1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Art of Optimization: Liberating the Gloves Slot

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by kiwiz, Jul 23, 2023.

1. kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    6:13 PM
    The Art of Optimization: Liberating the Gloves Slot

Jump To

+1 DEX
    [​IMG]

+2 DEX, -2 LUK
    [​IMG]

+1 DEX, -1 STR
    [​IMG]

Eventually sold for 53 Prestigious Coin after getting 2/4 goggles.

+1 DEX, -2 LUK
    [​IMG]

+1 DEX
    [​IMG]

Overview

Having read journals on gears improvement, I'm tempted to create one myself, even though mine appears to be mostly completed. Nonetheless, there are still upgrades that can be made.

[​IMG]

Here are my Shadower's current stats: with a base of 4 STR and 25 DEX, I can equip everything without depending on any event items.

[​IMG]

Moreover, I've successfully freed up the cape slot without it having to contribute any secondary stats, allowing me the flexibility to upgrade to any cape whenever I choose.

Goals

(Achieved!)
    To free up the gloves slot so that it doesn't need to contribute any secondary stats. To achieve this goal, I'll need to find 5 DEX upgrades from the current gears other than cape and gloves.

In addition, I'd like to upgrade every gear possible in my possession.

Gears

Here are my current gears, along with information on how I obtained them to the best of my recollection, and if any potential improvements that can be made for each equipment slot. It has been over 6 months since late year 2022 I acquired these items, spanning a period of more than 2 years from late year 2020 when I created my Shadower.

[​IMG]

I was impatient to wait for a better stats helmet, so I decided to use 1× 30% scroll and 6× 70% scrolls on it. Fortunately, all of them successfully passed with the initial 17 DEX and an upgrade over my previous 17/31/x/15 Scarlion Hat.

I'm looking into scrolling another Ravana Helmet or a Scarlion/Targa Hat for more than 32 DEX that still has 19 STR or more.
    [​IMG]

I can't recall the exact amount I paid for this pendant, but it was likely around 40 to 50 million mesos.

Chaos Scroll??? Nah. Not gonna touch this. Also very unlikely I'll be in any Pink Bean run as a casual player.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It took me a little over 1 month to collect 300 card sets for this ring, and I managed to earn over 700 million mesos from Gachas during that time.
    [​IMG]

I purchased this dagger with 364 Prestigious Coins in the late year 2022. The c/o at that time was 1.1 billion and I a/w-ed it at 1.2 billion mesos with Prestigious Coins at the rate of 3.3 million meso each.

I had actually spent slightly less than 1 billion mesos for it by opening coin pouches that were priced below the average rate, as it was during an event and the market was flooded with pouches. Specifically, P1 (1-3 coins) were going for as low as 6 million, P2 (4-8 coins) at 18 million, P3 (10-20 coins) at 45 million, P4 (20-30 coins) at 78 million, and P5 (80-100 coins) at 280 million. Furthermore, I also acquired coins below the rate of 3.2 million each.

I earned those meso within a month by capitalizing on the market inefficiency in the late year 2022. This was achieved through scrolling 22 TMA earrings, 15 TMA gloves, and 170 TMA wands. The calculated expected production cost for each item was lower than their perceived market value, allowing me to make an average profit of 40-80 million mesos for each production.

I'll maybe attempt to scroll a +6 Gold Double Knife, for 18 LUK, 130 weapon attack. I could set a limit for the attempt, like 300 to 500 million meso. A perfect weapon is gonna be a project by itself.
    [​IMG]

Someone smega-ed this shield with the c/o of 300 million mesos. I offered 350 million mesos, and they immediately accepted after the previous offerer backed out. After my successful purchase, the previous offerer regretted their decision and offered to buy it from me for 360 million mesos.

I declined and instead persuaded them to trade my existing weapon attack 28 Dragon Khanjar for 160 million mesos worth of Onyx Apples and Prestigious Coins. awesomemush (...which they later regretted their decision and wanted to trade back. However, by that time, I had already quick-sold the apples and coins for around 150 million mesos, so I declined the trade.)

I'll probably just purchase a scrolled one with 3 LUK, 32 weapon attack.
    [​IMG]

Bought this at 300 million meso.
    [​IMG]

I scrolled this goggles by purchasing a couple of them with 2 STR, 1 DEX, 2 slots (failed 1 slot), for 5 million mesos each. Managed to pass 2× Eye Accessory for Accuracy 30% scrolls on one of them.

I could scroll another goggles for 4 to 5 DEX. Or purchase one with 3+ STR 4+ DEX.
    [​IMG]

Think I purchased this mask at 180 million mesos from a store.

I could scroll another mask with 5× 70% scrolls, then 2× 30% scrolls for 9 DEX.
    [​IMG]

Traded with 12 DEX Single Earring + 150 million meso.

[​IMG]

Upgraded from 12 DEX to 13 DEX, which is pretty decent now.

I'm looking to make or purchase a 12 DEX Fallen Leaf Earrings or Sword Earrings for the extra HP. Or purchase a scrolled Element Pierce with at least 12 DEX and some extra STR/LUK.
    [​IMG]

Traded with 2-slots, 8 weapon attack Pink Adventurer, which I bought at 700mil meso.

[​IMG]

My previous 7 weapon attack cape. Initially, I saw this item listed at 500 million mesos in a store, but unfortunately, I didn't have enough mesos to make the purchase, and it was sold to someone else. Later, I came across it being resold at 550 million mesos, so I decided to purchase it at that price.

[​IMG]

Bought a 4 weapon attack 4 slots Pink Gaia Cape in the late year 2022, at 35 million meso. Scrolled it to 2 STR, 2 DEX and considering using a Chaos Scroll on it... 5+ STR, 5+ DEX, 8+ weapon attack dream. droolmush

Otherwise, I'll purchase a 8+ weapon attack cape.
    [​IMG]

Think I purchased this female thief top at 70 million mesos from a store.

23 stats is actually quite impressive for now. I'll see if I can make a less STR, more LUK piece if other equipment gets +STR upgrade.
    [​IMG]

Will be using 18 DEX skirt once I've manage to get another +1 DEX.

[​IMG]

Currently using this 19 DEX skirt to maintain 150 DEX without gloves.

Had to scroll these myself because nobody was selling scrolled skirts.

[​IMG]

Previous skirt.

Think I purchased this female thief bottom at 180 million mesos from a store.

I'll maybe make or purchase one with 17 to 20 DEX.
    [​IMG]

I wanted to purchase an 11 weapon attack Blue Anelin, as I relied on its 5 DEX. Unfortunately, the market had none available, prompting me to consider scrolling one myself. Initially, I thought of using 10% scrolls on the first slot and 60% scrolls on the remaining 4 slots. However, due to the limited supply of Blue Anelins with perfect stats, this approach wasn't practically viable.

Then, a brilliant idea struck me - I could scroll the first 4 slots with 60% scrolls at a much higher rate, and finish the last slot with a 30% scroll. I successfully implemented this strategy within 14 gloves.

This experience motivated me to explore the market further for arbitrage opportunities. As a result, I realized that I could reliably profit by scrolling 22 TMA earrings, 15 TMA gloves, and 170 TMA wands, at a mathematical advantage.

I'm looking into scrolling a 12 weapon attack Blue Anelin. If I can get a 5 DEX upgrade from other equipment, I'll be able to free the gloves slot for any gloves upgrade.
    [​IMG]

Think I purchased this thief shoes at 220 million mesos from a store.

I'll maybe make or purchase one with 11 to 12 DEX.

Expectation

Currently, this character only possess 200k mesos. It will likely take at least another 2 years for most of the upgrades.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    7:13 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    following along with other journals

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    [​IMG]

After revisiting my sweet child, I realised I have a surplus of 1 STR. That gives me a slightly less strict STR requirement for hat to 18 instead of 19. My options are:

Ravana Helmet with up to 20 STR, but only 7 slots to scroll. If I get lucky with a high roll of 19-20 DEX and and passes all with 70% scrolls, I could get up to 33-34 DEX.

Or, Scarlion Hat (STR) with up to 19 STR and 10 slots to scroll. The highest roll for DEX is 17, so passing 8/10 slots of 70% scrolls would give me 33 DEX.​

A theoretical possible reallocation:

[​IMG]

Here, I’m looking at an improvement of +1 DEX on hat, with a possible downgrade of -1 STR and some -LUK.

An improvement of +1 DEX on eye,
    and an improvement of +1 DEX on face.

An improvement of +2 DEX on bottom but possibly at the cost of -2 LUK if I’m looking at Green Pirate Skirt.

And -5 DEX, -4 LUK on gloves, the targetted slot to be freed. In return, I’ll probably need at least a 13 weapon attack gloves to replace the 11 weapon attack Blue Anelin.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    After checking some current and past sales on ML Discord, I made some rough estimates on how much I’m expecting to spend for each upgrade if I were to purchase from other players. I also came out with some expected cost for scrolling certain items.

Hat (scroll)
    7/7 Helm DEX 70% passes: ~185 million meso
    expected amount of Ravana Helmet (18-20 STR, 19-20 DEX) to use: 12-13

Hat (scroll)
    8/10 Helm DEX 70% passes, no boom, price of scrolls only: ~280 million meso (I didn’t do a precise calculation for this, just a very rough estimate)
    expected amount of Scarlion Hat (STR) (18-19 STR, 17 DEX) to use: 2-3

Face (buy)
    9 DEX: ~550-700 million meso

Eye (buy)
    9-11 stats: ~1.2-1.8 billion meso

Eye (scroll)
    2/3 Eye Acc 30% passes, no boom: ~250 million meso
    expected amount of Spectrum Goggles (1-2 STR, 2 DEX) to use: 6-7

Bottom (buy)
    18 DEX: ~250 million meso
    I might need to find an alternative to hat upgrade due to it being seemingly time-gated. It has high RNG to get specific helm/hat to drop with high rolls before even attempting to scroll. But who knows, I might get lucky.

The calculated expected cost of scrolling a 9 DEX face turns out to be around 1 billion meso. While there might be 5-8 DEX faces produced along the way, I feel the investment and risks are a little too high for me.

I’ll assess again when I have access to the game to check on FM’s availability.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    5:13 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    why optimize for stats when you can instead do for damage

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    This is how I like to play.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Everyone has their own fun. Multi-mage, DK farming, Osslock, OddJobs, 1,500mil bwg, scroll monopolising, you name it.

I’m not against any of those. I think it’s fair play if the game allows. For my case it’s Shadower str/dex 4/25. blushmush

• Like Like x 1
  8. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    5:13 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    Yeah, was a but thrown off since you included your weapon and intend to improve every item. The only way to optimize for that wrt market prices is to standardize your metric around damage/cost as damage is a function of wa and stats.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Hmm, my intent is to find the cheapest entry point for the next DEX upgrade. So I’m laying out my options to see what is my next possible short-term goal.

After seeing my options, I’ll probably not care about hat first. 18 DEX bottom seems to be best choice for a +2 DEX, so I’ll need to get some meso for that.

EDIT:
    I understand I could prioritise my resources into weapons, and attack cape for damage instead of minor stats increase. However my main goal is to free the gloves slot first.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    The FM has nothing. Screw these upgrades.

Thank you for following along this long journey. Much appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    I’ve never tried Nightghosts farming and seeing some positive results in another journal, I decided to give it a go.

[​IMG]

I started hunting with Assaulter as I’ve read that single target skills are suppose to provide the best un-nerfed drop rate in ML.

0:00 - Started Assaulting Nightghosts and Dark Cloud Foxes
    0:05 - 1× Common Gacha Tix dropped
    0:30 - Stopped Assaulter and used Boomerang Step instead

At this point, I had 307× tails, 312× bandanas, and felt it was slow so I changed to Boomerang Step. Also looted around 200k meso.

0:43 - 1× Dagger for Att 30% scoll dropped
    1:00 - Decided to stop once another scroll, gacha drops or when I’ve looted 1mil meso
    1:11 - 1× Common Gacha Tix dropped, stopped

Result

1017x Tails
    1043× Bandanas
    2× Common Gacha Tix
    1× Dagger for Att 30% scroll
    ~950k meso

Gacha & Exchange

Gachas:
    [​IMG]

Bandanas:
    [​IMG]

Tails:
    [​IMG]
    note: I later realised I’ve forgotten to exchange another stack of tails hidden at the bottom of my inventory.

I wasn’t killing at the optimal rate, and it was a short period of time. Either way, the map wasn’t too fun to maneuver around.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Was talking about making cheap accuracy Fish Spear in another journal, which motivated me to make one myself. On the first Fish Spear, managed to pass 1×30% and 6×60% Spear for Acc scrolls, feeling pretty good.

[​IMG]

Was contemplating between playing my lv39 Assassin or a little farming with Shadower, and decided to try my luck on hunting for Shadow Stars 20 at Brexton.

[​IMG]

0:00 - Brexton hunt started
    0:03 - Common Gacha Tix dropped
    0:10 - Black Neos Pants dropped
    0:23 - Green Ades dropped
    0:31 - Common Gacha Tix dropped
    0:37 - Dark Rivers Boots dropped
    0:55 - Green Neos dropped
    1:02 - Rare Gacha Tix dropped
    1:11 - Blue Arcina dropped
    1:23 - 802 Strange Eggs, ~1.2mil meso, stopped

Result

2× Common Gacha
    1× Rare Gacha
    5× equipment
    38× Power Elixir
    802× Strange Eggs
    ~1.2mil meso

Equipment:
    [​IMG]

Gachas:
    [​IMG]

No SS20, but still okay with the gacha I suppose. Should be roughly 6.5mil meso total for this session, and a cool Fish Spear added to my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Sliced Kid Mannequins on the menu today.

[​IMG]

0:00 - Started slicing some kids
    0:02 - Common Gacha Tix
    0:07 - [EQ] Doombringer
    0:09 - Common Gacha Tix
    0:11 - [EQ] Light Mantis (Female)
    0:15 - [EQ] Green Patriot
    0:20 - Common Gacha Tix
    0:21 - [EQ] Doombringer
    0:25 - [EQ] Dark Infinium Circlet
    0:31 - Common Gacha Tix
    0:35 - [EQ] Dark Lorin
    0:37 - [EQ] Dark Infinium Circlet
    0:42 - [EQ] Bent Judgement
    0:43 - [EQ] Blue Dragon Babuta
    0:47 - Common Gacha Tix
    0:48 - [EQ] Green Pirate Skirt
    0:50 - [EQ] Pink Mystique (Female)
    0:51 - Rare Gacha Tix
    0:56 - [EQ] Brown Requiem (Male)
    0:58 - [EQ] Bent Judgement
    1:00 - !!! Earring for INT 10%, stopped

[​IMG]

Result

5× Common Gacha
    1× Rare Gacha
    1× Earring for INT 10%
    35× Power Crystal Ore
    1,389× Kid Manne Etc
    13× equipment sold 2,135,000 meso
    ~1.8mil meso

[​IMG]

About 7mil worth of loots and meso.
    And some decent gacha pulls as well, gfma 60 + oa int 30.

Gacha:
    [​IMG]

Delicious :thumbsup:

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  14. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Today's just Skele farming with Bishop, for 3 hours total.

[​IMG]

Too lazy to record the loots and timings.
    Estimated about 12mil raw meso, plus 10mil from NPC-ing drops.
    EDIT: Forgot to add that there's also 38 Dragon Scales and 45 Dragon Spirits.

[​IMG]

And a 79wa King Cent, maybe 6-7mil?

[​IMG]

Gacha's not too bad from 8× common, 1× rare.
    Got a Shoes Jump 60, Spear Att 30 and Earring INT 30.

Totaling to about 45-48mil for 3 hours of farming.

[​IMG]

And I've got an earring upgrade today!
    Traded my 12 DEX Single Earring + 150mil for 13 Dex Gold Emerald.
    But had to loan meso from Coorie.

[​IMG]

Pretty happy with the trade. Seller accepting my 12 DEX earring as trade-in saves me the trouble from having to sell it and possibly incurring tax as well.

4 more DEX to free up gloves slot.

15. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    [​IMG]

Although I've already passed Shadow Shifter 20, wanted to try farming Dark Wyverns for 1 hour see how it goes. It drops from Pianus as well but I don't really feel like hunting it. I think they go for about 5mil each.

[​IMG]

After 1 hour, no SS20 drop. Only this piece of crap.

[​IMG]

However the other drops were actually pretty decent. Got 6 equip drops, 1 being a 78wa King Cent that sells for 2-3mil maybe? Managed to sell the previous wa79 for 6.5mil.

817 of Dark Wyvern's Toenails (etc), just in case anyone wants to use it as reference on the kill rate.

Surprisingly, got 32 Dragon Scales from the session which is more than what I drop per hour for Bishop Skele farming. Also looted about 1.5mil of raw meso.

Gacha result from Dark Wyvern - 2 common, 1 rare:
    [​IMG]

Decided to try Brexton once again for Shadow Stars 20 and 35 minutes in...

[​IMG]

WOOT!

[​IMG]

Used it to pay back my "debt" to Coorie. In case you didn't know, Coorie is my character as well and all the meso are MINE! But for story's sake I'm paying back so that I can complete the challenge.

And lastly, gacha result from Brexton hunt - 2 common:
    [​IMG]

I typed in a rush so it’s all over the place, but stylish I know.

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Tried farming at Rashes for Topwear LUK 70% and Bottomwear DEX 70% scrolls.

[​IMG]

The layout is pretty okay with high mob density, fun and feels good for Shadower to slice through a bunch of them quickly. Drops good amount of meso too from Pickpocket, about 2mil raw meso for 50min of farm.

[​IMG]

Drops decent amount of equipment which sold for almost 1.8mil. Also gotten 24 Power Crystal Ores and 18 DEX Crystal Ores, perhaps about 700-800k for those. The ETC were probably about 1.2k each, can’t exactly remember how many but I know they sold for about another 600-700k in total.

Didn’t get any LUK/DEX scrolls however, other than a Shoes Jump 10% scroll that goes for around 500k. But overall still pretty decent I’d say, about 5.7mil for 50min, which is like 6.84mil/hr.

Gacha from 2 common:
    [​IMG]

Think I’m gona try Master Chronos next.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    if i no wrong this etc can be used with tatamo to pay less the seds?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Yeah, you are right. I think I had considered doing that in the past but selling the ETC seems to be the better choice especially if I’m just gona use TP Rocks most of the time.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i understand you, i use alot of tp (but i like to help the npc kekw)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. OP
    OP
    kiwiz

kiwiz Skelegon

May 7, 2018
    Ahh yes. I think doing quests in Leafre reduces the price as well, for Tatamo’s seeds…

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1