1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shadower changes you’d want

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thuglifer, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    6:42 AM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    You know, I've always been so focused on the idea of making nate dancing (i.e. dashing back and forth without having to manually turn around) more viable by slightly increasing the posterior hitbox of nate that I somehow never even considered the possibility of also just lowering the delay or cast time of the dash attack (and possibly buffing its damage as well if necessary) so as to justify the additional time needed to manually turn around. Big fan of any change that makes shad more interesting and interactive.

2. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    9:42 PM
    Beginner
    Yes i actually had a crazier idea prior to typing the aforementioned, but felt this crazy idea may require drastic changes in animation and character positioning codes. One of which was; If directional Assassinate is activated, Character will end skill facing in opposite direction from casted direction (i.e Nate + Right will result in caster to end the directional nate facing Left, allowing for another cast of Nate). Meaning this way, shads would have the fun appeal to keep dashing back and forth via pressing nate + directional key and not directional key + nate + directional key, removing that split second of manually turning our character facing.

Which could unintentionally be a better improved version of Assaulter lol

Last edited: Jul 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2023
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    10:42 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    a perhaps unpopular opinion: some rework that makes savage blow usable in mid game (lv 150ish?)

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I'd like Savage Blow to have an innate crit chance. I don't care about buffs but I think it would be super fun!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. asaniqq

asaniqq Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Beasee
    Shadower
    Have seen several high level Shad mains complain about the class being brain dead in certain bosses. A possible re-work could be centered on an actual Shadow Partner active duration skill into the shadower kit similar to battleship for Corsair. Certain skills such as Assaulter will only be available when Shadow Partner is active (the Shadow Partner, like Corsair ship, has HP that scales with level and can also dodge monster attacks at a fixed percentage from base avoid and shadow shifter) and combined with Meso Guard mechanics, should make Shadower resource management a bit more engaging and less brain dead.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    i think staff should make shadowers hit gooder

• Disagree x 2
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  8. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    All jokes aside I still think it would be awesome if smokescreen had its cooldown reduced with the more damage you do. When the shad does a lot of damage, they could use smoke more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    Multiple requests here about Savage Blow reworks, I got to thinking for ways to create some excitement as well as to how to allow a changed skill to co-exist better with different playstyles. Here are some thoughts as to how we could potentially save this forgotten skill.

SAVAGE BLOW
    1. Allowing some form of chance to heal HP/ Life Steal on hit
    - This would be a % of DMG done on mob/boss that shouldn't be overly compensated (i.e 2% - 5%) with a % success rate (i.e 20% or more).
    - DPM wise it's pretty bad as compared to nate hence this could serve the pre-4th job grinders only.

2. Marking target with Savage Blow for Bonuses
    - For a % success rate (i.e could be 100%; similar to Bullseye, just that Savage blow actually requires individuals going up close)
    - Bonuses could either be based on an "Individual Target" or "Applied as a Buff" to the individual.
    - Visual indicators on skill Uptime could allow for some Brighter Red Glow on Key and a Buff icon on the Buff bar.

-- A % Life steal on DMG dealt for all skills except ME (Duration: 10s or so, Cooldown: 90s)
    Using 1% as an example and the highest DMG accumulator per cast; Assassinate, 199k of max charged Assassinate would deal a total of 800k-4 w/o directional line which would reach a ceiling of 8k HP recovery which is usually performed during WC, DR, Sed. Say 60k per line of Nate, would yield 2.4k HP recovery and whomever goes for the extra effort/risk of Directional nate would reap slightly more recovery. Interestingly, If one were to time SB to get said 1% Bonus, they'd have to go into DS immediately and countdown and Nate right before the duration expires.​

Cleave situations, the "Applied Buff to the individual" would most likely be most beneficial, as you'd have to tag every target if went with the "Individual Target" route. When cleaving using Bstep, say 35k per line x2 and hitting the cap of 4 targets would = 2.8k HP recovered. Whereby using BOT during 3rd job phase would also be further encouraged as well as in Core Blaze, when the spawn grows to 3-4. and/or

-- A % Bonus DMG for all Skills (Duration: 10s or so, Cooldown: 90s, individual only)
    Say 5% roughly might be a fair trade-off to draw individuals to cast Savage Blow for It's limited time duration.​

3. 100% Stun Monster on hit.

CHAKRA
    Alternatively, we could use this Life Steal Mechanics and rework it onto CHAKRA: Heals 1% of DMG dealt (ME non-applicable) for 10s with maybe a cooldown of 90s.

ASSASSINATE
    Could only apply 1% Heal based on Directional Assassinate only (5th optional line).
    - Max Charged = 1,999 HP
    - 60k Line = 600 HP

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    In a spur of the moment, was wondering if the above reduces One's dmg output (leaning more towards -WA) momentarily for Life Steal and reverting dmg back to pot-ed and buffs range after duration without repotting/buffing is possible (i.e. similar to accuracy debuff received > ACP > bless accuracy retained). Given how Chakra can be considered tagged as a buff than a pot, maybe then only rebuffing is required.

Alternatively, Re-worked Chakra could instead reduce Avoid and/or Shifter than WA/Dmg output.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    • Creative Creative x 2
  11. CauTion

CauTion Master Chronos

Nov 5, 2019
    Israel
    4:42 PM
    Thief
    Siege
    Make chakra same as armor crash

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    3:42 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Pickpocket
    Increase Meso drop from 200meso to 500meso
    (better for Meso explosion)

Chakra
    Completely revamp the skill.
    The idea behind Chakra, in cultivation cultures is to develop the skills of utilizing your inner chakra wheels like in breathing or energies in the body.
    Could say that, the Chakra here is relative to the innermost skill of Chief Bandits to become more agile in combat when under danger.

Make it work as a passive Avoid buff when a certain HP% criteria is passed.
    Like below HP 50%, Avoid is increased by 1% (1 SP) up to 5~10% (30 SP)
    Should be interesting to see people have Meso guard metas where they work like DKs to keep below 30%.

On average this would mean that a shad, while bossing could increase its avoid by maybe +50 avoid while below a certain %HP

Shield Mastery
    The most useless piece of shit skill one could ever get on 3rd job.
    Change the % into actual values.
    1 SP gives +1 WDef
    30 SP gives +30 WDef

Savage Blow
    Increase the latent DMG from 80% up to 100%
    Its the only reason why people don't dagger on early LVLs, cause stars still do more dmg per cast

Ninja Ambush
    The skill would be an interesting small-range AoE for shads, but its generally pretty shit cause of the dmg.
    Would increase the 30SP from 100% dmg to 150-200% dmg

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    10:42 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    dojo is the rework to chakra
    chakra is usefull as f*** at dojo, also, +5 all belt is a good deal for shadower

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    I would say each job has it's niche when it comes to dealing with bosses, especially debuffing power/def ups, I certainly wouldn't want a cut and paste skill from crash onto shad tho.

Interesting take on Chakra, although I myself wouldn't want shads to gain more avoid from their current baseline. promoting somewhat of a further afk gameplay or indirectly buff over-washed sed mules.

As for Shield, Thanks for bringing it up again, many in the past have already expressed how they'd prefer a fixed value instead of %. Very likely It'd be predominantly buffing D.Khanjar users since most shads opt for the tradeable shields as compared to the timeless List. Thieves shields are a mix bags of offering only W.Def or M.Def or Both, seeing how Timeless List becomes untradeable and considered end game for now, maybe then Timeless List could have M.Def added roughly half of the W.Def (45 M.Def) or a little more W.Def increment.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    9:42 AM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    Ambush being a proper ele neutral phys cleave DoT that takes strategy to use but noticeably increases dpm could almost be shadower's panic/coma rework

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    Interesting that you've brought it up. Still uncertain about how this skill may potentially fit but I feel that it could be repurposed rather than reworked as DOT fits the nature of the skill "For a set period of time, a group of ninjas hiding around the bushes will periodically ambush up to 6 monsters at once." + 12s duration.

Assuming the DPM wouldn't be far off (100k - 300k dpm per target) compared to without Ambush, take Core as an example, I have my doubts that It'd allow for significantly faster Imperial Clears (28 - 85mins of DOT to clear 1-6 Imperial). There's a good chance we can repurpose it from Mobs to Boss as well as only work on Weapon Cancel to suit certain scenarios while reducing targets from 6 to 3ish (HT Heads if AoE increased, x out of 3 on WC during cast). Potentially increasing it's duration from 12s to say 40s to somewhat match HT/Ariel's WC uptime for the skill to be even worth, other than Pianus/Scarga's short uptime.

17. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    3:42 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    The fact I said the skill should be a passive activating only when under 50%, so it doesn't make the game very afkable anyway