1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information GTOP100 temp. changes

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    2:59 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Tried voting from my cell phone and was told I already voted. I made sure my cell wasn't using my wifi, and even used a different account.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:59 AM
    Moderator Post
    What about browser? GTOP checks this as well.

3. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Negative. Even the change in browser did not work. Is it possible you've linked my accounts and GTOP is seeing this?

4. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    5:59 AM
    I prefer the old system, so much easier.

5. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    She's experimenting with something. Be kind and help her out. =o)

6. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Actually, I have never tested if the pingback system itself allows only 1 vote each 24 hours. Can you try vote from a different account if you got any and see if that works? Though if its locked to 1 account each 24 hours then I think more complained by now...

7. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    I tried from the account I voted on 12+ hours ago and a different account. Both gave me the same result of "Please vote #:##:## later"

8. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    And the wait time is exactly the same? If so, GTOP is still seeing something from you or your browser that makes you think you are the same person. Contact them if you are truly confused, since in end of the day GTOP permits 1 human to vote multiple times, so if your IP changed and it still won't let you it's an issue.

9. chocopie1117

chocopie1117 Red Snail

Mar 27, 2018
    Male
    krJesus / Miffy
    Beginner, Bishop
    I am facing the same issues.
    If anyone has a solution to this, could you please share your knowledge?

additional info:
    - my IP address stayed the same on my PC.
    - tried voting on my phone with Wifi off (using phone data), but did not let me.
    - received "You have already voted! Please vote again in X:XX:XX"
    - voted first on PC(successful), then waited 12 hours to vote on my Phone(not successful).

10. Meri

Meri Blue Snail

Feb 20, 2018
    4:59 AM
    Concetta
    Gunslinger
    Would it be possible to have two voting options? One button that gives you 5k NX when you vote but sets your timer for 24 hours, and one that gives you 3k NX but sets your timer at 12h when you vote?

In practice, I believe many people, myself included, are not going to want to deal with Gtop's restrictive 1 vote per 24h by using multiple IPs to vote on a daily basis. That on top of keeping up with two 12h timers, one of which might go off when we would be asleep or working, and thus unable to vote punctually. What this means for me is simply that I am going to get less nx per day now (if it were to become a permanent change).

If it is at all possible, I would very much like a separate option to just get 5k nx on a 24 hour timer if it can exist alongside the new system should it ever be implemented permanently.

11. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    No, options are not possible.

12. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    maybe this has already been said
    but i feel like this system of every 12 hours only benefits the hardcore players who will set timers
    wouldnt it be better to just allow people to vote 2 times within 24 hours?

13. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    That's the exact same issues though, isn't it? Some can vote 2 times and some don't.

14. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    the problem is that casual players will forget to vote each time for over an hour or so, that adds up really quickly
    if its just twice a day, whenever, then it'll make it easier for people to vote without forgetting or needing a timer

15. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

10:59 AM
    So i guess multiple people are having this issue.. theres nothing to do except for each of us to individually message gtop and get an answer? We might just keep missing votes waiting for that to happen.

As for me, i was on a completely different device browser and ip at work
    Another one at home on wifi
    And then i used the same browser but my phone and data and they all didnt let me vote..

Edit: i just voted now, exactly 24 hours later, using my data/phone and it worked... so rip the 4k nx i would have gotten with the old system and the 6k nx i could have gotten since this system got put into place. :(

16. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Good thing this is only for five days.

17. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    So is it impossible to allow people to vote twice at any point within 24 hours and let the first vote be 5k and the second be 1k?

• Like Like x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    No. How will we able to see that when everything is different (since if its not GTOP doesn't allow it..)?

19. Tillimdead

Tillimdead Chronos

Jun 27, 2017
    Male
    Tillimdead
    F/P Arch Mage
    Tempus
    not following, could you restate this more thoroughly?

20. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Basically no to your question.

• Funny Funny x 1