1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Stop CWKPQ bonus items from falling through walls

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Thuglifer, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    9:24 PM
    Beginner
    Ever had the time when your boxes on the top corners of the walls drop your most valuable Items, only to not drop on the wall but through the walls? Namely, the TOP left and TOP right boxes. Leading to the unnecessary loss of the item either by not having sufficient time or being unnoticed.

I'd like to suggest to have the items from chests that potentially could have gone past walls to rebound back onto the same platform. Additionally, reduce meso/spillage distance of items from all boxes and/or position boxes for #2 and #3 nearer towards the right. Another alternative, would be to kindly increase the timer of the Bonus stage by 10-20s or so which could give sufficient time to reach said items.
    cwk4 wall.jpg

Edit: #1: items fall thru walls, #2 items falls to middle and bottom, #3 items falls to middle

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    2:24 PM
    Moderator Post
    Could you show an example of this? In video would be even better. The reason is that such changes need map edits, and if I see the problem visually I can see much better if this is fixable or not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    If time would allow me I would be able to provide for a video but It usually happens on the TOP LEFT box right next to the wall. Either the bottom of the wall on that top platform was coded for not allowing items to exceed past the pixel nearing the floor levels only or the whole wall allows items to fly thru it's pixels.

4. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    usually its the top left boxes for the no.1 and no.2 of $cwkpq 4.
    The loots would often spill out of the platform.

5. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    Added: picture
    I know for certain spot 1 (top left drops thru) and now spot 2 (top right) as well thanks.

6. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    So the only way I would be able to fix that (assuming I get what the issue is) is to block both sides with walls. However, that means people can no longer go down from either sides. I assume jump down works fine in that map. Is that okay?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    cwk4 wall.jpg Yes jump down works fine there! I guess a wall on the left side of #1 would be fine but #2 and #3 overspills onto the middle small platform and #2 would drop down to the bottom which is an issue at times. Thru some discussions, a change in spill range from boxes by shortening the distance or position #2 and #3 boxes further towards the right may be sufficient and require no walls on the right side

8. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    i think the spill distances could be reduced and/or making the boxes smaller and shifting the spawn points away from the edges of the platform. blocking the walls doesn't help with no.2 and no.3.

9. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I've tried to look into this but it seems drops completely bypass walls altogether. Unfortunately, more work takes time and experimenting, and we don't have said time now. Won't definitely be addressed for the upcoming Halloween patch, but will try things after that.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    yea, its a slight QOL thing. usually affects pub cwks. friends cwk are usually kind enough to pick up stuffs for one another.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    true, till untradeable cape/ nx drops

12. Moon

Moon Slime

Jul 19, 2020
    Male
    6:24 AM
    Laughatpain
    Bishop
    Is it possible to reduce the number of individual meso drops so the boxes don't open as wide? Could compensate to adjusting drops to cash instead of gold/bronze coins.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    9:24 AM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    yes

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    Bump, any updates on this? Demon tower pq has lots of these said "fake walls" as well

Meanwhile, I'll take this opportunity to provide some ideas i had for this Event here.
    - Perhaps maybe killing mobs in tower should give 1 silver coin (for 1 hit hp mobs: box), 2 silver coins (for 2 hit hp mobs: goblin, fire and purple flyers) and 5 silver coins (for golem).
    - Also, ea tier of mobs could have a range of % chance to drop 1 heart orbs (roughly box mob = 1% rate, goblin/etc = 2% rate, golem = 5%) which may well retain the competitive JQ theme.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    10:24 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Just removing mesos from boxes can solve issue.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. OP
    OP
    Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    not really, its more of a spread issue; if say multiple item spawns, it may still go thru the walls. Also, it'd be a nicer fix to see this applied throughout future events or maps to prevent also player getting knocked out of maps; solving the problem at hand first.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    why do the CWKPQ boxes need to drop amounts in 58, 49 and 53 mesos alongside Dark Scroll for Bow for ATT 30% ?

18. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    The Demon tower maps sadly were too "recent" to be properly fixed with my map editing software, I didn't have enough time to update it. The only possible fix for falling out of the map is to correctly link platforms.

As for the CWKPQ bonus, it will definitely be looked into for the PQ revamp.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    Thank you PastaPasta for doing such amazing work time and time again, keep it up!