1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Taipei 101 References

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrJason, Sep 27, 2022.

1. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    5:37 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    While camping for spirit of rock (chair when?) I was taking a look at the map assets around Taipei 101 and thought I'd point out some cool references. Most of these are obvious and not that interesting, but I think most of us don't pay attention to things like this while playing.

1) Original World map (also seen in the kerning subway entrance) very nostalgic seeing this
    [​IMG]

2) Maple.com wasn't even a website associated with the game, yet advertised here
    [​IMG]

3) Starbucks
    [​IMG]

4) Puma (athletic clothing store)
    [​IMG]

5) Lego store
    [​IMG]

6) La Coste (clothing store with alligator logo)
    [​IMG]

7) Levi's (denim clothing store)
    [​IMG]

8) Toy store featuring Ludi assets
    [​IMG]

9) Aquarium featuring aqua road assets
    [​IMG]

10) Pet store featuring a lizard mob from ThaiMS
    [​IMG]

11) Cat? store, featuring assets I have never seen elsewhere in MapleStory (anyone know where these are from? ignore my bunny)
    [​IMG]

I am sure there are plenty more. Taipei 101 has underrated art design imo, creative re-use of other assets.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    5:37 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Now THIS is the quality content I came here for :) Love the appreciation for all the details, thanks for creating this post

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    6:37 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA