1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Just another thread on washing a night lord (30k)

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Krythan, Oct 20, 2022.

1. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    4:55 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    there's no reason to mp wash earlier if you want 30k hp on NL (and thats what OP is talking about). it isnt more effective

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    3:55 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    faelfael Agreed! You could hit MP/HP goals earlier, but at the cost of more overall NX, and more NX required before you could wash out your INT?

I take this back! This method would provide another +500 hp for the same NX cost (16-20 per, vs 16 per AP Reset over 50 levels), but delays how fast you can put AP into LUK. With Stale Washing, you can put AP into LUK as soon as you level up. With Fresh AP HP Washing, you need the NX to AP Reset before you can put those points into LUK.

Thus, Fresh HP Washing only makes sense if you a.) have extra NX or b.) are willing to delay your damage (LUK) as you level.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    12:55 AM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Clone Kyrin just standing there in the back of a cave going, "What the fuck happened, mate?" :roflmao:

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  4. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    3:55 PM
    Beginner
    i said it'd be cheaper for him cause his mp goal was not 11k mp. of course mp wash earlier would increase total nx spent but the point about washing earlier was to "gain more potential" not save nx

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. marki

marki Red Snail

Oct 20, 2022
    Well at first I was just testing on how hard would it be to wash a 30k HP NL but as time went by, it soon stretched into "how far can i get my MP to?". Which would give great efficiency when using % pot.

For my 30k/10k NL
    1. Got to 180 base int and started MP washing.
    2. Continued MP wash and Reset into INT till 440.
    3. Stale HP washing to survive HT by lvl 120 (depends if u want to pay extra for afk htp svcs).
    4. By lvl 155 I reduced base int from 440 to 280 for HT cause the crave became real.
    5. Slowly reduced base int to 4 by approx lvl 161 because MP washing change of goals.
    6. Got to 24k+ HP by lvl 165 and switched to Fresh HP washing per level till lvl 200.
    7. Preparing for potentially exceeding 30k HP by lvl 200 by not over HP washing.

I did zakum at lvl 135 with 440 base int as well, just have to find less demanding friends to boss with.

As for stale washing, it really depends when you'll perform it, I recommend to only stale HP wash when you've resetted your base int to 4 if you're strict on nx usage. For me, I had 18,000 HP by lvl 120 which meant i could just leave my character on the floor in HT and Card hunting without worrying and grabbing a coffee and watch some news. So right now I'm just leveling slowly towards 200 and while nearing it, I'll either continue my fresh HP wash or stop and land nicely at 30k by lvl 200. Yes indeed I've resulted in spending more than what was necessary by 1. MP washing earlier and 2. Over MP washing. But it was worth it to have as much potential HP/MP than capping my HP/MP potentials with the nx efficiency route. MP above 5k helped me lots QOL wise in HT too.

GL mate! Foxpat

6. marki

marki Red Snail

Oct 20, 2022
    Either u avoid tauro at all costs and apart from apples, a good skanda and luk gears instead of WA + heartstoppers works easily. Could even reset some INT into LUK. Alternatively, you could try going Double-Stab instead of L7 for 3rd job as L7 scales based on Luk. Daggers works well when !812567 tauro spawns.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oliwia

Oliwia Mano

Jun 17, 2020
    9:55 AM
    Oliwia, Toosie, Tyber
    Pasta
    This is my NL which I did 300 base INT and MP washed once I reached 300 INT and MP washed all levels until 16x or so (i had other chars to play meanwhile so I never felt stressed about playing it)

HP 13403 / 13403 (11853)
    MP 18945 / 18945 (17856)

Also overdid MP washing a bit but its always nice with a bigger MP pool. Removed 296 INT once I had the AP resets ready around late 16x. The account only had 200k NX when I started and I've already used 3450300 NX in AP Resets in less then 11 months. Would've probably been more efficient to go with a higher base INT and less # of MP washes but it ended up fine :)

GL with your char!

8. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    Assuming lvl 170 to be safe, the Minimum MP of your thief would be ((14*170)+148) = 2,528 MP;
    Leaving you with (17,856 - 2,528 =) 15,328 MP to use for washing;
    Which translates to (15,328/12 =) 1,277 HP washes;or
    (1,277 * 18 =) 22,896 additional HP on average.

In other words, you hit the 30k goal quite a while ago.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Oliwia

Oliwia Mano

Jun 17, 2020
    Oliwia, Toosie, Tyber
    Pasta
    Yep, I figured I might aswell keep going since having some extra MP is a nice QoL.

10. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    That's where I'm hitting a snag in my work, trying to find a way to present the information and explain it. I'm at a point where I'm basically going to have to pull together a bunch of bookmarks and saved threads just to give credit where credit is due.

Not gonna hijack this thread for that, though. It's coming, just might take longer than I anticipated lolOnionSweatie

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    10:55 AM
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    You can have 30k hp by lv 130

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    You could, however I wouldn't recommend it unless you're sitting on a surplus of NX. I would certainly recommend taking the most NX-efficient path possible, as it's not like you're fighting any bosses that can hit that hard at 130. Anything gains at that level are just novelty.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    10:55 AM
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    mp wash from lv 63-102,fresh ap into mp reset to int
    102-135 fresh ap into mp reset to luk
    135 reset base int to luk/dex

135-200 bossing?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    The year is 2023.

Krythen is now level 115.

The plan is going well.

What have I learned? Leeching to level 150 is quite the task! I'm updating the original plan to include more MP Washing, as per ThugliferThuglifer's and others comments! I'd initially optimized the strategy around NX efficiency, though it may make sense to spend some more NX, and reduce the level you have to leech to.

By starting to MP Wash earlier, that is before you've reached the 400 INT goal, you can create more MP... but at a higher NX cost. The benefit here, is more MP means that you can reduce the target level you have to wash to. For ex: MP Washing starting earlier could reduce the target level to 140 instead of 150... saving about 300m+ mesos of leech, or ~60+ hours of self leech for about 400k more NX. Worth it? Depends on how much NX and meso you have.

15. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    2:55 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    please reconsider keeping old target level, 300m is a drop in the bucket in long term

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    just get free leech like everyone else by making people carry u thru zak

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Good point! When you say it like that, it doesn't sound too bad.

I did this last month!! Short answer? Onyx apples. I was able to complete the 3rd job advancement fight with 400 Base INT, and 4 LUK, using:
    • 2x Onyx Apple
    • Sniper Pills
    • MW20
    • Maple Skanda, and other equip.
    • About 10m worth of scrolling to make some temporary gear.
    I almost ran out of time.

The hardest part was killing the tauros mobs, since they sometimes spawned faster then you could kill them. Once there are more than 4+ on the map, it becomes harder and harder to get the distance needed to throw your stars.

In hindsight, it would have been nice to start with fight with either GM Buffs, Echo, and/or Sharp Eyes.

Link: More about passing the first job advancement challenge.

Update: We did the 3rd job advancement on a Hunter as well. A scrolled maple bow, att. gear, a single onyx apple, and a few maple pops and it was a breeze.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
  18. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    What have I learned so far? If I were to do this again, I think I would start MP Washing at 200 Base INT. Even though I would be under my 400 Base INT goal, I would be able to generate more MP, faster (at the cost of higher NX). In my opinion, the original post over-emphasized the importance of NX efficiency, and I should have taken more consideration into how to reach my goals sooner. I hadn't truly comprehending the different of having to leech to level 130 vs. leeching to level 150.

What do I do now? I currently have 400 Base INT. As I MP Wash, I may AP Reset some of those points into INT until a Base INT of ~500. It will increase my NX costs, but generate more overall MP.

If there's interest, I'll write up an updated post on how to wash to 30k based on everything that's been learned during this process.

19. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You should really just use a melee weapon and ignore the summons.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I did this for my last wave of NLs and ended my wash at 140. I'm at 4.4m nx spent and ~12.3k hp at 144 with 30k potential, but it's been fully playable since I washed out and will be fully playable moving forward, so I don't really care too much to rush to 30k.

For those thinking of making NLs in this format, you probably want ~3.5m nx before you start if you're looking to play immediately. You can lower this number by a few 100k nx the more you prolong your wash.