1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Change "Beyond the Ruins" quest to level 175+ to match entrance requirement

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DrJason, Dec 6, 2023.

1. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    5:35 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Currently, Beyond the Ruins is level 140+, whereas the entrance requirement for the pink bean map is 175+. Meaning you can obtain this quest and it is impossible for 35 levels.

I propose to make the quest and map entrance requirements the same. I do not like having incompletable quests for completionist purposes.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    3:35 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    So if you want to complete the game then level to 175?

3. OP
    OP
    DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I don't understand your point. Many definitions of completing the game would be to hit lv200? Meanwhile it serves no purpose to have a lv140 quest that can't be completed until lv175

4. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    It serves no purpose changing the game to suit your specific personal needs either

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    2:35 AM
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    Pap pre-quest Protect Ludibrium starts at 80, and you're able to enter the map, same with Zakum at 50. If you cannot enter the map at the level the quest is given, then imo it's not set properly, and should be adjusted. Makes no sense to have the quest sit in your log for 35 levels.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I disagree.

1) it prevents players wasting their time getting a marble when they can't enter the PB map from Forgotten Twilight (until you attempt to enter this portal, no where in-game is it specified the map entrance requirements are custom)

2) in vanilla maplestory the map did not have an entrance requirement, so you could hypothetically enter the map at level 140 if you wanted to (after getting marble). Making the quest consistent with the entrance requirement is both less obfuscated and arguably more aligned with the original intent

3) although this isn't currently a significant issue due to the relatively few PB runs that happens on this server, fewer 140-174 characters killing the ToT mini-bosses would mean there is a higher chance of these bosses being around when PB runners are getting their marble

4) someone completing this quest at 140 has to currently hold a useless etc for 35 levels or re-do the quest when they reach 175 (i.e. you choose a waste of storage or a waste of time)

5) Ultimately, it is poor game design to have a game tell you to do something when it is impossible to do that thing. This is my personal gripe and why I made this suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    6:35 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Second'ing this suggestion.
    A good quest design must have a consistent/logical flow from start to completion, being stonewalled for 35 level is nothing short of frustration and poor design considering the high level required.
    Either have the entry set at 140 or the raise the quest to 175. SlimeLaugh

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Level requirement became 175 to prevent too easy mule playing (even though sweaties just use 175+ mules), and I hope to respect this purpose. therefore I may redesign this suggestion.

allow map entering for 140~174 players but prevent signup with lvl 175+ wall.

Still doubtful this is actually needed suggestion because it seems just personal completor's satisfying and about etc slot issue, you can just throw it away and redo quest if you want.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    11:35 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Agreed with OP, no idea how this can be seen as controversial.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Mainly that its a waste of devs time for something that is strictly a visual annoyance for a single player. There are far more important things to spend the resources on than this

11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    11:35 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I'm not sure if dev time is actually needed for a change like this but even if it is, these are the visual annoyances that make the difference between a good server and a great server and Legends has always done well combating these minor issues.

Looking at this thread it's certainly not an annoyance to a single player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    2:35 AM
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    This argument is extremely petulant, dismissive, and far too overused and misused.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cornwall

Cornwall Master Chronos

Dec 11, 2020
    Male
    Cornsair
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Im going to steal your words for future work emails. Thank you very much!

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    It's good to consider dev's volunteer time, but the Suggestion forum exists for a reason and this change is quite literally changing a single object parameter. It takes 5 seconds to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Since the 175 entry requirement is a deliberate gameplay choice, I'd narrow down the suggestion to just raising the quest level requirement to the same level since it maintains the intentional level requirement and removes the level inconsistency between the quest and map entry. SlimeLaugh

As a former game dev, I'd disagree that its a waste of time.
    Visual bugs or the game design for the quest in this case may not have the same priority as game-breaking bugs but that does not mean that it will be simply ignored, they are cataloged if deemed as bugs and redesigned/fixed where time and resource permits.
    Inconsistency can ruin immersion so it is important to reduce it as much as possible regardless of how minor it may seem. SlimeBlush

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious