1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shadower changes you’d want

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thuglifer, Apr 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    4:46 PM
    Beginner
    So this has been in the back of my mind for quite some time and had some mini discussions with fellow folks. Was thinking if we can change up shad a little, maybe a little more exciting by being able to use only BSTEP (does not remove Dark Sight upon usage) and ASSASINATE while in Dark Sight. Meanwhile, the Assassinate would be charging 1x during the first two combo (i.e. DS + BSTEP) and by the time Assassinate were to be casted, it'd have a charge of 1x instead of 0.

Edit:
    1. As for DS + Bstep concern during grinds uses close to 0 HP pot. First we'd have to find out the pot costs on avg for shads in 7F, and maybe then we could see how much of a big impact the DS changes would have for the grinding aspect, if it's too over powered or not. Do note that Mobs do have magic skills that can inflict dmg while in DS but with the bstep stuns, maybe a lower stun rate could balance out and allow for more magic dmg instead of physical.

Cast delays:
    Dark Sight: ?
    Savage Blow: ?
    Meso Explosion: ?
    Bstep:690ms
    Assassinate: ?

we would need to lower Nate’s charge frequency from every 1s to fit the duration it takes to cast DS and end BSTEP, which would be estimated at < 1s. Do note that you can’t pot while in DS, but one of the reasons why I feel this wouldn’t cause more harm (esp during 1/1 and magic combo scenarios for unwashed shads) than good for shads in bossing scenarios is cause of the iframe bstep has.

Combo 1: Single and Multiple Target
    - DS > Bstep > Nate (w 0.5s ish per charge)

Combo 2: Single and Multiple Target
    - DS > Bstep (spam Bstep till max charge) > Nate

Now, some optional stuff we could do as well. If we also allow Savage blow (increasing 80% > 100%?) to be used while in Dark Sight. I’m kinda skeptical about SB buffs and how much it’d affect early chief bandits who chose the grinding route than meso bombing but I guess it’d be kinda fine due to the short-ranged nature of the skill. We could get an additional potentially useful combo:

Combo 3: Single Target
    - DS> Savage Blow (spam SB till max charge) > Nate

Combo 4: Single and Multiple Target
    - DS> Bstep > Savage Blow (spam Bstep/SB till max charge) > Nate

- Allow Bstep and/or Savage Blow to be used while in Dark Sight but does not remove Dark Sight upon usage.
    - Reduce per charge basis from 1s to fit duration it takes to Dark Sight and end Bstep (est < 1s).

Alternatives:
    1. Allow SE to apply on Assassinate’s First 4 lines. (impossible to implement?)
      - would estimate a likely +3% overall dpm boost (dummy target – only DS+Nate) I could be wrong.
      - I really like this, could even be a 1st step in appropriate changes.
    2. Increase Assassinate success rate 90% > 100%.
    3. Increase Assassinate Crit dmg 250% > 350%.
    4. Increase Assassinate’s Attack from 625% > 680%.
    5. Allow Assassinate speed to be based on overall speed (weapon and booster/SI)
    6. Fully charged Assassinate would give Damage +10% buff for 60s when used.
      - Taking some inspiration from Heartstopper/ Unripe Apple/ Combo attack’s orbs dmg bonus, tho in most scenarios, it’s most likely orbs are charged much faster than the current charge time of 12s for assassinate. Was thinking of an initial 20s buff but seemed way too short to to be worth it for a minor dpm boost. Would be cool if some sort of combo of this (6th) with the 7th or 8th line is plausible.
    7. Remove Dark sight requirement to perform Assassinate and every 8s (could be lower) from last use of Assassinate to be max charged.
      - Opening possible pathways of using various skills inbetween while waiting for the max charge timer rather than waiting for 12s in DS.
    8. Remove Dark Sight requirement to perform Assassinate and retain mechanics for charging Assassinate in Dark Sight (Duo-function skill).
      - would estimate a likely +10% overall dpm boost (no real way to test this other than using DS v Nate delay, the time it takes to DS+Nate vs Nate and pings).

9. Reducing Assassinate’s charge time of 12s > 4s.
      - Somehow a few of us do not get full charge on 8s after DS, could possibly be because of the 1st second of being in DS isn’t counted right away upon casting and instead it’s more like 12-13s, considering lags and all.
      - Falling off cliffs/sed would allow for max charge on ds walk back to spot.
    10. Removing Assassinate's Dash animation.
      - could even remove the MP req for the Dash portion.
    11. Increasing Assaulter Dmg 450% > 600%.
      - helps in HT wings/ Zak arms while repositioning
    12. Increasing Shield Mastery's defense 100% > 200%.
    13. Adding a base of 500 P.Def to Shield Mastery.
    14. Increase Meso Guard duration from 120 seconds -> 180 seconds
    15. ME to have a base Crit %.
    16. Increase ME aoe range by 2 pixels on left and right, or 2x.
    17. Apply SE on ME, with boosted dmg% bonus.
    18. ME damage applies even on Weapon or Magic Cancel.
    19. Bonus Damage on ME during Weapon or Magic Cancel.
    20. ME damage applies even on Damage Reflect and/or No damage taken by caster of ME during Damage Reflect.
    21. Bonus Damage on ME during Damage Reflect.
    22. Allow Potting while in DS (shadowers only)
    23. Allow Assassinate to be mid-air castable.
    24. Toggle-able Assassinate for Dash (on/off)
    25. Increasing Assaulter Vertical range by 1.5x of existing pixel.
    26. Max Charge removes meso costs on Meso Guard for 2mins.
    27. Max Charge applies a +1,000 W.Def and +2,000 M.Def for 120s. (note, it will remove buffs such as HT/PB)
    28. Max Charge removes Damage Reflect reflect to player and/or allows any subsequent skills for the next 60s to cause damage. (yes, this might cause some confusion to non-shads when DR appears especially in PB, kinda exciting ngl :/)
    29. Max Charge adds 1 additional damage line that deals 75% of the first line.
    30. Max Charge applies a 50% Critical rate chance and/or 25% Damage on Assasinate for 60s. (Shad ver of SE)
    31. Increasing BOT horizontal range by 1 pixel.
      - With existing hitbox range, It isn't very intuitive for shadowers to use said skills for majority of bosses. On occasions, BOT has a hit/proc chance with a rate of 50% or so on RH/wings/arms.
    32. Increasing Assaulter Horizontal range by 1.5x of existing pixel.
      - Perhaps to the point where jumping off top left/right platforms in HT allows assaulter to reach Mid head and land shadowers onto the opposite top platform.
      - Would be nice to see more mobility in especially HT when maneuvering between knockdowns, dp, rebuffs.
    33. Assassinate:
      - Lowering Directional Nate (last hit) Delay by half
      Usually, this would lower one's dpm to an efficiency of 88-90% that of pure nate's spam without directional inputs. Also with the added nuances of turning around and facing the target again, where i feel with the lower delay could compensate better for the added effort.

Also, directional keys only activates directional nate if pressed 1 time within 0.5-1s roughly (right before the 4th line appears) or holding down on the arrow key. Where I feel utilizing JUMP as a 'cancel like function' allows for some quick correction of character placement in certain maps and/or avoiding landing on that body touch/musical note.
    34. SmokeScreen to have blinking indicative visual of ending
    *suggested numerical values are rough estimates

Please do leave your thoughts along with any other creative ideas you have here! And if you liked any part, maybe we could expand on some of it into further depth! :p

Last edited: Jul 17, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.