1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information GTOP100 temp. changes

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:28 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hello,

At the start of this month we'll be doing a social experiment that I wanted to know for awhile. For 5 days we'll be allowing votes every 12 hours instead of 24 hours. However, you will get 3,000 nx each time. An additional 1000 NX for the inconvenience of voting every 12 hours.

I am completely aware this is more annoying, but this is for the sake of my curiosity.

Long ago I e-mailed GTOP and asked them if its completely allowed for 1 human to vote 2 times within 24 hours, and they said "yes", as long its not by proxy. Mobile phones and whatever else is fine. In fact, they mentioned that 1 human may vote whatever many times they want, as long its not by proxy.

Personally I see huge flaws into this for kind of obvious reasons, but I don't go too much into details on that now. I have left a bit about that on my GTOP rant topic and how the rankings are completely flawed.

This change will be applied as soon the rankings reset (start of month), and will last until Thursday September 6.

GTOP itself still doesn't allow any IP to vote more than once every 24 hours, which means for the 5 day period, you will have to get a mobile device or school/work IP to vote another time 12 hours later. You are only allowed to vote 2 times every 24 hours, totalling to 6,000 NX every 24 hours. You don't have to vote on the same account twice, so you can vote on account A one time, then account B another time. But no more than two times a day!

Thank you~

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    11:28 AM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    I want 10k Nx in total, NX cloth only last 90days (T.T).
    All the players I met I will ask:
    "Why not buy some NX cloths"
    Every one say the same
    "Im saving it for gachapon"

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  3. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    will be timing be strict? as in if I vote after 11:50 hours away from the last vote (even tho I still getting 2 votes a day) will I get ban for vote abuse?

4. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Due to the experiment being a short period strictness for voting will be much less, since being strict doesn't really answer the questions I have. That doesn't mean you should vote 8 times instead of 2 though of course =P

5. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    12:28 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
  6. Keenan

Keenan King Slime

Jun 1, 2018
    Male
    USA
    Keenan
    very interesting, i'm sure we'll all enjoy the extra NX for now hehe.

7. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I will vote twice a day then, altho is gona be ab it painful to now get a second IP

8. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    GTOP allows votes daily, not once every 24 hours. Therefore, you don't need a 2nd IP if you vote with the GTOP reset in mind (12 AM EST). For example, you could vote at 8 PM EST and then 12 hours later at 8 AM EST since they see that as a new day.

https://time.is/EST

9. Adeline

Adeline Mano

Mar 23, 2018
    Female
    12:28 PM
    Adelin3
    Cleric
    N/A
    Can I vote on same account twice a in a day? since i have only one account

10. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    yes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Hi there. Not sure if this had already been brought up in feedback thread, but why don't MapleLegends implement a reset-based mechanic for voting? is it possible to implement or is there any reason why it isn't implement?
    If a two-tier voting is preferred, then have it reset at 12am and 12pm server time?
    This eliminates the delay between votes.
    Can this alternative be considered for future implementation?

My voting in the past few days
    upload_2018-8-29_0-22-43.png

12. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Because its awful to moderate when the vote timers aren't consistent for everyone.

13. iLovKimberly

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Seems like modification have to be done on the code, so that it check the days instead of vote timer, to output the results in a way that is easier for vote abuse moderation.
    I am no coder so I don't know how difficult is this.
    Maybe some staff would like to work on this during their free time? :)
    No pressure though.

Thanks for answering my doubts

14. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    It has nothing to do with code. Now everyone can vote every 24 hours, soon temp 12. If its reset with GTOP's time some may be able to vote in next 1 hour, next 1 min, next 4 hours, and so on, which is a mess to moderate.

15. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I think what he was saying is that the code used to automatically moderate vote abuse would check the date of the vote on some fixed time zone (i.e. server time) instead of checking the time elapsed since the last vote. This has advantages for the convenience of some users who are active during the time of that fixed-vote-reset (they can vote twice a few minutes apart every other day instead of having to remember to do it every 24 hours). However for players who sleep / work during that fixed-vote-reset would not get that convenience advantage (although they still have leniency on when they vote without 'losing a day' when the 24 hours inevitably ticks over their sleep schedule - it happens to all of us).

As the system is right now, everyone is the same regardless of your schedule relative to the server. As someone who is active at midnight server time, so someone who would benefit the most from this change, I think the system should remain as it is, for the sake of equity.

As for the 12 hour vote reset, I fear that the problem of 'losing a day' (half-day) will be even worse, as one of those 12 hours will more often fall into someone's sleep/work schedule and they lose the efficiency. The scientist in me would be interested in how it works out, so I hope you publish your results publicly.

16. jshyy

jshyy Timer

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    9:28 PM
    kshyy
    Outlaw
    I’m guessing you are you trying to figure out how to outcompete other servers because of GTOP’s flawed system?

17. iLovKimberly

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    Yes, what I meant is as explained by Dr Jason
    Assuming reset-based voting is feasible and worth the effort,
    If I understand correctly, you agree that 24hours reset voting is good to avoid "losing a day", which is most people (everyone) wants.

I agree with this. The same problem will happen for the 12 hours-elapsed-time system.

Suggestion: 24hour reset voting system which allows players to vote twice per reset
    "The voting resets on XX:XX server time everyday. You are allowed to vote twice per reset.
    If you are voting with multiple accounts, please keep it mind not to vote more than twice within each reset.
    You have yet to vote, you have remaining two votes before the next reset"

"The voting resets on XX:XX server time everyday. You are allowed to vote twice per reset.
    If you are voting with multiple accounts, please keep it mind not to vote more than twice within each reset.
    You have voted once, you have remaining one vote before the next reset"

You have voted twice, please wait until the next reset to vote again."

18. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    9:28 PM
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    @kimmy , has anyone ever mentioned an idea to do like a @vote command in-game to cash in your vote cash? or is that a silly idea, to just stack the points/NX upon logging in. i know some servers have done this. not asking to implement this, but asking on your thoughts of it.

19. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    10:28 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    five days doesn't seem like long enough for an experiment. Maybe at least a week or two, or the full month? As long as there aren't tons of people whining early on...

20. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    What's the point exactly? I know they exist, but that's only more tedious.