1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

So uh... I guess I'm reintroducing myself?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Wafflehead, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Wafflehead

Wafflehead Mano

Nov 9, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    2:31 AM
    Wafflehead
    Crusader
    I think the last time I've made a post here was back in December(?) 2015. Back then, I'd recently cleared 2nd Job Advancement on a Fighter, was waiting around for Christmas events, and generally being a depressed little shit leaning back on the nostalgia trip to distract me from the fact I just kinda wanted to die xD.

It's now September 2018.

That exact same garbage-tier fighter has just now hit level 75 as a Crusader. Long story short is that I got busy with irl™, bounced back and forth between various games and different private servers. I'm currently half-assing my way through University while miraculously maintaining a decent GPA. I still want to die. Each time I briefly came back, I joined a guild then got kicked almost immediately after for inactivity (not that I blame them LUL). I think the last time I seriously tried participating in this server again was around September/October 2017(?), where I basically missed out all of Summer 2017, then also missed the entirety of MapleLegends Anniversary (again, PepeHands).

I'm not sure what to now, honestly. I'm semi-tempted to just delete my Crusader and start all over again because I'm definitely sure I've fucked over his stats (way, WAAAY too much Dex, HP wash uncertainties, garbage tier equipment), but then I've also invested quite abit of NX into the guy and it kinda just feels like Sunk Cost fallacy at this point. Mainly, I just continue playing for two reasons: try and grind up a few tiers of the Monster Book Ring, and to try and make my own Int Gear from scratch purely through grinding for Int scroll drops. Exciting, I know.

I briefly considered posting this thread under "Help and Advice" but I don't even know what happens in this forum anymore lol. Last time I seriously scrolled through the forums, I mostly saw old established players being complete pricks to newbies who weren't used to the difficulty curve, and I guess that still hasn't changed as much. MapleF12

So uh, add me at my IGN 'Wafflehead', I guess.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  2. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    9:31 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Warriors are pretty tanky without washing, so don't feel the requirement to wash (if you do not want to) and focus on having a good time and making friends and joining a guild. SlimeGrin

If you have any questions feel free to ask me SlimeSmile

3. Joolahn

Joolahn Dark Stone Golem

Aug 1, 2017
    Male
    11:31 AM
    Joolahn
    Night Lord
    California
    First of all, welcome back - hope things are going a bit better for you. University can definitely be a struggle, but it looks like you're hanging in there (I'm done, thank goodness).

Second of all, you don't need to restart, you have plenty of options (even the dex is okay if you plan to use Stonetooth). If you want a community, you're welcome to join California. If you're on hiatus but expect to return, let us know and you won't be kicked! We're a really friendly community of both non-elitist yet established players and newer players. I'm the founder and one of our goals is to promote community and a noob friendly environment! Feel free to message me online, my ign is Joolahn!

We're mainly active during 9am - 2am PST (that's 12am to 5pm SGT).

4. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    2:31 PM
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    Don’t listen to HiyoHiyo he smells.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    PepeHands (miss you btw)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    11:31 AM
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters
    You don't choose the Hero path, the Hero path chooses you. If I were you, I'd keep character only cause I know how hellish getting to a 7x warrior was and deleting that is no bueno.

7. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    I agree, Slash Blasting your way to 120 is not fun

8. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Don't start over a Crusader over HP washing. Each wash only uses 4 MP.
    Use 4 X Level + 156 to calculate you minimum MP, subtract that from your current Max MP, divide that number by 4, and multiply the result by 50, there's you potential washing HP. You probably have plenty of room for washing already. If you want more, even 40 int gives you an extra wash per level. Which could be covered by cheap int equips

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  9. Vera

Vera Dark Stone Golem

Sep 27, 2016
    Female
    ei
    Nolo
    Buccaneer
    Demure
    i like your attitude, but pls dont delete you char thanks. also welcome back, i can be a friend!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1