1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Another HP+ equip? (Horntail req.)

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Poogles, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Poogles

Poogles Slime

Aug 4, 2017
    Male
    Texas, U.S.
    3:03 PM
    Poogles, Poogies, Poogle, Poogie
    Dark Knight, Bishop, Night Lord, Shadower
    Guildless
    Not trying to be greedy, but would it be possible to eventually add another equip to the game (like the MB ring) that gives +HP? Yes, I am addressing the ability to do Horntail at Level 155 as an unwashed NL, and I am only asking out of curiosity.

As it stands, a completely unwashed Level 155 NL stands at roughly 5.1k HP w/ all three "main" (meaning attacker) HP equips: +1,000 (Tier 10 MB Ring), +100 (Ellin Ring), +100 (Silver Dep. Star). Also, the result changes to 5k HP if SDS is replaced with HTP, which can be a reasonable assumption.
    The numbers above are calculated based on my 145 NL, standing at 5,114 HP w/ a total of 14 washes + All the mentioned HP equips + 26 HP from Scarlion Hat (+1,226 HP from gear total).
    I arrived at the final result of 5.1k HP at Level 155 (unwashed) by simply subtracting the 14 washes I've done (-252 HP), then adding the natural HP gained from +10 Levels (+220 HP). The result is 5,082 HP.

I also use the term "roughly" because I realize that there are a few decent equips out there that give a bit of extra HP (e.g. Scarlion Hat, Sword Earrings). The extra numbers are small, however, so I've decided to omit them from the final result.

So, that essentially means if another +500 or +600 HP were added from a reasonable source, the "requirement" of HP-washing to do Horntail w/o Hb at Level 155 would be successfully purged. (For NL/BM/MM anyway; not sure about Pirate class).

Of course, this is simply only to fix the requirement for Horntail. For other bosses and content (e.g. Neo Tokyo), it would be silly to ask for more HP equips on top of what's already given. Thus, I feel like the suggestion offered here is perfectly reasonable.

Again, I am honestly only asking for this out of curiosity on how this suggestion's implementation might impact the game. I'm probably not going to make it to Level 155 on my NL anytime soon, nor do I care too dreadfully much about doing HT. If this suggestion is too much to ask for, then I'd just like to know the specific reasons why.

If you haven't guessed already, I do not find HP-washing fun. Thus, if your comment has anything to do with telling me to wash and/or blood wash the remaining HP, your post will be ignored.

Thanks for reading. :pinkbean:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    1:03 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    I think a cool addition would be

Pet Scrolls for HP 10%/30%/60%/70%/100%
    if this was obtainable through gachapon/bosses only.

since pet equips are perm, this would be a nice addition.

Having multiple pets (3 max) would mean, you could make potentially 3 HP equips.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    4:03 AM
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
    Or just go to HT with HB if you're so against washing. :poop:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

9:03 PM
    Just out of curiousity, why is it silly to ask for more hp equips for neo tokyo but not horntail? Currently horntail is the only thing released, neo isnt. Personally, i find the staff has been pretty generous with HP items in general

Im not in favor especially since (yes im going to say it) its easier to level now than ever before (temple) and theres no legitimate reason to ht right away at lvl 155 if you chose not to wash.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    In the elitist maple story I am from, there's not a single person at 155 (minus bishops and hb/se mules) that should be HTing, if you are then you're simply leeching and defo not an "attacker". The misconception of players having to be able to HT at 155 is pretty funny to me; join a run and get carried + leech your party's xp yes, actually do it...not so much. The 1.1k hp from both rings is already stupidly generous; making HB unnecessary for my own HT runs.....don't really want to see 15k+ clean NLs walking around just because you didn't wash a single time/can't be bothered to make up remaining hp by lvls/gear.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Poogles

Poogles Slime

Aug 4, 2017
    Male
    Texas, U.S.
    Guildless
    I was just under the assumption that the Neo Tokyo monsters (esp. the bosses) would be much more demanding in terms of HP-requirements in order to survive. Asking for more high HP+ equips on top of this thread's suggestion just seems overpowered to me - and it probably is.

There needs to be a cap on how much HP+ gear is released, and while I don't know what that should be, I do feel like the amount to obtain the HT requirement is a reasonable one.

I agree. It's still just short of allowing unwashed NLs to HT at 155 though, unfortunately.

Isn't this getting patched?

I'm completely fine with that as well. I just feel that 155 is a goal many players strive to achieve, and the reason is to start doing Horntail.

7. OP
    OP
    Poogles

Poogles Slime

Aug 4, 2017
    Male
    Texas, U.S.
    Guildless
    Then perhaps we should move from being "elitist" to being more new-player friendly.

The server is somewhat dead already as is - not including the people sitting offline waiting for their AP Resets to accumulate.

I don't want to see that, either. This thread specifically asks for a buff in HP+ gear that will allow an unwashed NL to have 5.6k HP at level 155, and nothing more.

8. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    11:03 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper

I'm sure the monster book ring provides a good experience to new players by making them explore and grind with friends and is a good way to cope with HP washing.

By allowing people unwashed or washed have a new method to gain HP means that people who have washed will use this opportunity to increase their HP pool.

I personally believe these rings are more than enough for HT provided you run with HB, or maybe get a few more levels and HT whenever you have more HP (counting both rings).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    1:03 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    IMO, back in old maple. Most people did Horntail at lvl 170, and not 155. i can agree it wasnt meant to do at 155 but the exp/leech lvl is at 155, hence why people want to do it at 155.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    2:03 PM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    You're not really "doing" HT at 155, 155 is simply the level where you start leeching EXP. The damage penalty still applies.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Sloppy

Sloppy Horny Mushroom

Apr 15, 2018
    Male
    4:03 PM
    White Knight
    I'd like to point out range classes aren't supposed to be able to tank bosses and HB(Besides being for zerking) is for these classes to rely on. You don't need to HT at 155 its supposed to be an end game boss for v62.
    It's not being elitist its the games mechanics, and anyone just waiting for AP Resets to accumulate instead of enjoying the game is missing out and "wasting" time they could be putting towards their story IMO. Also washing isn't hard even without leeching and int equips.

12. Smack

Smack Slime

Jan 28, 2016
    Male
    4:03 PM
    Smack
    Dark Knight
    Once you have established yourself as a successful server that requires washing you cannot simply start to remove washing.

On Legends specifically, I'm going to agree with one of the previous comments and say the current items are generous, although the fact that they are locked behind that Monster Book wall is a nice touch.

This is also coming from a person who thinks washing is a dumb mechanic that shouldn't even be in the game to begin with.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    I think the others already addressed what you've stated here, i was half joking when i said elitist but just to clarify the point again; this server is SUPPOSED to be as close to v6x maple as possible. Washing has always been part of the server and with the new hp items, the amount of washing needed to hit certain hp checkpoints has been made alot less time/effort consuming compared to before. When you say things like "make it new-player friendly", it feels like you just want things spoon fed to you. You had the option to play classes that didn't need hp washing, yet you chose to play NL and want things to made easier for you....? Many veterans and myself believe this server has become extremely easy already, so to even ask for more hp items just to give yourself and new players an easier time.....either this is the wrong server for you or you need to rethink what you're actually asking for here lol.

• Like Like x 3
  14. OP
    OP
    Poogles

Poogles Slime

Aug 4, 2017
    Male
    Texas, U.S.
    Guildless
    In light of the previous comments...

I agree that HP-washing should stay in the game, and I can also understand why Level 155 wouldn't necessarily be considered the appropriate level to start "attacking" Horntail.

With that said, would it not be reasonable to instead call the minimum HT-level as 170, thus making the still-required HP from gear at that point to be +200 to +300?

HP-washing is not being removed from the game with this suggestion's implementation, whichever amount of HP is added. It is simply just for Horntail.

15. Hyuga

Hyuga Mr. Anchor

Apr 23, 2015
    Female
    Proud leader of Aeon
    If you are adamant about refusing to hp wash your char at all, then you're welcome to sacrifice your damage and equip hp gear to help you hit the benchmark. I feel that is more reasonable than wanting even more HP spoon fed to you just because you are for god knows what reason, refusing to wash even a tiny bit.

My last post regarding this, as I feel my point has already been made.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    10:03 PM
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    Alright, I get it. HP washing sucks. I hate it too. Now here is my question: Why do you expect to be able to tank a full HT run without HB at level 155 if you refuse to wash? What's HB again? Let me enlarge the pixels for you.

spearman006.gif

With this magical 2nd job skill, you will reach amazing HP levels. Last time I checked 5k x 1.6 = 8k.

8 k HP. I assume you are aware of the fact that HT does around ~7.8k max, and that's only before the tail is killed.

So then why do you want even more HP to be spoon-fed to you? You are perfectly capable of HTing at 155.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:03 PM
    Moderator Post
    I think people already said what need to be said.

However, I want leave a bit about Tokyo. Neo Tokyo is a project that wasn't by me, but rather the other staff, while Ninnie did the code/wz stuff. Neo Tokyo in my eyes still need a lot of balance checking if it gets the same treatment as Shaolin got. Tokyo technically is more or less completely done for part 1, but I am not comfortable at all to release it yet. The issue I have with Tokyo is what everyone else is concerned about too, which is balance. Something I feel shouldn't be rushed at all.

However with it also not being my project I do not really enjoy working on it, since I rather focus on my own projects that were done by me (Shaolin, Taipei 101, Taiwan, etc), so I also cannot promise when Tokyo will be an addition in Legends. Even now I am working again on other new content unrelated to Tokyo.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1