the server is shouldn't be advertised on topg or home page like it is, also giving a time crunch will give players more incentive to log on...

11. OP
    OP
    Zega

Zega Slime

Feb 3, 2018
    Male
    Zega
    Brawler
    Horny
    with players all over the world we also have gm's in diffrent time zones the 12 hour mark was an example, even having it every 6 or 8 hours would be good or just remove it from the server

12. OP
    OP
    Zega

Zega Slime

Feb 3, 2018
    Male
    Zega
    Brawler
    Horny
    also if anyone of you would look at the bigger picture and see how this server is not very new player friendly youd know why im bringing these issues up. a new player isnt gonna have a rage mule or a bishop or anything just what ever they have starting off, and thats one main reason why so many people quit this server is because of how hard it is on new people and people like you guys giving them shit for not making a bishop or something then you saying "well ya should have made one"that doesnt fix the issue...

13. OP
    OP
    Zega

Zega Slime

Feb 3, 2018
    Male
    Zega
    Brawler
    Horny
    what im saying is for an event to happen that can be used by all it makes it very unfair not to supply to all, youre not thinking about new players, someone who just joins the server isnt gonna be like "welp better make my bishop, dk, bm, hero and bucc to get my leech skills" no they think "hmm what class should i make, i remember having fun with this class"

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Are you kidding? "Not very new player friendly?" I've started fresh on several characters and accounts without funding and haven't gone negative for mesos ever, regardless of the job. This is one of the easiest servers you could play. You don't need mules; you can make mules.

If you think this server is hard, you're definitely in the wrong section of videogames, let alone MapleStory.

It has tons of content and is extremely open to new players. Have you even seen some of the maps?

We have working mini dungeons, world travel, we have working quests, NLC (which is extremely disgustingly overpowered), we have fourth job (which really breaks the game for most classes -- sorry, Pirates), we have modded drops that aren't v62 that are available here, changed/edited class damage formulas (skills), and more.

To call this server "hard" is ridiculous.

Oh, and not to mention that this server is 2x, which, by my standards, is too high to begin with; that alone enhances your experience by a lot and makes the grind process extremely easier than what original v62 was like, particularly if you never spent money on 2x cards.

15. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Also, if you think life needs to be "fair," get over yourself. Life isn't a fair thing and this is honestly just a game, and it's run by people who have their own lives. To feel like they need to cater to everyone is absolutely unrealistic, and they have gone miles since 2015 -- when I came back to this server after having left it in 2015, my journey was ridiculously improved.

If you stop to think about it, this "make a bs, dk, bm" etc formula isn't restricted to Legends; it's a pre-BigBang formula for easy success unless you actually change or morph the classes so that they aren't as broken. But truthfully, that's what vanilla is like. People
    can and do still make whatever classes they want; if you feel obligated to follow a formula, it's on you.

16. OP
    OP
    Zega

Zega Slime

Feb 3, 2018
    Male
    Zega
    Brawler
    Horny
    im just trying to give feed back to improve the server, no need to get so emotional and about the classes thing i was saying that people give others crap for not making them even when they are new to the server.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    5:56 AM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters