1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick guide for obtaining Genesis skill/Life Roots

Discussion in '(Party) Quests' started by fael, Sep 10, 2022.

1. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    5:41 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Heyo!

I'm a HTPQ seller and for a long time I've been having problems on showing updated guides to people who reach me needing Genesis but don't know how to proceed with prequests. With recent updates on Horntail prequest, some people get lost when reading the guides available out there, and also I've never found a good Genesis prequest guide around. For that reason, I wanna share here some informations that can help you all (and myself).

So, you just turned Bishop and you're wanting to get Genesis. You must know there are 3 quests to be done:
    1. Genesis questline
    2. Horntail prequest
    3. Horntail Party Quest (HTPQ)
    I'm interested on explaining first and second parts, because those are needed before starting the third part (HTPQ), and my intention with this is actually show a guide to my buyers LOL. If you came here just needing Life Roots/HTPQ or if you have any questions, then feel free to talk to me on Discord faaeel (or fael#2318). My IGNs are Braza, Rappa or Fael, but I haven't been playing much lately, so it will be much easier to find me on Discord!
    IF YOU'RE STILL SEEING THIS, THEN I'M STILL SELLING THIS SERVICE!

Ok, so here's a brief summary just for you to understand: on the last mission of the Genesis questline (to actually get your Genesis Skill), you will be asked for an item (Life Roots) that is obtainable through the Horntail Party Quest (HTPQ), and, to start HTPQ, you must finish the Horntail prequest. Check it out:

I'll write it specifically by parts because you will have more than one quest available on most NPCs, so pay attention on exactly what quest you must get and exactly what quest you must finish, or you will end up losing time on travels.
    1. In El Nath, start with Robeira (3rd job instructor). Open the quest Robeira's Book.
    2. Go see Wiz the Librarian, in Helios Tower (Ludibrium's right tower). He will probably show you a lot of quests available, but you must proceed with Robeira's Book (quest in progress).
    3. Still on same NPC, open A Magician's Story quest.
    4. He will ask you to see Grendel the Really Old (1st job instructor) in Ellinia. Proceed with A Magician's Story quest.
    5. At same NPC, open Another Crazy Genius?! quest.
    6. He's gonna ask you to meet Shammos. It's a green goblin located in same place of Robeira, on 3rd job house in El Nath, on the basement. You must proceed with Another Crazy Genius?! quest.
    7. At same NPC, you open Shammos! quest.
    8. Travel back to Grendel the Really Old, in Ellinia and proceed with Shammos! quest.
    9. At same NPC, start Grendel the Really Old's Apology.
    10. Travel back to Shammos, in El Nath, and proceed with Grendel the Really Old's Apology.
    11. At the same NPC, you will get Robeira's Intention and from now it will be just a small sequence of quests between Shammos and Robeira, right where you are. Just keep going until you get the last mission called Genesis, when you will be asked for Life Roots.
    You must have your quest log like this to be (almost) done with Genesis questline. You can proceed to Horntail prequest section.
    upload_2022-9-10_11-51-41.png

This part is where a lot of people struggle with. Most of guides you gonna see around don't match with our last update on this quest. There's already a guide for this part on our forums, but it had some outdated images too, so I'll write again anyway.

1. You gonna start in Leafre, on Chief Tatamo. Ask him for Moira's Whereabouts quest.
    2. You need to find Moira, the girl inside the cage. She is basically located on the map furthest from the city. To be fast, you can get the black taxi, on right of Chief Tatamo, and you will be moving to the right on all maps, passing through Skelegons, until you find her. Finish Moira's Whereabouts.
    3. Still on Moira, get War of the Dragons (or Secret Medicine for Transformation, if that's not your first time doing it). It will asks you for 10 Tough Dragon Skins and Empty Dragon Elixirs. For skins, they are dropped from any color of Wyverns or Drakes.
      OBS: If you don't have a friend to help you or if you don't have another char to kill Wyverns, I strongly recommend you to go back to Ellinia using the Leafre's teleport. You can buy 2 Magic Seeds from NPC Chief Tatamo, in Leafre, move 2 maps to the left and get the magic teleport to Ellinia. In Ellinia, get the VIP Cab to Ant Tunnel so you will be really close to the Drake's map.
      For empty elixirs, you can get them by trading for 2 Mithril Plates and 2 Steel Plates on Mos, the weapon crafter located on upper plat on right of Chief Tatamo, as shown below. If you have problems on collecting those items, I can help if you're buying my service heheh.
      upload_2022-9-10_9-52-26.png
    4. After getting them, just return to Moira and finish Secret Medicine for Transformation quest, where you will get 2 Dragon Elixirs.
    Those elixirs are transformation potions that will be needed to go inside the Horntail cave. They can only be used on Moira's map, you must save them for HTPQ, that is the next part.

OBS: If you already did that before, you won't have Moira's whereabouts quest to open. In this case, just go directly to Moira and do the Secret Medicine for Transformation quest.

Ok, that's the last part of your journey to obtain Genesis. With Genesis quest open and Dragon Elixir in hands, you can start here. By doing this PQ, you will get Life Roots that is needed to finish the Genesis questline as I explained before.
    upload_2022-9-10_11-50-3.png
    I sell the service for this part, and to be honest most bishops pay for it to finish. In theory, you need 6 members (counting with you) to access the party quest, and probably that's the hardest thing to do. To get inside the cave (after you got your seller or your team), just go to Moira's map, use your Dragon Elixir and drop down.
    Again, if you're interested on buying my service for this, please send a message to me on discord (faaeel or fael #2318) or just try to pm me in game, IGNs: Braza, Rappa or Fael.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 13
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Dichotomy

Dichotomy Red Snail

Mar 26, 2020
    Male
    1:41 PM
    Thanks for this! Definitely something I'll be coming back to once I hit 120

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    4:41 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    [​IMG]

Thank you!!

I just finished following this guide start-to-finish. This quest series has quite a few steps, and this guide was immensely helpful.

I can also say, Fael's HTPQ service is impeccable. We found a time on Discord, and were in-and-out of that cave, Life Roots in hand, in 5 minutes.

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Thanks for ur feedback buddy!
    Grats on Genesis, lets goooooooooooooooooooo <3

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    9:41 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    10/10 guide
    10/10 service
    4/10 country honestly
    BRBRBRBR KKKKK

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Rasmus

Rasmus Snail

Nov 4, 2022
    Male
    9:41 PM
    Bishop
    Wauw this guide man - so usefull and great service all way through.

Thank you so much, keep up the good work!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. HopeMage

HopeMage Red Snail

Nov 12, 2022
    Male
    4:41 AM
    HopeMage
    Cleric
    Great service by Fael! Highly recommended. Got gene in 20mins

• Like Like x 2
  8. adamkok

adamkok Snail

Mar 28, 2023
    xXxAd4mxXx
    Beginner

Please let me know if you are selling the service

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Within

Within Blue Snail

Apr 7, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Great guide Fael! Really helped me out on my Bishop. Thanks for the advice! And may I also add, that getting the Tough Dragon Skins at Drakes is probably easier for lv120 Bishops. Especially since the questline requires so much back and forth to Victoria Island. Taxi Cab at Ellinia was the way to go for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Thanks for the feedback hehheh glad it helped!
    I'll add it to the guide to make it more clear, thanks :]

11. Assman

Assman Orange Mushroom

Jun 6, 2020
    Male
    Sun
    WhiteStuff
    Beginner
    SuckDeep
    This is a guide that you won't want to missed when you advance to bishop. If this is a video, it is crystall clear, that impossible to miss even the smallest acne on your tits.
    I didn't manage to get the service due to time zone issue, but i'm willing to pay even without the service that fael provide.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    hahah thanks man
    im sorry i couldnt make it for you! next time ^^

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Assman

Assman Orange Mushroom

Jun 6, 2020
    Male
    Sun
    WhiteStuff
    Beginner
    SuckDeep
    No worry, is all good ma good man :D

14. Laaghisce

Laaghisce Slime

May 15, 2015
    Male
    Texas
    3:41 PM
    Vien
    Bishop
    Funk
    Thank you for writing this guide AND the service!! :happy: I asked Fael for his service and he took less than 5 minutes to get me a Life Root... :jawdrop: Simply amazing... :cry:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Higuma

Higuma Red Snail

Sep 29, 2023
    Higuma
    Cleric
    Reached out, and received a reply about an hour later. Took 5 minutes to get the Life Root. Amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mooplouis

Mooplouis Snail

Nov 8, 2020
    Male
    3:41 PM
    Bishop
    Outstanding service! Quickly responded to me reaching out and was in and out fast with my life roots. 10/10

• Like Like x 1