1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

ML Community Pulse Check Q3 2021 (inspired by joota)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xiaoyaoz, Oct 20, 2021.

1. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    11:38 AM
    Heated discussion somewhere in the forum bla bla bla..
    I'd love to get a pulse check to gauge the community's thoughts on different classes.

If you're interested, please fill out this new form:
    https://forms.gle/qx4bEdmWpWNAb32b7

After I get a number of responses, I'll summarize the results with pretty figures! SlimeSmile

Leave comments if you think the form is shit and need some kind of reform :whistling:

• Great Work x 6
    • Friendly x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Useful x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    xiaoyaoz

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    Just a reminder that the responses may not be a representative sample of the maplelegend population.
    Just take these results as a glimpse into what some maplelegend players think about the current state of the game.
    I'll also give some thoughts on some of the interesting responses and how I think about them.

Part 1
    [​IMG]
    Firstly, the demographic of the responses shows majority of the responses come from the so called "covid players" which is from the year 2020 and after.
    So, responses are more bias towards how maplelegends is for how it is now compared to older players may think of how maplelegends is used to be and how it has been progressing.

[​IMG]
    With more than half of responses are from casual players (<20 hours), the results may not be representative of a deep understanding of the state of the game, but rather just an impression of how things are and how it is affecting their casual gameplay.

[​IMG]
    A fair amount of responses from each classes with the exception of I/L mages. Not sure why, maybe I/L players just don't like doing forms :(
    Sadly, we don't have any responses from beginner players.

Part 2
    [​IMG]
    Seems about equally same around the type of content being done across different class with the exception of leeching where only mages will do.

[​IMG]
    3 classes that seem to be doing many categories of content are bishops, buccaneers and shadowers.
    Majority of people likes to do bossing, grinding, and card hunting.

Part 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Majority of the responses are either balanced or requiring more buff with bossing requiring more attention together with pink bean.

There are some very interesting suggestions for reasonable and balance changes, I recommend people reading them in the full response results:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lkr_cCBiOJ1rbBmhQkO5Y262KOb7HzFsAH1XztRIPE8/viewanalytics

Thanks for everyone who participated in this Pulse Check activity, hope you have a good time doing it and looking at the results!
    Pretty awesome that we achieved 88 responses, maybe we can reach 100 responses next time! :D

p/s: kinda lazy to write on deeper insight stuffs, interpret the responses yourself :p

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:38 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    We're nearing extinction

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    xiaoyaoz

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    Interesting how in the thread for "what is the worst class", I/L is not even the bottom 5 and yet in the Pulse Check, I/L has such underwhelming responses.
    It's like.. they are a forgotten class and people don't even bother making a respond for them.
    Is I/L class just not being played or are they just not bothered with filling this Pulse Check? :unsure:

5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I feel like with how the pulse check was made it asks "What class would you like to comment on? (something that you main)" and for lots of people there is not that much to comment on for I/L mages as they are decently balanced overall and they'd probably rather comment on a different class (maybe another they main)

If I had mained Dark Knight and I/L I'd probably only fill in the form with DK selected for example

6. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Another reason why I personally felt like my I/L addition (which I did submit) would not add much in the spirit of the "Which class is worst"-debate was the fact that this debate seemed to be largely centered around how well each class fares in bossing.
    I personally (and I think a lot of others) don't play my I/L as a bossing class and everyone knows how strong they are in mobbing, so commenting on it felt somewhat...pointless.

7. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    6:38 AM
    I think it's interesting to see that archer players (both MMs and BMs) seem to think that they need to be buffed for grinding (I personally think they're balanced, or maybe a bit too good at grinding despite their ability to boss well.) I've personally grinded on a BM and I've seen and duo'd with other archers (both classes) so I'm not really sure what buffs they're expecting. Do we want archers to be able to both mob/grind as well as warriors while also doing significantly more dpm at bosses? I can already achieve 50-55m eph with an int bm, so I'm not really sure what sorts of buffs are warranted o-o. Sure, they're not as good as warriors but they're already quite good at grinding at least at 7F.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    7:38 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Shaolin mobs don't freeze anymore so its always better to make an F/P for leech. And the other reason might be cuz not many I/L bossers in the community.

9. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    8:38 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Great work!

• Friendly Friendly x 2