1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

.wz related bug / OCD Quester's curse - A recap

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Krauser94, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    2:07 PM
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Basically, i wanted to make a recap, with all those quests that give issues to the questers that, like me, live dreams of a clean quest tab one day.

In the next pic there is a list of the quests that i haven't been able to get rid of, and i have hopes to get solved one day, so my OCD can rest SlimeCry

[​IMG]

Except for the ones on the "Thailand" tab, that didnt got added yet, the ones with issues are:

- Cupid's Courier

This quest has been haunting people since the start, and is still there, to give us pain. In the next thread it was reported and marked as unfixable, but lately the staff managed to get things done that were marked as impossible too, so i have hopes SlimeCry

- Savior of Ulu city
    This quest just returns here, and if you don't complete the whole questline in 24hrs, it reactivates, no matter if you were doing the second or the third quest, you will be able to make the first AND the one you were doing at the same time, even overlapping, but this will appear again the next day and stay.
    Next thread it got reported too, but we were trying to wonder if the trigger was like i mentioned above.

- Keeny Research on Frankenroid and Alcadno/Zenumist and the Ostracized research
    This 2 quests here, mostly haunt on players from before MPQ got added. Some of us never forfeit it, in hopes of being able to complete them somehow OR getting them manually fixed in some way. It was an issue mentioned on the thread were MPQ got added, some of us still have hopes on this SlimeCrySlimeCry

- Secure a Piece of Hope (BUT basically all the NT questline, kinda)

The quests where you are supposed to forfeit them to reenter the map in case you died/left, stay there, in progress, after forfeit. The forfeit mechanic is still weird for my taste, but i wouldn't mind too much. Considering that i need to complete again the quests to get them removed (but they will return if i enter once)
    The issue can be seen there, on the pic below, where i can't forfeit the quest because i already pressed forfeit, but it stays there.

[​IMG]

And that's all. I just wanted to make this as a summary of those quests that stay there, just hoping that with this new year that started, they get fixed. Hopes remain, and won't leave. thank you SlimeCry:heart:

Description of the bug: Quests stuck on the tab.
    What is supposed to happen?: They should go away
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: Quest tab

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    1:07 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    This is also a pet peeve of mine and hopefully, as you say, maybe those will be "fixable" in the near future.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Friendly bump because it got quite a good acceptation from other ppl.

Questers united SlimeCry:heartbeat:

• Like Like x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Another tiny bump in hopes of a quester that asked me yesterday. (I gotchu boi SlimeCry )

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Alright, time to handle this one finally.

I fixed this by making the quest no longer repeatable, to stay consistent with literally every other 'multipart quest' never being repeatable. Looking at the rewards, I don't think anyone is going miss this quest.

I've fixed this the same way as the above quest, since it makes not much sense for this quest to be repeatable when there's a similar quest for when you lose the hammer. This quest works very similar as the Ludi one.

We'll see if we can do something about this in the future eventually, such as completing it for everyone above the level before the PQ came out.

I need someone more experienced with Neo Tokyo to look into this one, since I am not sure what the problem is with those quests or mechanics

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Krauser94

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Thank you for the cupid one and the Krexel one for real and also about the posible future fix on the MPQ ones. SlimeCry:heartbeat:

For the NT ones, sure. I can add also a better explain if needed.

But thanks a lot, my OCD heart is happy:heart:

7. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    1:07 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    I'm so glad with these all of these QOL improvements and fixes lately! Great work :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    8:07 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs