1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Krythan's Journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Krythan, Nov 15, 2023.

1. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    4:29 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    A journey of experiences, experiments, projects and learnings. Presented in no particular order.

What are our long-term goals?
    1. Document our findings such that others may learn from them
    2. Run 6-man Horntail / 18-man Pink Bean
    3. Reach 30k HP on our Night Lord

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  2. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Entry #1 - Bishop

Here's Krythan. Level 16X Bishop, and the leecher behind Krythan's Leech Buying Guide. At 30,000 MP, 5,500 HP, and ~1,300 Magic, their main purpose now is to fund our other projects! We're still going to keep Stale HP Washing our bishop so it's ready for end-game bossing.

Krythan was originally a level 4X Fighter, whom was sacrificed in order to use my namesake as I jumped onto the meta-train (choo choo).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Entry #3 - Goals

As of this point in time...

What are our long-term goals
    1. Document our findings such that others may learn from them
    2. Run 6-man Horntail / 18-man Pink Bean
    3. Reach 30k HP on our Night Lord
    What are our medium-term goals?
    1. Publish our next guide
    2. Join a regular Horntail group.
    3. Upgrade our Night Lord's DPM
    4. Upgrade our Archmage to 1-hit Petri (1065 of 1255)
    5. Create our Multi-mages, and Sharp Eyes mule
    What are our short-term goals?
    1. Finish Halloween event for rings (0 of 3) & masks (1 of 3)
    2. Level up our Sharp Eyes mule (20 of 50)
    3. Level up our Multimage setup (20 of 50)
    4. Buy more Balanced Furies (4 of 8)
    Questions?

What's a good dpm target for our Night Lord? Should it be off the dummy dpm, Horntail dpm, or something else?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    1:29 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I would try to target around 6m dpm in horntail main body, though your main goal should be to get to, or very close to level 200 on your nightlord.

At that point onyx apples will put in a lot of work and you will probably be able to output enough to carry your own weight on a 18man pb run (even with modest gear) - especially if you can multi client your bishop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Thanks! A 6m dpm seems like a reasonable target... time to run a few more Horntails see where I'm currently at.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
  7. GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    1:29 AM
    You finally made a journal! Let's go~

A lot of what you'll be struggling with will be what I'll be struggling with much later, so this Journal is not only fun but also informative for me.
    Looking forward to your progress!

8. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:29 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Sweaty journals are the absolute peak of 'monkey brain see number go up, monkey brain make happy chemical'

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    I'm looking at you. You're partially to blame for all this!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Entry #4 - Fire/Poison

Here's Krythin. Our 14X Fire/Poison Archmage. We'd leveled up this character alongside our Night Lord, and we're now using it for dual-mage farming, and to sell dual-channel leech. We're currently at 1065 magic attack out of the 1255 we need to sell petri leech on the side! Adding that to our mid-term goals.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Entry #5 - Ravana

The ongoing Halloween event has been a good excuse to run more Ravana's. I've been bringing my Bishop, Night Lord, and Archmage into each run. As long as each character hits the boss at least once, they'll get 10 event points per run. About every other day, I'll start runs about 30 minutes before server reset, which allows me to run Ravana four times in a row. Runs are currently ~13 minutes each. It's nice to get a couple extra prestigious coins on the side, but we'll see if we continue to run Ravana after the event ends.

Thanks to kiwizkiwiz's Monkey Doll and Banana Peel business for subsidizing these expeditions.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:29 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Pls pin left

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Is there a trick to pinning left? I feel like pinning right is much easier. Though, I may just need fatter lines to do so. I'll find a kind soul to SE me, and see if that makes the difference.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
  14. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    4:29 PM
    Thanks for your generous support! This dolls peels business has made me lazing away from other farming activities due to the better time investment to meso returns. However, I anticipate a decline in its profitability after the event. It's good that I can take a break from the usual farming and do something else, like the card collection challenge, so I wouldn't feel burnout.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Entry #6 - Sharp Eyes

As we're wrapping up the Halloween event, wanted to introduce our newest character! With over 3 million NX saved on this account, it's ready for us to make yet another ranged attacker with Thirty Thousand Hit Points!

[​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Entry #7 - Hunter

The adventures of making a highly washed character continue! Doing the job advancements on a character with no damage is a fun challenge. I've written about this in the past when we did the second job advancement and third job advancement on our Night Lord.

The second job advancement is considerably easier, primarily due to the lack of a strict time limit. We used the starter bow with 7x 100% scrolls, +12 attack gloves, about ~25 DEX from scrolled equipment, and some accuracy pots. After about 10 minutes, I swapped the bow for a frozen tuna to finish the challenge. You can do the challenge on ciders, but we used 2x heartstoppers to save some time.

[​IMG]

17. Whisp

Whisp Horny Mushroom

Jun 3, 2015
    3:29 AM
    I love how you also include everything you're using to get past the advancements! Great for other people that are making washed characters.

• Like Like x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    I remember failing the third job advancements on my (yet to be) Night Lord and thinking, is this even possible? So, I like to convince others that it's fun and do-able!

WhispWhisp this journal is all because of you! Wouldn't have done it without your peer pressure :)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
  19. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Entry #8 - Halloween Points

While the PQ and the Raffle were a whiff, I did enjoy that the addition of event pumpkin points encouraged quite a few extra boss runs.

Fun Fact: Any characters in a given boss map only need to hit the boss' last body in order to get event points! With this, we could bring the Bishop, Night Lord, and Archmage into each boss, and simply have any characters not in the attacking party wait in the corner until the end where they would attack the boss once. With this, each character got event points for every run of Ravana (10), Zakum (35), and Krex (40) that we did. Way faster then point farming!

With this, we've collected the remaining event masks, and finished our zombie rings... and accomplished the first milestone on our short-term goals!

[​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Entry #9 - Leveling Party

You've met the Sharp Eyes mule, now meet the rest of the party! As much as I love buying leech, sometimes it's better to just do it yourself. Thanks to how the party bonus, and Holy Symbol scale with party size, why leech a single character, when you can leech five in (only) twice the time? Here's the chart - thanks to NightzNightz.

Thus, the "leveling party" is born. We'll be slowly self-leeching these four characters between other activities. I like to have a backlog of solo projects to work on, as I often play in the early hours of EST when the server can be pretty quite. With this, here are our updated goals:

What are our short-term goals?
    1. Finish Halloween event for rings & masks - DONE!
    2. Level up our Sharp Eyes mule (43 of 50)
    3. Level up our Multimage setup (43 of 50)
    4. Buy more Balanced Furies (4 of 8)

[​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 7