1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove the Maple TV "NPC's"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DrJason, Oct 7, 2022.

1. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    6:15 PM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I am referring to those large TV's located in most towns and the FM that do nothing but play short little animations that say "Have a great day Maplers!". I know this suggestion is a huge long shot but these things need to go.

Why remove them? Because they are large, ugly, obtrusive, redundant, they block backgrounds and map assets and generally make towns feel cluttered, they are ugly, don't match their surroundings, no one willingly pays attention to them, and they're ugly. I suppose their intended purpose was to sell those TV megaphones but I am not sure if they even work (or I have never seen them used).

Maybe leave like one of them in a town no one visits for the 1 person who finds them nostalgic.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    3:15 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    I kinda agree but I'd like to note that they do indeed work and people do use them. If you hang out in the FM entrance a lot you'll see them used somewhat regularly.

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:15 AM
    Moderator Post
    I've mentioned last month or so that we may make them optional to keep both groups happy. No ETA on that though

• Like Like x 6
  4. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    I think this would be a nice improvement.

One possible compromise - leave the TV (for use by player messages), but remove the animation. My primary issue with them is that the animation feels like a 2005 internet banner ad, it feels out of place in the game, and the movement is distracting.

Minor, but yeah, I agree.

5. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    6:15 AM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    I don't mind if there's new animations, i vaguely remember there were some custom ones made in the early days

6. OP
    OP
    DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs